Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #81
#_of_the_beast
The Toxic Waltz

terrible band, billy corgan writes there songs for them

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
#_of_the_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #82
Merge
Drywall Enthusiast

Ben Burnley and Billy Corgan colaborated on one song together. And I wouldn't want Billy Corgan writing anything for me.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
Merge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #83
__Ronnie__
Bass player

Quote:
Originally Posted by #_of_the_beast

Wow obviously you know nothing. Get out of the BB thread.
__Ronnie__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #84
Merge
Drywall Enthusiast

I with you on that one, Ronnie.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
Merge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #85
Paroxysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by #_of_the_beast

Out of three albums and EPs, only 2 songs (1. Follow, 2. Forget It). As if Corgan contribute much
Old 05-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #86
__Ronnie__
Bass player

I'd also like to mention that the ones he helped write are also some of their worst songs. Follow is okay, but Forget It? I also think he had a hand in Rain too. Rain and Forget It are their worst songs. Coincidence?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #87
\m/metallica\m/
Seasons

Ahh ^^ Follow is a really kickass song. didn't know billy corgan helped write it, maybe thats why they never play it live Forget it is not too bad, and rains like an old nursery rhyme type song? O well, and to say there a terrible band is funny
On a good note, i got to meet Ben At rock on the range, he was standing behind a fence smokin a cigarette, so i just went up and said hi, had him sign my shoe! KICKASS

ADD MY BAND.
\m/metallica\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #88
cam smith

breaking Benjamin are really good especially in concert then there awesome just saw them in new hamshire
cam smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #89
crackbaby

I love the song Breath! Ben Burnley has such a great voice. I think that its so unique!
crackbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #90
Shihonage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton165
I did also. The songs were good though. I wish they would have done some covers though, maybe like 2 or so, just to give it a more 'live' feel

They actually performed a cover of Depeche Mode's Enjoy The Silence at the concert that was recorded, but due to legal issues it wasn't included on the dvd. Think there may have been one other song with a similar issue on the night, too. Shame, considering they actually did a studio recording of Enjoy The Silence but it'll never see the light of day. I've only heard a live recording of it, sounded pretty good.

They may not be the most technical band, but I don't think they try to make it that technical - from what I can tell, Aaron at least definitely has the potential to play more complex pieces, and Ben ain't too shabby on the guitar either. Eh, they're both better than me... ;P
Shihonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #91
HugeRed
#1 Alter Bridge fan!

i jsut saw them on the 31 in cleveland. they are sweet live!!! wehn ben came out and sang for 3DG he blew everyone away.

does anyone have a pic of bens custom prs? the one with the logo inlays and something where the neck pup should be.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
HugeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #92
__Ronnie__
Bass player

Be sure to vote for Ben Burnley in the modern rock vocalst thread. He's sure as hell better than 90% of the other singers on there.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #93
3rdActguitarist

Ben Burnley is the best vocalist I've heard in a long time. I'd rank him up there with Freddy of Queen and Phil Collins of Genisis. I saw them live in Knoxville and they were KICKASS!!! Both Ben and Aaron are awesome guitarists.

Click for free virus
3rdActguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #94
__Ronnie__
Bass player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdActguitarist
Ben Burnley is the best vocalist I've heard in a long time. I'd rank him up there with Freddy of Queen and Phil Collins of Genisis. I saw them live in Knoxville and they were KICKASS!!! Both Ben and Aaron are awesome guitarists.

Im with you there definitely. Few male vocalists actually have a full vocal range, but Ben does. Off the top of my head so do the singers from Shinedown and Alter Bridge also. Ben also has an ton of control over his voice and uses it perfectly in his songs. He would win in that modern vocalist thread if people actually knew anything about singing.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #95
3rdActguitarist

^ Amen to that post brother. Its good to see UG has such diehard fans of Breaking Benjamin. I am not alone

Click for free virus
Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #96
__Ronnie__
Bass player

Are you a member of the Shallow Bay? I hang out there a lot so I know my stuff when it comes to Breaking Benjamin.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #97
3rdActguitarist

I've been meaning to join, I just haven't had the time. I've visited the website, and I've checkout the bios and other stuff. Its freaking heaven for a Breaking Benjamin fan

EDIT: I joined. My name is Your_polyamorous_pal

Click for free virus

Last edited by 3rdActguitarist : 06-11-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #98
\m/metallica\m/
Seasons

Post a link to the modern vocalist thread! I wanna vote haha, ben's got a kickass voice.
nvm i found it

ADD MY BAND.

Last edited by \m/metallica\m/ : 06-11-2007 at 01:14 PM.
\m/metallica\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #99
Titans4Lyfe

Breaking Benjamin in my opinion is a great band. Best band around today that makes you eliminate all that emo and rap sh*t.

But, the only thing that I dislike about the band is, to me the whole "band" is only focused on Ben Burnley (the lead singer and rhythm guitar player) and only on him. First off, the band is named after him, WTF is that about I would be pissed off if I was a member of the band and the band name only represented the front man. I've read through most of your guys posted through out this thread and seen the only posts about individual members of the band only of Ben. Starting to get my point? I really hate bands like this. Complete slap in the face to the other members who get no spot light in the band.

The guitar scratches in every song kinda gets annoying, but as someone said its there style. If there gonna put out more stuff its gonna get really annoying. They usually go at it with the same style most of the time. Opening riff, little chicken picking, and a hell load of scratches.

After Saturate, basically every member besides Ben was replaced... To me I don't like this, because the new members are going to be covering songs that didn't write the riffs for or lyrics (if they helped out Ben..?) I don't know its just not right in my opinion.

The reason I know so much about Breaking Benjamin is because they are from my home town. Everyone here loves them and what pissed me off so much is that they don't know any more than the songs Diary of Jane, Breath, and Polyamorous. They are the only big thing from around here. When they come here now, its sold out before tickets go on sale. I seen BB at least 20 times now. I used to love them opening up when they were touring for there first CD that would have half there set Nirvana Covers.

For the bad news... rumor has it in our home town that this is Breaking Benjamin's last CD. Word wasn't "officially" released but thats what everyone is saying. Lets see what happens. I know a lot about Breaking Benjamin I just don't like the idea of the whole spot light being revolved around Ben.

Don't fall asleep reading my post :p
Titans4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #100
3rdActguitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans4Lyfe
After Saturate, basically every member besides Ben was replaced... To me I don't like this, because the new members are going to be covering songs that didn't write the riffs for or lyrics (if they helped out Ben..?) I don't know its just not right in my opinion.

They've only replaced one member, and that was the drummer. Aaron and Mark are still in the band.

And as for Phobia being their last album; why in the hell would they just stop making albums at the peek of their success? They all seem to get along fine now, so I think that those rumors are completly untrue

Click for free virus

Rate This Thread: