Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #61
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

You won't do yourself that much damage piercing your own ears, it's where most people start.

If you can, get hold of a sterile hollow needle to do it with, and make sure you put a stud in straight away. Clean it properly as well.

It's called stretching, or in yankydoodleland they call it gauging, i'm too tired to go into detail, but basically you start with a cone shape piece of plastic/metal w/e, and you gradually push it further into your ear over a matter of weeks, making the hole bigger.

Google earlobe stretching, and check out www.bmezine.com. Oh, and the holes in your ear at the end are called Tunnels, or in US-speak Plugs.

Alix_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #62
Mistress_Ibanez

Also, don't just think that a really fat sewing needle will do, or that ice is a good enough numbing device, or that getting drunk first is a good idea, trust
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #63
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

oh, my favourite is when people try piercing themselves in class with a compass.

My sister'll never try THAT again.
Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #64
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Malmsteen
I'm tempted to get my tragus done, but is it a problem for listening to music through headphones?
That's the last thing I want.

Also, first tattoo question; I'm considering getting wings on my back (not amazingly original, I know) but my mum reckons it's a bad idea to "get your first tattoo on your back as it'll kill", is that true or not?

Back is ment to be one of the most painful places to get it done, probably not a good place for your first one.

It is a problem if you use standard earphone, if you use the little plug ones (the one with the little rubber bit that goes further in, you know what I mean?) or over-the-ear headphones you'll be ok. It will not properly heal if you just use normal (as in standard Ipod issue style) earphones, and it'll be uncomfortable and quite painful at times too. It's a bit less so if you get a flat-backed stud in it though.

But, by all means, make an effort to accommodate it, it's worth the extra hassle, it's one of my favourite piercings, and always a good conversation starter.

I hope that made sense, I feel like i've rambled a bit much

Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #65
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Also, don't just think that a really fat sewing needle will do, or that ice is a good enough numbing device, or that getting drunk first is a good idea, trust

Oh god, do not use ice! you pierce it, you feel it a bit, then the ice freezes your ****ing ear and hurts like a ****ing bitch when it un-numbs. *

*At my most eloquent!

If you do pierce it yourself and you can't get a piercers needle, use a saftey pin.

(Is that the worst advice i've ever given? ) lol

Old 05-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #66
Matt_Malmsteen
Shred n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix_D
Back is ment to be one of the most painful places to get it done, probably not a good place for your first one.

It is a problem if you use standard earphone, if you use the little plug ones (the one with the little rubber bit that goes further in, you know what I mean?) or over-the-ear headphones you'll be ok. It will not properly heal if you just use normal (as in standard Ipod issue style) earphones, and it'll be uncomfortable and quite painful at times too. It's a bit less so if you get a flat-backed stud in it though.

But, by all means, make an effort to accommodate it, it's worth the extra hassle, it's one of my favourite piercings, and always a good conversation starter.

I hope that made sense, I feel like i've rambled a bit much

Thanks for the advice man. Although tbh I'm not overly interested in getting a tattoo anywhere else...
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #67
Mistress_Ibanez

I know but the needle I used was too thin, I got it through my ear but the earring wouldn't fit so I just took it out, drunkness made me too lazy to do a proper job then I waited for it to heal and went to a piercer to get them to do it. I clearly can't handle the responsibility...

If you really want a tattoo on your back then just suck it up, it would be worth it in the long run if it's what you want. Tattoos aren't meant to be painless.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #68
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

I do my best.

I wouldn't take anything I say about tattoos as the gospel truth, i've never had one done, but from what i've heard it's the worst, but often that's followed by the most rewarding.

It depends on how much pain you can take, and you don't have to have it all done at once either. If you want it, go for it.

Angel wings look superb if done right

Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #69
Matt_Malmsteen
Shred n00b

I'm going for angel wings if I do. The tattooist is a friend of the family and said he'd make something a bit more "individual". He said he'd not do it in one session but I don't think anyone would do a back tattoo in one session right? I mean, they're just huge and insane.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #70
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
I know but the needle I used was too thin, I got it through my ear but the earring wouldn't fit so I just took it out, drunkness made me too lazy to do a proper job then I waited for it to heal and went to a piercer to get them to do it. I clearly can't handle the responsibility...

I only actually got my first piercing because someone brought me an earring (it was a little devil's head ) so I thought I might as well use it.

Got some icecubes in the freezer, boiled my saftey pin in a teacup, and went for it, numbed my ear quite badly, and then shoved the pin through at a very strange angle, pulled it out a few seconds later and tried to put the stud in.

I got the stud in the front hole, but I couldn't find the back (obviously being where the saftey pin was thinner, it had shut up) so after wriggling it around for about 10 minutes, and putting myself in extreme pain I just thought ''**** it, i'm shoving this beastie through''. And I did, imagine shoving a blunt stud through your ear! It made the most unpleasent popping noise, and then bled like crazy motherfo, I only just managed to get the back on the stud. Then it swelled up really badly and the back of the stud got engulfed by my ear.

A few months down the line it worked out fine, but it was quite a gruesome introduction to piercing. Why I went back for more, who knows!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #71
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Malmsteen
I'm going for angel wings if I do. The tattooist is a friend of the family and said he'd make something a bit more "individual". He said he'd not do it in one session but I don't think anyone would do a back tattoo in one session right? I mean, they're just huge and insane.

Nope, you're looking at about 18-22 hours for a large back piece! Did he give you a price estimate, or is a friend sort of deal?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #72
Z_cup_boy
i hate my username

alix d why dont you post a pic or two of your piercings?
please???
Z_cup_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #73
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Because no-one asked! Enjoy!

Ok, i've got a confession, these are all old pictures, about a year infact, and now I only have one piercing (A rook) because i'm a slave to the wage. Sorry about the flash on the first one, I never really took picture of my piercings so that's the best i've got.

However, i'm looking into getting a 5 piece surface piercing on my chest once i'm out of debt.

Last edited by Alix_D : 05-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #74
Z_cup_boy
i hate my username

Quote:
Because no-one asked! Enjoy!

Ok, i've got a confession, these are all old pictures, about a year infact, and now I only have one piercing (A rook) because i'm a slave to the wage.

However, i'm looking into getting a 5 piece surface piercing on my chest once i'm out of debt.

aww youre cute in the last pic lol!
wow u have a lot of piercings!
do cartilidge piercings on the top of the ear hurt?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #75
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_cup_boy
aww youre cute in the last pic lol!
wow u have a lot of piercings!
do cartilidge piercings on the top of the ear hurt?

Thanks, but 14 year olds don't really do it for me anymore

Yeah, I had 12. Not really, the most painful one is the rook (the one just inside the ear on the first picture) or the Tragus (the one on the sticky outtie bit in the middle of the ear).

Cartilidge doesn't really hurt at all, it's just feels very awkward to sleep on.

Anyone else get the feeling i'm quite into this thread?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #76
Z_cup_boy
i hate my username

Quote:

Yeah, I had 12. Not really, the most painful one is the rook (the one just inside the ear on the first picture) or the Tragus (the one on the sticky outtie bit in the middle of the ear).

Cartilidge doesn't really hurt at all, it's just feels very awkward to sleep on.

Anyone else get the feeling i'm quite into this thread?

haha im really into body modifications but my mom hates the hell outta them
my dad doesnt rly dig tattooes but piercings im not sure
im so anxious to get lip rings and ear piercings
when was ur first alix d??
i dont remember if u already mentioned it in another post lol
Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #77
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:

how about 19 year olds?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #78
Alix_D
UG's Body Mod Aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
how about 19 year olds?

You're in, big boy!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #79
Mistress_Ibanez

Nice piercings.... couldn't you have saved them and just worn earmuffs to work?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #80
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
You're in, big boy!

how do you feel about having a sex change in order to facilitate this relationship?

Rate This Thread: