Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
miketar

Best time to buy

I believe that some of you work or have worked at guitar stores, so I wondered if there was a best time of the year to get the best deals on guitars?
miketar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Fumble fingers

Carvin direct and Carvin ebay have a bunch of Deals going on right now , they are also cleaning out there demo models from the factory for cheap with full warranty on ebay
Fumble fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
dspellman

I think that around this time of year (including a couple of weeks into January) can be pretty good; most stores are trying to clear inventory right after Christmas, so you may find some great deals between Christmas and New Year's Day.
dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ Yeah (and also around black friday). Also a lot of shops have sales in the summer as well when it seems to be slow.

That's in general, though, you never know exactly when a shop will have sales.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Tallwood13

This comes from a lot of experience I flipped about 100 guitars on craigslist. Granted I live in a big city but classifieds sites are a plethora. Most of the time you do get a guitar that plays decent like the guy took good care of it but just in case ask any questions prior to buying it and listen to your heart. As always the sound and feel over a deal.

sites to try
craigslist (canada / usa)
kijiji (canada)
ebay
gumtree (UK)

ok so three occasions right now to look
right before christmas is one time, some guys need cash quick and dont care
right after as people sometimes realize their new guitars better and sell the old one off

But the BEST time is right before welfare/disability chrques. People get hungry or run out of drugs or alcohol and oh god I was getting like pro series jacksons , J craft Ibanez (garbage) and so forth on kijiji for peanuts. Very few of them needed parts from ebay but if you can solder you' can have a lucrative hobby.

google the guitar prior to buying it. Ultimate guitar usually tells you what guys paid for it so you can call people up on their crap if you have to.
Tallwood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

I shop year round- deals pop up all kinds of places, all the time. Sometimes, it's used on eBay, GC, Elderly or Revaerb, etc., or a manufacturer might have a clearance sale on NOS or some such.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ Yeah that too. The one thing, if you can be bothered, is to sign up to a bunch of shops' email newsletters (or i guess follow them on facebook or whatever people do in the 21st century now ). It's not foolproof, because they don't always email when they have a great deal on, but they sometimes do.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: