Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #81
garden of grey
RIP David Gold

^ Spynal, do you like any band that has ever been discussed here?

Good band, but to each his own I suppose.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #82
Spynal
Halt! Hammerzeit!

Only when me or mike starts the thread, rofl rofl elitistcopter.

I like a lot of bands discussed here, just not any discussed recently since they're all generally boring as hell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Spynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #83
garden of grey
RIP David Gold

Lol, Mike doesn't like anything that doesn't have at least five prefixes on the sub genre. Ambient stoner dark funeral doom grind metal FTW.

Oh well, at least you don't say "wretched" or "FFS FFS" in every single post lol.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:51 AM   #84
Axis Of Evil
Fire is your friend.

Updates from Jon on their myspace. dunno about their site. haven't looked. but he put up working tracklistings for the next two CD's. it's subject to change, but who cares? it still looks sweet.

Something Wicked - Part 1

1.) Overture
2.) Something Wicked (Part 1)
3.) Invasion
4.) Man's Motivation
5.) The Setian Massacre
6.) Ghost Dance Ritual
7.) Reflections
8.) Ten Thousand Strong
9.) Execution
10.) Order of the Rose
11.) The Clouding
12.) Infiltrate and Assimilate
13.) Retribution From the Shadows
14.) Something Wicked (Part 2)
15.) The Domino Decree
16.) The Division of Religion (Man Needs God)
17.) Novo Ordo Seclorum (Cycle Of A New Age)

Something Wicked - Part 2

1.) The Sacred Flames
2.) Behold the Wicked Child
3.) Minions of the Watch
4.) A Gift Or A Curse?
5.) I Walk Among You
6.) My Burden, My Honor
7.) Ancient Rage of the High Priest
8.) A Gathering Threat
9.) Time Marches On
10.) Sacrificial Kingdoms
11.) Something Wicked (Part 3)
12.) Divide Devour
13.) Conspiracy / A Charge to Keep
14.) Come What May (Mankind Is Lost)

The Iced Earth Thread
Axis Of Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:56 AM   #85
Nite27
Duke of Prunes

""Something Wicked (Part 1)" will be released in the September/October '07 time frame and Part 2 will follow in January/February '08.

This is by far the most epic task I've ever taken on as a songwriter and I really feel like it will be worth all the sacrifice when it's finished. I've been working nonstop for over a year now and it's coming together in a very special way. I've just about finished all the musical arrangements and am now focusing on writing the lyrics/vocal melodies. I'm in the final stretch now........"

Straight from icedearth.com.
Nite27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #86
Monkey_Bassist
Gives Away Free-Electrons

WOAH great news (haven't been on the net for a while ), sh*t 17 songs and 14 songs within a few months of each other, excellent.

Sorry Spynal that this particular band isn't Doom or Ambient enough for you, that or Myspace-y-esque (? I don't know), but that up to you I suppose.

Anyway I'm really starting to look forward to the new album(s) now thats theres some more news happening, but I'm not looking forward to waiting to the end of the year
Monkey_Bassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #87
Americanhoser
Registered Droog

I got hooked with the Blessed and The Damned. Im sure to buy something wicked when it releases.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Americanhoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #88
bimsterfls
Yoshi!

Iced Earth was the first metal band that wasn't super mainstream(Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath,etc...) that I got into. Something Wicked, Horror Show, and The glorious Burden are all in my possesion, and I agree that Matt was the superior vocalist. Owens doesn't bother me, though, he can sing very well, it's just matt's voice is more appealing to my ear.
bimsterfls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #89
IgnoreThis
6anned

Theres gonna be two Something Wicked CDs? Whoa, i'll be getting those (or probably downloading them seeing that theres a one in a million chance i'll be able to find them in stores)
Old 01-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #90
AcidBath443
aka Captain Tigglesworth

^I've seen Iced Earth in best buy a bunch of times. Hell, I bought Horror Show and Burnt Offerings there.

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
AcidBath443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #91
IgnoreThis
6anned

Ive seen Burnt Offerings in HMV once, but thats it, they always have like 1 copy of a 1 album of a band you like there, and youll come back next week and it'll be long gone.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #92
Axis Of Evil
Fire is your friend.

i'll be interested to hear the re-recording of the Something Wicked Trilogy. For those who don't know, they'll be re-recording it and releasing it on an EP/single in June of this year, along with a single track, probably Come What May (Mankind Is Lost). I can't effing wait.

I also wanna hear Tim Mills' guitar skills. See what he brings to the table for Iced Earth.

Someone said they wanna see Matt get back with the band. I would love that too, but I doubt it will happen. His heart isn't in the music anymore. It hasn't been since 9/11. He found his "higher calling" in life.

The Iced Earth Thread
Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #93
Nite27
Duke of Prunes

yeah, apparently Matt even shaved his head (or atleast got a buzz cut) for his new Law Enforcement job... no more wicked headbang hair
Nite27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #94
frozen-dirt

^I died a little inside when I saw the pic of him without hair

I'm looking forward to hearing the new material. I am a little worried though, as it could turn out to be suckage like TGB (imo). Maybe it will be cool, though.
frozen-dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #95
garden of grey
RIP David Gold

^ wait, what happened to him at 9/11 that made him do this? I do not know much of the people in the band.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #96
CaptainOfSmug
Morbid Mushroom

This is going to bring down the mood

Yay

WTF?

....I think I just died a bit too when I saw these pictures But, I guess it's his choice, I mean lots of people become rock gods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.

Last edited by CaptainOfSmug : 01-02-2007 at 02:42 AM.
CaptainOfSmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #97
Monkey_Bassist

Angry

garden of grey, the story goes when the band was starting to record their latest album (The Glorious Burden) Matt Barlow lost a lot of drive and enthusiasm for Music and singing as a result of the 9/11 attacks in the US. The terrorist attacks really hit Matt hard, and gave him a sort of awaking (which is not good for us and Metal music ) to leave Music behind a pursue a authority/military career, as he believed this was him doing his bit for his country.

And him having to cut his hair to pursue his new career was not a good moment, he had like THE best hair in Metal (or at least the longest and most impressive), which is sad .

So in other words there is little to NO chance of him doing any sort of Music based work any time soon, BUT he is still very good mates with Jon Schaffer (and the rest of the band) and is actually Jon's step-brother (he's married to Jon's sister, who was actually Matt's first and only vocal coach/teacher, before the Dark Saga he had never done any formal training/lessons). Which I'm not sure means much, but still.

Oh and don't worry about the new album(s) being crap (grrrr what a stupid thing to say, its not they have bets going on them like say Metallica to make a next good album). Or being much like The Glorious Burden, because as the band said when they released that album it was meant to be a departure from the bands "normal" sound and was/is supposed to have been more mellow and emotion driven to reflect the theme some what.

Last edited by Monkey_Bassist : 01-02-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #98
Axis Of Evil
Fire is your friend.

^^ he got it. Matt felt that after 9/11, he had to do something to help his country.

Why would you say TGB sucked? It was different, yes, but I loved it. I just finally got into enjoying all the songs. Gotta love that guitar solo in Red Baron/Blue Max.

I don't forsee Iced Earth releasing a St. Anger-esque album. Jon can't be capable of that. I really look forward to hearing their new albums, though.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Matt will come back later on. But I doubt it. If he ever did, it would have to be when Iced Earth plays with a symphony. They really need to do that. They have some songs that would be sexcellent with a symphony backing.

The Iced Earth Thread
Old 01-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #99
Monkey_Bassist

Yes thats true about the TGB being a really good album, just different, and the Gettysburg Trilogy has the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra playing in it (and they did a excellent job going off of Jon's composing).

The EP will give everyone a good idea of how the band is sounding with Tim Mills on Lead and the young guy on Bass, also it will show how far (if at all ) Tim Owens has come within the band (Jon is pretty notorious for kicking people's arses until they are up to scratch, which Owens will need to get him to practice his lower range ).

Really looking forward to the new stuff any way, and the albums having (possibly) that many tracks should keep everyone happy till the second album comes out.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #100
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

there is this video on youtube that says herman li solo, and i love the song he is playing too, and i think it's by iced earth, does anyone know what song that is?

Here's the solo:

Last edited by severed-metal : 01-06-2007 at 01:46 PM.
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: