Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #61
Conqueror
Pensive

Fight on, grab on, Stormrider, I ****in love that cd, every song is a classic.

And about Tim Mills, does anyone know if he has played in any other bands, i would like to hear some of his stuff if he has any. I also found this one power metal band called Winters Bane that has Tim Owens singing, its pretty kickass but his vocals have progressed alot since then.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #62
Embodiment
Banned

I love the Gregorian chant effect in Angel's Holocaust, Dante's Inferno, etc. I've mainly been listening to Horror Show but I need to get some more of their stuff.
Embodiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 AM   #63
KVX10 KING V
Metal saved my life

Yesturday me and my band preformed 1776 live in our talent show infront of like 700 students and 200 parents, best time of my life. heres the link:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD
-Marshall AVT series 4x12" extension cab.
-Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal

ICED EARTH
KVX10 KING V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #64
KVX10 KING V
Metal saved my life

check it out this is me and my friends, playing 1776 for our talent show, enjoy:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD

ICED EARTH
Old 12-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #65
AtrumArx

Sounds good, keep up the good work.
AtrumArx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #66
Monkey_Bassist
Gives Away Free-Electrons

Conqueror, I have yet to see what other bands the new Lead Guitarist has been in, it is possible that he is more of a jam/play at pubs kind of guy then a band guy. Jon Schaffer is known to be pretty good at getting well known/experienced musicians as well as talented/lesser known ones in his band/side projects.

KVX10 KING V, good to see you and your band organized to play an Iced Earth song, especially at a talent show.
Monkey_Bassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #67
KVX10 KING V
Metal saved my life

Quote:
KVX10 KING V, good to see you and your band organized to play an Iced Earth song, especially at a talent show.

Thnx, we plan to play some more of their songs next year.

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD

ICED EARTH
Old 12-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #68
ibaRGnez321
Guitarded.

I can't convince my lead guitarist to want to learn any Iced Earth.

Probably because there are hardly any solos.

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120
<//////>~
ibaRGnez321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #69
Monkey_Bassist

KVX10 KING V I finally got a chance to watch your video, it was great, I tell the whole band was having fun and the crowd loved it. I'm just guessing you were in the middle?? any way the little synced head banging riff was a laugh and that was a good attempt at the flute solo at the end there.

ibaRGnez321, tell him hes a wuss and that he isn't really a Lead Guitarist if he can't attempt/learn descent Lead lines/melodies instead of just solos.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #70
Necrolust
My username is stupid

Location: Inside di caprios dreams while he's dreaming about me being in his dream about dreaming about being in his dream
I love them. Barlow's voice was unbelievable.
Alive in athens FTW.

My Music

My Playing Skills
Necrolust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #71
Monkey_Bassist

Thats right Necrolust didn't your go to Alive in Athens? you didn't say much about it last time, that would have been an f*cking excellent concert (especially since there is no chance of seeing another tour with Matt doing vocals ).
Old 12-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #72
Necrolust
My username is stupid

Location: Inside di caprios dreams while he's dreaming about me being in his dream about dreaming about being in his dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Bassist
Thats right Necrolust didn't your go to Alive in Athens? you didn't say much about it last time, that would have been an f*cking excellent concert (especially since there is no chance of seeing another tour with Matt doing vocals ).

Yeah, I was there both days of the recordings and shows. I payed a little extra but I got to see barlow with his long hair banging like crazy. it was excellent and now with the alive in athens dvd you can also see the concert with the 35 songs performed along with special features with John Shaffer walking on the parthenon and introfucing his family.
And all that for a nominal fee. 15 to 28 euros , approximately $20 - $30
The Dvd was released in 2006 with great digital enhancement and absolutely amazing quality.
I definately suggest you to buy it. If I was Oprah I'd put a sticker on it.

My Music

My Playing Skills
Old 12-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #73
Monkey_Bassist

Lol, anyway I think I'll get that DVD (I did know about it) but I hesitated because of what Jon said about the old record label and the fuss related to it. I currently own (have bought) every Iced Earth album (including the Dark Genesis box set - there was only 4000 made :woah) except The Dark Saga (I have a mp3 version from my mate but I refuse to listen to it till I get the original - it better quality anyway).

And I haven't seen either the Gettysburg or the Alive in Athens DVD's where I am so I'll have to order off the net I guess. So Necrolust is the DVD like a proper music DVD with the menus and all ?? and is the quality alright ?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #74
Necrolust
My username is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Bassist
And I haven't seen either the Gettysburg or the Alive in Athens DVD's where I am so I'll have to order off the net I guess. So Necrolust is the DVD like a proper music DVD with the menus and all ?? and is the quality alright ?

Yes, I was surprised at the quality actually. It has menus , song selection, the whole concert with 35 songs, and extra features. The sound and video quality is flawless. I cant stop watching it ..

My Music

My Playing Skills
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #75
Renka
Zombie

I'm with Necrolust, the DVD is awesome. I think Jon was a bit bitter or something, cuz everything on it rocks. There are some flaws, for example there are like one shot of the drummer, they cut two or three songs out (good ones too) and the songs are in the wrong order (I may be the only one annoyed by this, but I want the autenthic experience, damn it! ).
Still, the sound and video was awesome and the DVD was pretty cheep where I bought it. So yeah, awesome.
Renka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #76
Monkey_Bassist

Ok thanks guys, I'll have a look around to see where I can get a copy.

Anyway I might as well ask some Iced Earth related questions .... has anyone (other than Necrolust ) been to a Iced Earth concert? at all?.

And does anyone know what ever happened (seen an interview or other wise) to Dave Abell? he was the Bass player for the band from the start till (I think) The Dark Saga (or maybe till Some Wicked, when Jimmy Macdonough took over). I have a great deal of respect for him as I'm a Bass player and appreciate any good Bass playing in Metal, and I feel sorry for him (unless he did something wrong/bad?) being left behind when the band (sort of ) took off.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #77
Renka
Zombie

I've never been to one of their consert and I barely know anything of the members in the band, current or present.
But on the topic of taking off (career wise), I do think Iced Earth will get some fame with the release of their next album. If they just back it up with videos, ads and such I definently think they can cause a stir in the metal world seeing as they definently have the talent, they just need to be discovered.

The release of the Glorious Burden was definently a take off, if a minor one, seeing as it spawned a DVD release as well as two music videos (and the old record company thought Iced Earth to be a stong enough name to release an old DVD in it).
Renka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #78
Monkey_Bassist

Talking

I see where your getting at Renka, and if you want to know anything about the band/songs etc just ask .

Yeah I've got a feeling the new album(s) will have sort of affect on how people perceive the band as there following (apparently) in most of Europe and Italy/Greece is picking up and other Western countries are starting to appreciate the band (not so much on these forums though ).

And the new record label seems to have a better concept of marketing the band for what it is and giving them a good chance to pick-up fans, and not to mention Jon and the band already said that on their next tour they will be doing the FULL-ON tour DVD with a proper crew etc. (I really hope they come to Australia

Last edited by Monkey_Bassist : 12-30-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #79
Conqueror
Pensive

I got the DVD a few days ago and it is a hell of a lot better than I expected. I cant wait until there next tour,but it wont be as good without Barlow. I saw a video on youtube of the ripper doing Burning Times and he pulled it off alright but im still hoping Matt rejoins in time to tour, lol.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #80
Spynal
Halt! Hammerzeit!

Iced Boreth.

All I really have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Spynal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: