Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
caminton

US Heavily modding a LP, any help? (Piezo, Bigsby, new pots and switch, etc.)

So I'm fairly new (ok, extremely new!) to guitar modding. I have a 2013 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro with BurstBucker 1 (neck) and 2 (bridge). I'm absolutely in LOVE with this guitar, but I'm wanting to add to the sound. I have a lot of "planned" add-ons, but I don't understand anything about wiring or things like that. A lot of my questions have probably been answered before, so please bear with me. I'm going to list my add-ons, and any questions that I have for each.

Bigsby B7 w/ Vibramte V7: This one is self explanatory and I don't have any questions about it.

Graphtech Ghost Piezo Bridge and Acousti-Phonic preamp: This is where I have problems. I want to have my controls set up like this: 2 push-pull volume pots for the original magnetic pickups for coil tapping (just like it is now), a third push-pull volume pot for the piezo that also functions as an on-off switch (pot down, piezo on. pot up, piezo off), and a tone pot. Is this possible? I've looked at many wiring diagrams (none that I've understood, I'm terrible with this stuff) and while some of them get very close, none of them leave off the switch of the guitar for the piezo. They all have the piezo wired to the switch so that you get piezo/both/magnetic on the switch, and I don't want that at all.

Also, where would the preamp board go on the guitar?

DiMarzio John Petrucci Signature Pickups: These would be added on in place of my BurstBuckers. No real questions about these other than the ones mentioned above.

I can post a few of the diagrams that are close, but other than that, can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.
caminton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
caminton

Quote:
I want to have my controls set up like this: 2 push-pull volume pots for the original magnetic pickups for coil tapping (just like it is now), a third push-pull volume pot for the piezo that also functions as an on-off switch (pot down, piezo on. pot up, piezo off), and a tone pot. Is this possible?

Could this be a starting point?
http://graphtech.com/docs/default-d...ll.pdf?sfvrsn=2
caminton is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: