Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > 80s Rock, Shred & Progressive
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #81
Baroque_and_Rol
UG's Giant Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tapia
has anyone elses copy of his new live cd got the tracklisting all messed up?

yeah, I got the cd and the dvd and the track listing' different on both, which really sucks. good thing i listen to it on an ipod so i can set them right

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Baroque_and_Rol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #82
ollie09

i saw a preview yesterday on t.v. for the new fantastic 4. and i heard the title, rise of the silver surfer. now if u remember he's the dude that was on surfing with the alien cd. i wonder if satch we'll be in the movie?
ollie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #83
nextjoesatriani

Im so f u c k i n g proud of myself as i just finished perfecting flying in a blue dream and the mystical potato head groove thing. ive been struggling with these songs for about 8 months now and ive finally PERFECTED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nextjoesatriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #84
ollie09

great job! flying in the blue dream is really hard, are you doing it with the extended solo from G3 ending or just normal.
yea, mystical potato head is an awesomely fun song to play. the hand capo arpeggios that sound like a robot is extra impressive to do in front of people when showing off.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #85
hamacker
Nightchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextjoesatriani
Im so f u c k i n g proud of myself as i just finished perfecting flying in a blue dream and the mystical potato head groove thing. ive been struggling with these songs for about 8 months now and ive finally PERFECTED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you post a recording of it?

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
hamacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #86
si!
fan of the 10 minute solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextjoesatriani

you my friend, are a beast. that's righteous. i myself have been getting into playing some satriani, but can never seem to find the perfect tone, does anyone know a site where i could get the settings for some of his stuff?
si! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM   #87
ollie09

i would suggest u do that kind of thing by ear. i would also suggest you watch him play live. cuz i notice that he picks in differnt spots so that might make it a little more difficult to pick up.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #88
Baroque_and_Rol
UG's Giant Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie09
i saw a preview yesterday on t.v. for the new fantastic 4. and i heard the title, rise of the silver surfer. now if u remember he's the dude that was on surfing with the alien cd. i wonder if satch we'll be in the movie?

I was thinking the same thing when i saw that.
surfing with the alien has to be played at some point during that movie, even if its during the credits. Satch deserves the exposure.
p.s. Can someone tell me whats so good about Flying in a Blue dream. Its got like 3 awesome songs and the rest is terrible, or at least not my thing

Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 AM   #89
wasp2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroque_and_Rol
I was thinking the same thing when i saw that.
surfing with the alien has to be played at some point during that movie, even if its during the credits. Satch deserves the exposure.
p.s. Can someone tell me whats so good about Flying in a Blue dream. Its got like 3 awesome songs and the rest is terrible, or at least not my thing

Agreed (although who knows, the production quality might be too low for movie use), and agreed. Songs like Strange, Phone Call, I Believe, Bells of Lal etc...are just...blah. Flying, Mystical, Day at the Beach, One Big Rush, Back to Shalla-Bal, The Forgottens, and Into The Light are most of the only songs I like from that album. it's a very cheesy album.
wasp2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 AM   #90
bluespunkmetal
A very BIG member

My fav is still The Extremist for songs......

But on albums, I think listening to Strange Beautiful Music and Super Colossal was really fun !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
bluespunkmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #91
Baroque_and_Rol
UG's Giant Stepper

Engines of Creation is beyond amazing. anyone else think so?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #92
xtopher_aaron

I like how people are appreciating the Satch man..

hoorah for Satch Fans!!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #93
Baroque_and_Rol
UG's Giant Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron
I like how people are appreciating the Satch man..

hoorah for Satch Fans!!

how can you not apreciate him?

Old 03-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #94
bluespunkmetal
A very BIG member

Yeah.... even my emo loving friend loves his music..... and his bald headedness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
bluespunkmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #95
Scorzerci
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroque_and_Rol
how can you not apreciate him?

Meh, I'm not a very big fan of him. After I saw him in concert I just sort of got bored of him. Eric Johnson (who was opening for Satch when I saw him) was a lot more interesting in concert.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #96
tubab0y
old skool user.

see, i felt just the opposite way. though G3 is gonna be better than straight satch, he got boring after an hour and a half.

I am Michael!
tubab0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #97
xtopher_aaron

oh well.. some people like it and some dont i guess.. its one of those things were you either hate or love i guess.

but satch is way lovable to me man..
Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #98
si!
fan of the 10 minute solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron
oh well.. some people like it and some dont i guess.. its one of those things were you either hate or love i guess.

but satch is way lovable to me man..

Lawyers guns and money, the shit has hit the fan
- Warren Zevon
si! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #99
icronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubab0y
see, i felt just the opposite way. though G3 is gonna be better than straight satch, he got boring after an hour and a half.

You know, I find with any music, unless you absolutely love who you're seeing anything more than an hour and a half concert is going to wear you out.

I've seen Satch twice, the first time he played two hour and a half sets, and damn was it good. There was a point that it all started sounding the same, but the funny thing is 5 minutes later I realized that I really didn't care, I just wanted him to keep playing.

The second time was with Eric Johnson on the Super Colossal tour. Damn. The live DVD/cd thing was great, but his performance in Vancouver was nothing short of amazing, must have been the cameras.

I've got to say I love Super Colossal, it's like the least technically impressive yet most melodic cd he's got. As a matter of fact just for fun I've been copying over the tab book to guitar pro and I figure I'll try to learn just about all the songs there. Gotta find someone to do some drums and bass for me though.

I'm hoping he makes his way through town again soon though, it's the only "good" music I've manage to get my girlfriend to listen to so far (unless Nelly Fellatio... err Fertado, counts as good?)

edit: there, her name is now spelt correctly, not that it deserves to be. Does that make you happy?

Last edited by icronic : 03-06-2007 at 01:52 PM.
icronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #100
Scorzerci
UG Addict

*Furtado

Rate This Thread: