Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
DarkF1ame777

EMG S S 81 Question

hehey guys greetings i hope you had a wonderful day, i am going to buy the emg s s 81 pickups set, the one for the strats that is a humbucker and 2 single coil, the guitar i have isn't your average fender strat, i have a peavey raptor (cheap 100 something dollar guitar, going to put a lot of money on it to turn it into a true babe) and it only has a volume control and a tone control, not 3, i noticed that the pickups come with 3 controls, is it going to make the installation more difficult? something i should keep in mind? will it still work? if you guys could tell me what to do with it i would be so thankful. Thanks everyone
DarkF1ame777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
Roc8995

With the new solderless system you should be able to plug and play with one tone.

It's certainly not going to cause any issues, it will definitely work just fine with one tone knob instead of two. I bet it's covered in the manual that comes with the set.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
DarkF1ame777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
With the new solderless system you should be able to plug and play with one tone.

It's certainly not going to cause any issues, it will definitely work just fine with one tone knob instead of two. I bet it's covered in the manual that comes with the set.

thanks a lot dude, really appreciate it
DarkF1ame777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: