Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-15-2003, 01:17 AM   #61
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by RainDog
I think this project is gonna turn out good.
One idea; after we get alot of mp3's, we should post em in one place, and we can do different mixes.

I happen to like that idea.... anyone have or know of a place where we can do this? My personal site only takes 20 megs and it is so packed right now that I can't put a "private" mix there and send a link to a person, who wishes to keep their version private, without deleting other versions of the song. In fact I probably have about 40 megs of mp3's and somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 megs of wav files.... on just this one song.

Not that its a problem storing it here... it just limits everyone else's access to all of it. I have close to a terabyte of available storage space, so keeping everything here is not the problem. Getting everything out to everyone else is.

FWIW... dmusic.com is so slow! So is angelfire and geocities limits the amount of available bandwidth.....

Anyone want to make a "dump site" that can be deleted as soon as this song is finished?
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 AM   #62
Bill43
I like it here

Here's a link to DBassad.mp3. Its Dromar's (the bananna man's ) bass line added to a portion of BT2.MP3. I left the levels very high on the bass line so you can pick them out easier.

For your enjoyment...

Another Dead Link
I liked the sort of funk rhythm added by Dromar myself. Anyone have any thoughts on this take?

*edit* You already know the story. If you need this, juast ask.

Last edited by Bill43 : 09-17-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #63
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Dromar, delete your sent messages, too
Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #64
Dromar
im sorry

meh my bassline for the verses doesnt fit too well. uh, so, i guess everyone can enjoy my lameness
Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 PM   #65
ohdarn323
Restlessly. Cheater.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dromar
meh my bassline for the verses doesnt fit too well. uh, so, i guess everyone can enjoy my lameness

actually i think it fits particularly well
Old 09-15-2003, 02:27 PM   #66
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:

Have you ever listened to your voice recorded... not singing, just talking? How about that great picture on your driver's license or school photo?

No one can be more critical of themselves than themself. (Wow... that sonds out weird) I know that I think certain things I do are okay... some I'm good at and others I think I suck at.

I liked the rhythm myself... it added a little funk backbone to it. It wasn't what I was thinking of at the time I started this song, but I think it came off very well.

If you don't like your own track... just do another one and I'll set it up and together we'll knock 'em down!

FWIW... I think you're a good bass player. The notes were well executed and the tone was very nice.... almost had a little slap to it.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #67
Dromar
im sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill43
Have you ever listened to your voice recorded... not singing, just talking? How about that great picture on your driver's license or school photo?

No one can be more critical of themselves than themself. (Wow... that sonds out weird) I know that I think certain things I do are okay... some I'm good at and others I think I suck at.

lol quite true, i hate the sound of my recorded voice

Quote:
I liked the rhythm myself... it added a little funk backbone to it. It wasn't what I was thinking of at the time I started this song, but I think it came off very well.

If you don't like your own track... just do another one and I'll set it up and together we'll knock 'em down!

FWIW... I think you're a good bass player. The notes were well executed and the tone was very nice.... almost had a little slap to it.

thanks, i feel a little bit better. yea my dads not gonna be home tonight so i can set up to record again, work out the kinks. o BTW, i didnt slap at all on that, its just my Corvette's tone

Last edited by Dromar : 09-15-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:39 PM   #68
turinbrakes
teehee

ok thats it now im getting jealous at you ****ers lol..ill record an extremly mad opening solo right now, it goes right after the introlead

Last edited by turinbrakes : 09-15-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #69
timetraveller02
Banned

Like in the other forum, I'll halp out too. I'm thinking of doing one bar rhythm, and one of lead. That would own.

Let's see then...
Old 09-15-2003, 04:07 PM   #70
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
BTW, i didnt slap at all on that, its just my Corvette's tone.

Well... then I love the tone of that Corvette!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:22 PM   #71
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by turinbrakes
ok thats it now im getting jealous at you ****ers lol..ill record an extremly mad opening solo right now, it goes right after the introlead

LOL !!!! Go for it... I'm getting jealous myself. I've been wanting to throw some of my own stuff at it, but I'm leaving all of the good parts to everyone else here.

FWIW... I've already got a new portion of my part of the intro. In the original, you can hear where I whack my 12 string into the mic... it makes a nice loud pop! I set it up that way to get that sweet mix on the 12 string... its an A/E, so I plugged in one side with a heavy notch filter running and the other side was mic'ed. Well the mic whack is gone, but if I use the "new" intro now... I'll lose that bad assed intro lead by Silenced. I've tried to isolate his portion of the track... but that pop covers such a broad spectrum that I can't get it out without literally destroying a portion of that oh so sweet intro.

Raindog's keyboards will still be there... as he laid out the track separately.

Anyone know anything about Cool Edit Pro? Could you give Silenced some help on how to edit his lead riff out from a 2 track recording? The way it shows up here... my intro is right and left channels... and his lead is all on the left channel. I'm guessing that he had Back Track # 2 in the 1st "position" and recorded his lead in the second "slot".

I guess I'll just have to download Cool Edit Pro and see what I can come up with.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:26 PM   #72
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by timetraveller02
Like in the other forum, I'll halp out too. I'm thinking of doing one bar rhythm, and one of lead. That would own.

Do as much of anything you want to do. There are no "assigned slots" or portions of the song. Everyone can have a crack at any part of it... or even the whole song. I would love to get 2 leads going in the heavier portions... one on the left channel and then an answer to it coming from the right channel. I think that would smoke!

Old 09-15-2003, 04:27 PM   #73
turinbrakes
teehee

Ok here's a tip for anyone who sends bob his stuff though..

Just multitrack your recording

backing track on track 1
your lead or bass or keyboard or whatever musical instrument you pretend to play on track 2

pitch the backing track all the way to the left
pitch the lead all the way to the right

that way, bob can easilly look in a wave editor and exactly pinpoint the time where the lead should start relatively seen from the backings, and he can also dead easilly isolate your lead for his mix because its pitched completely to the right, that way he can put it in the final mix where everythings pitched, equalized, etc

this will make the recording of your instrument mono though, but i couldnt care cos my output singal is mono anyway

I just finished my opening solo, check your pm box in the coming 30 minutes bob

Last edited by turinbrakes : 09-15-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:43 PM   #74
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Ok here's a tip for anyone who sends bob his stuff though..

That's a great idea. I can make mono tracks into stereo, so that's not a problem either. So anyone who's using Cool Edit Pro... just do exactly as BurninTrikes said and everything will come out smooth as silk.
Quote:

I just finished my opening solo, check your pm box in the coming 30 minutes bob

ROFL... I love it... "bob"!

I'll be looking for it here in a few minutes.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #75
Silenced
Child of the Grave

Like I said, I will record my stuff again, just by itself a little bit later, well, Bill, would you care if the recording timing is delayed by like three or four seconds, just like starts playing after like 3 sec???Because I can open you track in media player, and then record to that in Cool Edit Pro.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:01 PM   #76
turinbrakes
teehee

Quote:
I'll be looking for it here in a few minutes. [/B]

Check your pm box

Oh btw, those intro keyboards sound awsome, great recording quality too, somehow they remind me of a cher song lol...it really cool though
Old 09-15-2003, 05:23 PM   #77
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally posted by Silenced
Like I said, I will record my stuff again, just by itself a little bit later, well, Bill, would you care if the recording timing is delayed by like three or four seconds, just like starts playing after like 3 sec???Because I can open you track in media player, and then record to that in Cool Edit Pro.

Anytime that you have the time to re-record it is fine with me.

As long as the timing is correct, I can take your track and put it in the song anywhere I (or you) want it to be.... but I do like it right where it is... so that's where I would like it to stay!

Old 09-15-2003, 05:29 PM   #78
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Check your pm box

Oh btw, those intro keyboards sound awsome, great recording quality too, somehow they remind me of a cher song lol...it really cool though

Grabbed it.... I haven't had the time to listen to it yet... I'm sure its great though. I've listened to your other stuff here and it is very good.

Yeah... I liked Raindog's keyboards too.... I tried them out in different places in the song, but they really didn't seem to fit to well anywhere but in the intro.... I've been thinking of maybe writing a reversed phrase for the outro and mix it in with Raindog's track. I'll have to see how that sounds before I post much more about that.

Like I said in my PM back to you... I have a littlle bit going on tonight, but I should have your portion mixed into the original sometime later on... maybe in the very early A.M. ???

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:33 PM   #79
Dromar
im sorry

ok ive got everything set up here im gonna record in a few minutes....
Old 09-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #80
luke89
Goat Horns

Quote:
Check your pm box

bah post it, ur solo's probably nasty.

Hypocrisy-"Hell, the ****ing corn on my dinner plate is heavier than Korn."

Rate This Thread: