Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Bands & Artists Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
hepzibahbaptist
Soupy

Kris Sobanski

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...8e-8bd5defb0d19
This guy was actually better than I thought he would be. He's got a very nice melody. And hes not very sloppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
hepzibahbaptist
Soupy

No problem man, I'm your friend Soupy on myspace. Your gonna have to promote my band once we get some songs up. jk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Kris_man

You have a cool name Kris. But why do you use a solid state amp??

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepzibahbaptist
And hes not very sloppy.

Well, I don't know what's your definition of sloppy, but I think he still has a long way to go to get his technique clean.

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.” -Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 02-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
splice
crank that jessie jackson

i agree with you kris. though playing shred music requires alot of technical ability, the music is always more important than the ability of its player. (as long as its not too[I] sloppy)
Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
eviledge87
The Wanker Banker

kris your music is pretty sweet, i might have to buy a copy of your cd after it's released. All the songs i got off myspace are great. I gotta say im pretty surprised to see you in the forums, i don't mean im surprised to find a thread about you, im surprised you read them, although i can't say why.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Old 02-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Yespleasevicar

Its ok, dosent exactly sound fresh though. If you made this music 20 years ago it wouldnt be anything new. Thats not to say it isnt good, just uninspired. Great technique tho man
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #8
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kount Kris
Someone once told me that trying to be perfectly clean sometimes could take a way from a song. Being a little bit sloppy sometimes in my opinion gives a guitarist flavor and emotion. If everyone tried to be perfectly clean everyone would sound relatively similar. For example, lets take Marty Friedman and Glen Drover from Megadeth. Even though Glen Drover could play note for note on perhaps one of the Friedman solos for Megadeth, it will never have the feel or the emotion that it would have if Friedman was playing it. If you listen to alot of Friedman solos either from Megadeth or Cacophony, you will here that he can be a bit sloppy, but I don't think it takes away from the music, but it adds a certain touch that makes it feel human. This is clearly my opinion though. I don't want to try to start an arguement.

I completely disagree. There are so many things that can set a guitarist apart while being very clean. And I'm not going to repeat the whole emotion thing again

As long as you're not saying one shouldn't strive to be as clean as possible in their playing.

But yeah, Kris, I have to say I'm not a very big fan of your stuff. Judging from what's on your myspace, it sounds like something Shrapnel would've brought out in the 90's. It's just the same old harmonies, the same old harmonic minor scales, the same old runs... It's not that it's you, it's just my general disdain for neoclassical stuff like this nowadays. It really lacks originality, in my opinion.

Play some fusion, now that'd be interesting!

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
Godly Moose
Please stop banning me :[

Location: What happens when you combine diminished and augmented chords? You get demented chords!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiliance
Play some fusion, now that'd be interesting!

My thumbs are up for this idea.
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BRO FIST
Old 02-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Caressing Death
Virtuoso in training

Hey Kris! Damn you're good! I've just been listening to your stuff on myspace and i really like... Any chance I could PM you some questions?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Old 02-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole

The music doesn't really stand out.

I have the same old gripe as I do with most neo-classical guitarists. It lacks my two favorite things from the baroque and classical era, counterpoint and dynamics!

You've potential though. You could go places if/when your writing matures.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #12
Erich yeung
UG's China Man

Cool stuff man, I think its pretty good, I;m a sucker for that stuff anyways , anywaysb just wonderin what you use to record with and how you do it, thanks

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Old 02-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #13
The Casualty
Banned

I like it, it's good good melody, and not too... "Wanky."

For me anyway.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

Any reaction to the responses that aren't so praising?

Click.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

Quote:
Hey man, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your guys critique. I'm actually going to be doing some fusion on my secound album. I plan on having songs from many different genres including Metal, Progressive, Alternative, Ska, Classical, Blues, and many different blends.

It's okay, but I thought maybe you were one of those guys that just ignore negative comments and carry on as usual, thinking they're the greatest thing that ever graced this planet. Quite a lot of those around, unfortunately.

Quote:
What many people don't see is that I don't try to be technical, and I don't run up and down scales in my songs. I feel that holding a good melody with the emotion is alot more important than being technical.

Haha, you needn't worry about that in this particular subforum. We (by which I mean the regulars) have all participated in plenty of standoffs between ignorant fools (speed=no em0ti0n!!!) before eventually learning to ignore their crap.

And of course, what you say is true, even though I'm not going to rake up my stance that emotion is in the listener, not in the music and that therefore music can't be emotional or unemotional, just be found as such.

Crap, guess I did rake it up But it's not the meaning of this post to talk about that, I get what you're saying, and yes, of course.

I will be awaiting your forays into jazzland.

Click.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #16
shredcrazed

Well well lookie here Kris has his own thread and didn't invite me

Anyone who likes Kris's stuff should check out our band Selerity

When Kris and I start writing stuff together theres no telling whats gonna happen

Last edited by shredcrazed : 02-13-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #17
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

I do hope you both will actually contribute to the forum as well, instead of just advertising your stuff... ?

Click.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
shredcrazed

Quote:
I do hope you both will actually contribute to the forum as well, instead of just advertising your stuff... ?

Well I just needed to rejoin since its been forever since I was on here.

That aside its still relevant to the thread for me to tell people about the band cause last time I checked the thread was titled "Kris Sobanski" and Kris Sobanski is in Selerity with me. So its not just MY stuff, if you aren't interested then don't click it!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
Resiliance
Acta est fabula

No need to get angry, just asking, as we're not open to freeloaders

Click.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #20
shredcrazed

I'll post something useful eventually. For now I'm busy slaving away learning Kris's music and writing new stuff so we can go out and start cuttin' heads soon.

Rate This Thread: