Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #21
turinbrakes
teehee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill43
BurningTrikes... hahahahaha

BurningTrikes, i like it, makes me sound all american
Old 09-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #22
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by turinbrakes
BurningTrikes, i like it, makes me sound all american.

Yep... I thought about trying TurkeySteaks, but I liked BurningTrikes better.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:03 PM   #23
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Yep... I thought about trying TurkeySteaks, but I liked BurningTrikes better.

lol

maybe ill record something onto it tonight, but doubtfully...my mic is having trouble
Old 09-11-2003, 08:17 PM   #24
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by ohdarn323
maybe ill record something onto it tonight, but doubtfully...my mic is having trouble

Can't you plug your guitar directly into your computer?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #25
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Can't you plug your guitar directly into your computer?

yes, but it sounds like crap....even the clean sounds bad, and the cool edit effects are pretty bad. i could give it a whirl, but dont expect much....

....unless you know some stuff to do that would enhance the sound
Old 09-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #26
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
yes, but it sounds like crap....even the clean sounds bad, and the cool edit effects are pretty bad. i could give it a whirl, but dont expect much, unless you know some stuff to do that would enhance the sound

Do you have any other recording software? For direct recording, I've found soundforge to be indispensable. You can record clean and throw all sorts of filters and whatnot at it. Cubase is extremely good at doing the same thing. You can cut undesirable frequencies, boost others... look around on your computer... hell I even use a cheap assed wave editor from Creative Labs for some of my work... just because its simple and quick.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:40 PM   #27
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Do you have any other recording software? For direct recording, I've found soundforge to be indispensable. You can record clean and throw all sorts of filters and whatnot at it. Cubase is extremely good at doing the same thing. You can cut undesirable frequencies, boost others... look around on your computer... hell I even use a cheap assed wave editor from Creative Labs for some of my work... just because its simple and quick.

ill check around tonight, but i cant promise anything. even if i could record, i wouldnt know what to do, but ill give it a try. best bets saturday...
Old 09-11-2003, 10:56 PM   #28
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
ill check around tonight, but i cant promise anything. even if i could record, i wouldnt know what to do, but ill give it a try. best bets saturday...

It should still be here Saturday... unless a mod pulls it for some unknown reason.... that would be almost the only way this thread would die... other than no one wanting to try and add to the song.

In the first post of the thread, I gave you the chords... go with that and build anything you want out of it. Post me a link to where I can get your recording and I'll mix it in and let everyone hear it. Everybody can play... everyone can decide if a track stays or goes.

Now if we could only get a drummer and a bass player... arienette has promised piano and vocals... I can do some mean harmony! Anyone else good at backing vocals?
Old 09-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #29
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
It should still be here Saturday... unless a mod pulls it for some unknown reason.... that would be almost the only way this thread would die... other than no one wanting to try and add to the song.

In the first post of the thread, I gave you the chords... go with that and build anything you want out of it. Post me a link to where I can get your recording and I'll mix it in and let everyone hear it. Everybody can play... everyone can decide if a track stays or goes.

Now if we could only get a drummer and a bass player... arienette has promised piano and vocals... I can do some mean harmony! Anyone else good at backing vocals?

*raises hand, contemplates and processes the question, then quickly lowers hand*

id play bass if i had one....but......i dont, lol, so screw that...

what i need is a metronome (i can borrow one) and some talent....which is a little harder to borrow. if a mod does delete this or sommat, make sure to keep a copy of the file....

Old 09-12-2003, 09:57 PM   #30
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
*raises hand, contemplates and processes the question, then quickly lowers hand*

Why not try... if arienette is doing a lead vocal... then why not get in the song with harmony. I'm going to give the harmony a shot myself. Hell... this isn't like we're under contract with Sony or something... Its just for fun. A little improvised jam session for anyone who wants to have a go at it.

Quote:
what i need is a metronome (i can borrow one) and some talent....which is a little harder to borrow. if a mod does delete this or sommat, make sure to keep a copy of the file....

I don't see any mod deletion coming... I mean why would the mods even care. Its on topic and posted in the right forum... so there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as the talent goes... you're good enough to jam with me. Go for it and have some fun.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:00 PM   #31
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:

Why not try... if arienette is doing a lead vocal... then why not get in the song with harmony. I'm going to give the harmony a shot myself. Hell... this isn't like we're under contract with Sony or something... Its just for fun. A little improvised jam session for anyone who wants to have a go at it.

I don't see any mod deletion coming... I mean why would the mods even care. Its on topic and posted in the right forum... so there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as the talent goes... you're good enough to jam with me. Go for it and have some fun.

ummmm....harmony. ummm....yeahhhhh.....

what do you mean?
Old 09-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #32
Bill43
I like it here

Singing along with arienette in certain portions of her vocals in another key.

You could also thry harmonizing with the sythesized violins in the start and end of Back Track # 2.... I think that would sound pretty good.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:03 AM   #33
Dromar
im sorry

ok, so ive come to the conclusion that the verses of the song are played by distorted guitar which plays the intro riff. and the choruses include the 12 string with the 2 disto guitars playing the G,D,Am,C progression. i go sleep now.

Last edited by Dromar : 09-13-2003 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:32 AM   #34
turinbrakes
teehee

Quote:
Originally posted by Dromar
ok, so ive come to the conclusion that the verses of the song are played by distorted guitar which plays the intro riff. and the choruses include the 12 string with the 2 disto guitars playing the G,D,Am,C progression. i go sleep now.

if you actually read through his posts, you could actually read that in stead off figuring out yourself
Old 09-13-2003, 07:21 AM   #35
atee
Zang.

hey i'm interested. guitar. maybe a few leads here and there, but i'm not really that good haha.

so we just record something and put it ...where?
Old 09-13-2003, 09:37 AM   #36
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Originally posted by atee
hey i'm interested. guitar. maybe a few leads here and there, but i'm not really that good haha.

so we just record something and put it ...where?

you upload it and post it here, i guess....

bill...yeah, thats what i thought you meant. ill give it a whirl or sommat...ill have to wait until lucy records...
Old 09-13-2003, 10:35 AM   #37
Dromar
im sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by turinbrakes
if you actually read through his posts, you could actually read that in stead off figuring out yourself

and what? i'm supposed to feel down about myself because of that? o i guess i better go hide in the corner and cry..
Old 09-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #38
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
and what? i'm supposed to feel down about myself because of that? o i guess i better go hide in the corner and cry..

dude, you dont need to get all defensive...tim wasnt calling you an idiot, and he didnt even use the smiley....
Old 09-13-2003, 03:06 PM   #39
Dromar
im sorry

meh...its been a busy day, and i wont have time to record the bass track today i think, cuz its 3:00 at the moment and my sister is going to sleep at 8 o clock, so, factor dinner and this movie i have to watch into that = no bass playing today
Old 09-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #40
turinbrakes
teehee

Quote:

a bit ****y eh?

i dunno if you know this saying in english but i guess you're one of those persons that dont care that they waste time with "reinventing the wheel"

ah well, it wasnt even meant sarcastic you know..

as for the back track, i jammed along a bit with it and i cant seem to find the right scale for it, i wanna go absolutely mad with it but somehow my scales dont seem to fit...any suggestions?

G D Am C

Last edited by turinbrakes : 09-13-2003 at 03:14 PM.

Rate This Thread: