Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #41
Slut
Can't Stop The Signal

Ill add drums...I can do good drums I just dont like complicated drums in my songs, thats why my drums in my songs are simple. And Im lazy.

Ill take some time on this though so it'll sound good, dont expect anything like my song...

Maybe if I see the need to Ill add some guitars to it, also I can add bass if you need it.

Ill get the 2nd one since it's the one you like.

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Old 09-13-2003, 04:09 PM   #42
ZsigE
UG Newbie

The GOOD NEWS from my point of view is that I managed to get a bass track done today. It goes with Backing Track 2, it's not too hissy, and as required it's at 85 bpm and based around the G-D-Am-C progression. It's now online at dmusic, and can be downloaded from this page.

The BAD NEWS is that, due to the limitations of my computer and amp, I couldn't play along to the backing track itself, so instead I used an 85 bpm drum track. This means that the two tracks aren't always exactly in sync (although a little tweaking would probably sort that) and, rather worse, the verses really don't work too well. It's not a total disaster, as it could probably be a lot better with some extra instruments (synth pads, perhaps) sticking rigidly to the chords, or just with the bass level turned down on these bits. The choruses sound pretty good, though.

Make of it what you will, and feel free to chop it around, add effects (it has none on it at the moment, mainly because I was pretty sick of the thing after I'd finally played it once through without mistakes) or wantonly ignore it. I'm fine with any...

EDIT: I forgot to mention the rather important fact that the bass track is synchronised so that the first note should play just as the distorted rhythm guitar starts strumming. It might sound OK playing along to the intro, but then it would end far too short.

Which, even after the latest test in June, doesn't work.

Last edited by ZsigE : 09-14-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #43
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelOfLust
Ill add drums...I can do good drums I just dont like complicated drums in my songs, thats why my drums in my songs are simple. And Im lazy.

Ill take some time on this though so it'll sound good, dont expect anything like my song...

Maybe if I see the need to Ill add some guitars to it, also I can add bass if you need it.

Ill get the 2nd one since it's the one you like.

As long as you give me a link to each recorded instrument in a separate track... go for it! BTW... thanks... We've all been looking for a drummer, but you can add any and every instrument you want to.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:30 PM   #44
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by ZsigE
The GOOD NEWS from my point of view is that I managed to get a bass track done today.

Not a problem... I'll mix it in and post a link here as soon as I can. FWIW, The wife and I are having a few friends over tonight... so it may be a few days before I get a link with the bass line mixed in it.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #45
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Dromar
meh...its been a busy day, and i wont have time to record the bass track today i think, cuz its 3:00 at the moment and my sister is going to sleep at 8 o clock, so, factor dinner and this movie i have to watch into that = no bass playing today

Anytime you have the time to do it is fine. Everyone can have a go at this and I'll post a link to everyone's own "special" mix.

So... take your time... there's no rush... no deadline. When you get to it... you'll get to it.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2003, 07:25 PM   #46
merlin_127
UG's piece of corn

Holy ****, what an awesome idea bill.

I can contribute some bass if it's needed.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:28 AM   #47
SV300
Ex-Floydoylogist Mod

If you've got a place, I'll let rip on a little lead playing for this.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:29 PM   #48
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by merlin_127
Holy ****, what an awesome idea bill.

I can contribute some bass if it's needed.

Go for it. Anyone can have a shot at this song and everyone will get to hear the mix with themselves playing along... and I mean every single person who wants to try this will get a mix with themselves playing along.... unless you've requested that I keep it private. I've already had a couple of people ask me to keep their tracks between the 2 of us... so, I'll honor their requests. If that's what they want... then I have to keep my word to them.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #49
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by SV300
If you've got a place, I'll let rip on a little lead playing for this.

You bet. There's room for everyone. I'll just keep on mixing until my computers explode!

Seriously though... read my post above and you'll get the general idea.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #50
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by ZsigE
The GOOD NEWS from my point of view is that I managed to get a bass track done today. It goes with Backing Track 2, it's not too hissy, and as required it's at 85 bpm and based around the G-D-Am-C progression.

Here's the link to BT_BASS.MP3. Its ZsigE's bass line added to BT2.MP3. I had to cut it up a bit and add and subtract thousandths of milliseconds here and there to get it to mix close to the correct timing. FWIW.... my computer showed your track as being 86.6378 BPM.... so I had to do quite a bit of work on it. I changed a few notes here and there (but its still you and your bass, I just cut and pasted the changed notes) and... well... you'll hear the differences. I'm not too happy with the timing differences, and the way that I worked them out (one of our metronomes is out by a bit), but I got it fairly close. There's a few missed beats here and there, but I got tired of working on it.... so... without further delay...

We proudly present...

DEAD LINK

Sorry, but I nedded the space and you've already downloaded it.
If anyone hasn't heard this, or they still want to hear it.... drop me either a PM or post in here and I can put it back up in a few minutes.

Last edited by Bill43 : 09-15-2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:32 PM   #51
RainDog
Thrash Jazz Assassin

Well, i just made a little keyboard thing that follows the chord progression. It can go over the clean or distorted parts.
I just put i one loop of it.
right click save
Old 09-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #52
Silenced
Child of the Grave

Can you throw in this on the intro??? I think it sounds pretty cool for a third improvised take.

(just the intro has added lead, so don't bother listening to the whole song)
http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/k...rothemeidea.mp3

Last edited by Silenced : 09-14-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:11 PM   #53
Bill43
I like it here

Here's 2 new intro's to this track

We proudly present...
A Dead Link # 1
Lead Guitar played by Silenced.

Needed the space, plus its still in the newest mix.

AND

We proudly present...

Dead Link # 2
Raindog's intro.. same as the other. Still in the newest mix and I needed the space.

Of the 2 new intro's, I like Intro # 2 the best.... the beuatifully and softly played keyboards by Raindog... almost pastoral... then WHAM... you're hit with that phenominal lead by Silenced.

Great job's guys... I'm very impressed! Please.... SEND ME MORE! (that's not yelling... that's begging)

Regardless of my incessant begging.... I need input on all of the "new" mixed and semi-mixed tracks.

Everyone can still participate, just start recording people! (Of course I do mean when you actually have the time).

Thanks! This song is going to rock... I love what I'm hearing from everyone so far!

*edit* sorry, but I need the space to host new mixes. If someone still needs any of these, just ask and I'll get them back up ASAP.

Last edited by Bill43 : 09-17-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:18 PM   #54
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

^ w00t i like it a lot....cant wait for the "finished" product. i dunno what i could do to contribute, if i think of something ill do it
Old 09-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #55
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Silenced
Can you throw in this on the intro??? I think it sounds pretty cool for a third improvised take.

I'm glad I downloaded it before the link went dead. I know it'll stay in my personal mix!

Anyway... I LOVED IT!!!! Great touch. I still am having trouble with you getting it so good on the 3rd take, but I'll get over it.

Can I ask you a favor? I don't mind that you decided to mix it yourself and keep the underlying rhythm track, but could you post me a link to that lead and any future tracks that are just yourself... no backing track in them. It makes it so much easier to mix and set the levels. I would have loved to pan that lead between left and right channels... even if only slightly... for the effect.... like you were walking across the stage and the sound of your guitar was following you.

BTW... don't you just love the tones you can get from the GNX? I know I do. One of the best investments I've ever made.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:23 PM   #56
Silenced
Child of the Grave

Cool, Im glad you liked it Bill, I remember when I heard your Funk thing, and I thought that was amazing, so it really means something to have a compliment from you. When I don't have so much homework, I will sit down, and definitely throw in a small, with the same style, yet different lead to the ending. ANd maybe I'll try to throw in another lil solo to the heavy part, if I can find a good scale for it. I liked the thing Raindog did too!!! Man, this is going to be awesome, maybe we should make like a huge UGer's band, and come up with like a new song once a year, to see everyone's progress, etc.... that would rock.

EDIT: I was replying to your first, longer post Bill, and then I saw the next. Well, I was thinking you needed me just by myself, but I tried to get just my track, out of the mix, and I mixed it down as an mp3, and it came out very slow, and messed up, but how do I go about taking only my part out of it in Cool Edit Pro??? Like when I select it by dragging, it selects both tracks, soooo....I will definitely re-record it, and any other parts, and send them just like that, but with the back track as well, so that you know what I was aiming for with the rhythm behind it.

P.S. I love my GNX!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Silenced : 09-14-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 AM   #57
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Silenced
Cool, Im glad you liked it Bill, I remember when I heard your Funk thing, and I thought that was amazing, so it really means something to have a compliment from you.

Wow... thanks! Would you like to know something? When you play as clean as you did on that intro, you really don't need my compliments, but I do appreciate your's as well. Your playing is the compliment. Damn that was nice!
Quote:

When I don't have so much homework, I will sit down, and definitely throw in a small, with the same style, yet different lead to the ending. ANd maybe I'll try to throw in another lil solo to the heavy part, if I can find a good scale for it.

It'll come to you. You'll just be sitting there twiddling around on your guitar and it will just hit you... slap ya right upside the head..and the most beautiful sounds you've ever heard will breathe new life from your guitar! I know... I've been there myself.
Quote:
I liked the thing Raindog did too!!! Man, this is going to be awesome, maybe we should make like a huge UGer's band, and come up with like a new song once a year, to see everyone's progress, etc.... that would rock.

Now that's a good idea. I wouldn't mind an anniversary Jam. I'm sure there are some mods reading this and they're probably thinking this would be a good idea themselves (I can hope... at least).

You already know that I asked a few mods if they cared about me posting in other forums... I got the "go ahead"... did it and there's one person, so far, that doesn't seem to like it. Oh well. I suppose I need more patience as I get older.
Quote:

I was replying to your first, longer post Bill, and then I saw the next. Well, I was thinking you needed me just by myself, but I tried to get just my track, out of the mix, and I mixed it down as an mp3, and it came out very slow, and messed up, but how do I go about taking only my part out of it in Cool Edit Pro??? Like when I select it by dragging, it selects both tracks, soooo....I will definitely re-record it, and any other parts, and send them just like that, but with the back track as well, so that you know what I was aiming for with the rhythm behind it.

I don't know a thing about Cool Edit Pro. I've never used it. There's a sticky thread about using Cool Edit Pro somewhere in one of these forums. Ahh here it is.

CLICK THIS.

Don't take the title of the thread as an insult... but I think you may find something useful in there.

I don't know about Cool Edit, but after you're finished playing to the "back track", can't you just delete the "back track" by itself? I know that's how I do it in SoundForge and Cubase. Click the track and delete it.
Quote:

P.S. I love my GNX!!!!!!!!!

Damn Straight
Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #58
Bill43
I like it here

Dromar... empty your PM inbox. I can't send you any replies because its full of stuff you haven't deleted.

Let me know when its ready and I'll send you the reply.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #59
RainDog
Thrash Jazz Assassin

That was sweet. Good job Bill43 and Silenced.
Silenced, I think the problem with cooledit may be that the bpm on the track your moving the solo to is different than what you recorded at. Im not sure if it does this in cooledit, but in cakewalk(what i have), if you copy a sound from tracks with differing bpms, the audio will automatically stretch to that speed.
I think this project is gonna turn out good.
One idea; after we get alot of mp3's, we should post em in one place, and we can do different mixes.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:11 AM   #60
Dromar
im sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill43
Dromar... empty your PM inbox. I can't send you any replies because its full of stuff you haven't deleted.

Let me know when its ready and I'll send you the reply.

Thanks!

very sorry, it keeps getting full with one message

Rate This Thread: