Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-09-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
Bill43
I like it here

[mp3] Back Track

First, I would like to say this track is by no means a professional recording. I took maybe 20 minutes to play, record and mix this track. I'm not looking for critique.

But I will tell you what I, and hopefully you, are looking for.

CLICK THIS to go to Soundclick or THIS to go to DMusic and either download or stream this track. It has one of my 12 strings, my Schecter C1-XXX and my Patriot Standard playing in this. The electrics do have a few effects and the ending with the 12 string has a slight echo with a little phase shifter in it.

It needs a drummer, bassist, lead, maybe a little extra rhytym track... piano, organ... any instrument that you would like to add to it. Anyone care to add a vocal track to it *cough* arienette *cough* I don't care what the lyrics are... and if you need some... I have a few sitting around here somewhere.

I don't care what you play along with it... how you record it... how good or how bad you think you are. All that I ask is to give me a place to download your added tracks in at least 128k MP3 format. I'll do the mixing and put it up as a new link here.

Please do not do any post processing to your tracks. If it can be heard then I'll set the levels myself. As far as effects go... the sky's the limit. Feel free to keep your own mix if you want to. I'm not trying to say you can't... just that I want just the single track of each instrument you want to add to the "song".

*edit* I almost forgot... Its set at a simple and slow 85BPM and the chords are G, D, Am, and C

*new edit* the link above has been replaced with Back Track # 2

*latest edit* New links to my music sites for final mixes and the DMusic one has an older version of it still on there.

Last edited by Bill43 : 02-28-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Bill43
I like it here

This is not a bump... I just want to know if anyone is interested in trying this out. Feedback on this idea is welcome.

Like I said before... I don't care if you sound like crap... just give it a shot and we'll all see what comes out of this.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-09-2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Slurgi
Lazy Perfectionist

If i wasnt busy tonight, i'd try something

Oh and good lord turn the distortion and volume down on that lead guitar. It hurts the **** outa my ears

Last edited by Slurgi : 09-09-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #4
arienette
gal som en skje! :)

That sounds pretty good, but I agree with Slurgi about the distortion being slightly too high... mind you, with some bass and drums and whatnot it might sound alright...

I'd love to have a go at doing some vocals or maybe a bit of piano or something, but at the moment I've got the most bloody awful cold and I'm sneezing and coughing all over the place . But I'll definitely have a go when I'm feeling a bit better...

Old 09-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #5
Bloopers
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by arienette
That sounds pretty good, but I agree with Slurgi about the distortion being slightly too high... mind you, with some bass and drums and whatnot it might sound alright...

I'd love to have a go at doing some vocals or maybe a bit of piano or something, but at the moment I've got the most bloody awful cold and I'm sneezing and coughing all over the place . But I'll definitely have a go when I'm feeling a bit better...

I'd love you to have you over one night

Nice song mate! I would do something, maybe I'll plug my guitar in tomorrow when I''m awake and try somethings out.

Last edited by Bloopers : 09-09-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #6
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Slurgi
If i wasnt busy tonight, i'd try something

Oh and good lord turn the distortion and volume down on that lead guitar. It hurts the **** outa my ears

There is no lead guitar in there... its all rhythm. I want others to record a track to it and I'll download that track and mix it in with the track that hurt your ears.

FWIW... I have no idea what you're listening to them from, but I mixed it through a rather high end (made especially for digital recording) sound card and played the final mixdown through a 1200 watt per channel power amp into 4 big assed JBL's.... I had it cranked up fairly well at the time... didn't hurt me at all.

I like the 12 string start and end, but that part right before the ending seemed to abrupt... from the period before the 12 string to when I brought it back in. I'm thinking of remixing it.... the song will remain the same (not in a Led Zepplin sense)... chords, BPM, everything about it will remain... just a few tweaks.

Regardless, if gives everyone who wants to try it... a chance to do so... without waiting for me to remix it.

Who knows... maybe I'll do a special mix for you Slurgi... I don't know what you have against distortion (its a Mesa's) but I could throw it through a Fender to tame it down a bit... special... just for you!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:44 PM   #7
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by arienette

With your vocals and your piano... I'll leave this here 'til hell freezes over. If you don't mind... I would like to get separate tracks of the piano and vocals. Sing any lyrics you have to it... just try and match them to the song (for what it is meant to be at least)... I just hope it's in your range.... God that voice of yours is just so beautiful... you've got a gift.

FWIW... when the other instruments are mixed in... the distorted guitar(s) wont be as pronounced.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:50 PM   #8
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloopers
I'd love you to have you over one night

Nice song mate! I would do something, maybe I'll plug my guitar in tomorrow when I''m awake and try somethings out.

There ya go... See what I mean! If we all throw a little in here and there, this thing could kick some major butt.

Time isn't a problem. I don't expect everyone to stop everything and record a track just for me. Whenever you have the time is just fine.

Do anything you please, but just make sure to give me a link to a separate track of your instrument being played all by itself. If you want to do more than one instrument... or track, please keep them separate. I'll mix the whole thing and we'll just have a nice little UG "Jam".
Old 09-10-2003, 07:08 AM   #9
turinbrakes
teehee

hey thats cool man, ill download it first thing, if its good ill record a nice solo over it
Old 09-10-2003, 08:22 AM   #10
turinbrakes
teehee

im sorry to say but i didnt like it

distortion was a bit too heavy i guess
Old 09-10-2003, 11:25 AM   #11
Bill43
I like it here

Okay... is it the distortion in and of itself, or the levels of volume? I can change either rather easily. If you think I'm driving the electics too hard, then I can trim the levels to any point imaginable... if its only the distortion, then I'll change it to something a lot lighter. If you like...; the 12 string is played through the majority of this. Would you like the 12 string only? I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass... I'm just asking what does everyone want.

Let me know.... but don't let it stop you from trying to add to it. Again... to the point of redundancy... the backing song will remain the same. The distortion, effects, levels, guitars and whatever else can be changed in just a few minutes.

FWIW... I've already added a nice bit of violins (synth, but its hard to tell they're synthesized) to portions of it and it sounds damned good so far. I've edited the part from before the 12 string comes back in for the ending.... blends much more smoothly now.... not abrupt at all anymore.

*edit* None of the "new" stuff is available for download. I'll wait until everyone tells me what they want done to the guitars.

Last edited by Bill43 : 09-10-2003 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:57 PM   #12
Slurgi
Lazy Perfectionist

Well, I do have a thing against distortion a bit. I just dont like how it sounds, it just isnt pleasant to me...

But i can usually deal with it, i think your levels are just too high...
Old 09-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #13
Bill43
I like it here

New sounds!

Try these on for size!

DEAD LINK to download Back Track # 2 with lower levels on the distorted guitars.

Back Track # 3's link is now dead.

It really doesn't matter to me which one you like. As you can see... its all easily changed to whatever I need them to be. Now anyone with analog recording equipment can see the difference between the ease of digital over analog.

*edit* I went ahead and added the violins to Back Track # 2. I have them added to Back Track # 3 also, but I haven't put that one up yet. On # 3, they're in the same place... so you can get an idea of what they would sound like from # 2.

*edit* I've deleted Back Track # 2 & 3's link... its dead!

Last edited by Bill43 : 10-22-2003 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #14
Bill43
I like it here

Well? Anyone?
I did what was asked and lowered the levels on the distortion. I still have the original of that one if you don't like the synth violins.

I even did a 3rd one. Although there seems to be a few "sputters" in the downloaded MP3 ???? It's clean as a whistle on my computer, so it must be something in either my upload of it or the download of it... I don't know. BTW... yes I do download them... to test them to make sure my link is good and to see what they sound like after all of the file movement.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

I'd do something, but I wouldn't know what to do and I'm not good at all
Old 09-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #16
turinbrakes
teehee

i like this one better bob, ill give it a try tonight
Old 09-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #17
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by ohdarn323
I'd do something, but I wouldn't know what to do and I'm not good at all

If you look at my first post on the thread... It doesn't matter how good or bad you are. If you want to try and add to it... please do.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:06 PM   #18
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by turinbrakes
i like this one better bob, ill give it a try tonight.

Hahahaha... My name is Bill... good one. Not that it matters though. Bob... Bill.... its all good.

Anyway... which one was it? BT2 or BT3? That way I'll know what to mix your tracks with.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:14 PM   #19
turinbrakes
teehee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill43
Hahahaha... My name is Bill... good one. Not that it matters though. Bob... Bill.... its all good.

Anyway... which one was it? BT2 or BT3? That way I'll know what to mix your tracks with.

lmao did i say bob? lolllll sorry, well you know im gonna call you bob from now on lol haha

i chose BT2 bob
Old 09-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #20
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by turinbrakes
lmao did i say bob? lolllll sorry, well you know im gonna call you bob from now on lol haha
Its Bob... no... I mean Bill... damn... now I'm confused!
Quote:
i chose BT2 bob.

That was my favorite out of all 3 of them.

I'm starting to get a little excited about this now. This could turn out to be a very nice sounding song. Let's just hope arienette likes BT2 herself.

I have more things to mix into it, but I'm waiting to see what everyone else wants to do. I've put a synth brass section into it, but it didn't sit very well, so I dumped it. I have some nice bass tracks for it too, but I'm hoping someone here wants to do one themself. Time will tell.

Thanks for the input BurningTrikes... hahahahaha

Rate This Thread: