Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

LOST the (official?) thread

So yes, we've all wasted a lot of time in front of the TV watching Lost. Searching for any reference to the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42, for those of you that don't know), making connections between flashbacks, wondering who the hell are the Others what is the Dharma Initiative.

I'm not going to start this off with a big spiel or anything, but I will start it off with this:

During "Not In Portland" (2 weeks ago), we see the brainwashing of Carl (Alex's boyfriend). The brainwashing is very similar to A Clockwork Orange (which I've not read, so info on that would be good). When that scene is played backwards we hear some interesting things.

See for yourself

This is the kind of thing that makes me love Lost.

Discuss!
DorkusMalorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
gallagher2006
UG Addict

I love this show. SOme great things to watch out for on the background too.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman

Had to get that out of the way.

I lost.

So charlie is going to die eh
Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher2006
I love this show. SOme great things to watch out for on the background too.

Speaking of that:

During last wednesday's episode (the Desmond one), there are a lot of things to be seen in the background of the soccer games. There is an Apollo Bar ad (These candy bars were in the hatch, and were also on the bus that killed Juliette's ex-husband), The Hanso Foundation ad, and I believe a Widmore Corporation ad (Widmore is the company that Penelope's (Desmond's girlfriend) dad owns).
Old 02-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
gangsta4life
UG Newbie

It seems as though "only fools are enslaved by time and space"

I love this show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
gangsta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fronkpies

Since when do the writers of Lost tell us something is going to happen that actually happens?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
str84ever
Banned

Hey can you tell me whats happening because it used to be on channel 4 in N ireland until it was moved to Sky 1. Whats happening in season 3?
str84ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkusMalorkus
Since when do the writers of Lost tell us something is going to happen that actually happens?

True.

I hate the way the others make out like there all holy, when they blast techno at someone with they eyes wired open

I hope sayid rescues jack.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
penis rash

oh on lost there a video on youtube that explains the numbers to an extent here's link:
penis rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman

Yer the valenzetti equation.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str84ever
Hey can you tell me whats happening because it used to be on channel 4 in N ireland until it was moved to Sky 1. Whats happening in season 3?

We've learned a lot more about the Others. They have their own nice little houses (a neighborhood even) and book clubs. But then the plane crashed and they sprung into action. Ethan and another guy (whose name escapes me) were sent to go find survivors and make lists. They were sent by Benry (Remember Henry Gale? His real name is Benjamin, a lot of Lost fans call him Benry), he seems to be their leader. Some of the others seem to be held on the island against their will (Juliette). Jack was captured so that he could operate on Benry's spinal tumors, Kate and Sawyer were kept as some experiments, but also as leverage to make Jack operate on Benry. Kate and Sawyer have escaped from the others thanks to Jack.
Quote:
True.

I hate the way the others make out like there all holy, when they blast techno at someone with they eyes wired open

I hope sayid rescues jack.

Remember the quote that said "God loves you as he loved Jacob"? We think the name Jacob has more significance than one might think. Earlier this season, someone said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list." I think that list is the one that haid Kate, Sawyer, Hurely and Jack on it (Benry may have added Jack so he could operate on him). I really don't know who Jacob is though. Maybe the guy with the eyepatch.

Last edited by DorkusMalorkus : 02-17-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
_Mayday_
Banned

Fronk, how did I know you were going to post that picture?

Any excuse.
_Mayday_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #13
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman

Quote:
We've learned a lot more about the Others. They have their own nice little houses (a neighborhood even) and book clubs. But then the plane crashed and they sprung into action. Ethan and another guy (whose name escapes me) were sent to go find survivors and make lists. They were sent by Benry (Remember Henry Gale? His real name is Benjamin, a lot of Lost fans call him Benry), he seems to be their leader. Some of the others seem to be held on the island against their will (Juliette). Jack was captured so that he could operate on Benry's spinal tumors, Kate and Sawyer were kept as some experiments, but also as leverage to make Jack operate on Benry. Kate and Sawyer have escaped from the others thanks to Jack.
Remember the quote that said "God loves you as he loved Jacob"? We think the name Jacob has more significance than one might think. Earlier this season, someone said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list." I think that list is the one that haid Kate, Sawyer, Hurely and Jack on it (Benry may have added Jack so he could operate on him). I really don't know who Jacob is though. Maybe the guy with the eyepatch.

Are you part of some kind of lost forums?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #14
Whatley2212
ZORRRAKKKK!

Quote:

Had to get that out of the way.

I lost.

I love you fronkpies.
Whatley2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #15
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.

Quote:
Are you part of some kind of lost forums?

It might seem like it because how I use the word "we," but I'm not really. I've gone to a few, but I've never posted. Only read. I get all my info from one of my TV-addicted friends. She takes notes on Lost. She's a bit of a freak.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #16
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet

Quote:

Omg, I love you Dorkus. I'll watch it now.

And there was a thread awhile ago with me and Logz talking about it, but it died...
Leonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #17
str84ever
Banned

Quote:

thanks
str84ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #18
Mistress_Ibanez

Gahhhhhhhhh at 1st post I hate backmasking so much..... creepy as fook but yeah I was gonna ask about what happend since the middle of series 2 as well because it went over to sky and before that i just stopped watching. Will we EVER find out about the numbers?
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Will we EVER find out about the numbers?

The writers/producers/whatever said that it's just something they can't explain and there isn't a main reason about why the numbers are so supernatural.
Leonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #20
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatley2212
I love you fronkpies.

We both love Evangeline.

Rate This Thread: