Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
dfward

Reasonble price to sell RG1570

Hi guys. It's been many years since I posted anything on here. So long that I've forgotten exactly what my username or email were at the time. Anyway, I'm trying to get a ball park idea of how much cash I could get for my Ibanez RG1570. It's a 2008 and basically mint condition. Aside from the serial number and fact that the finish is discontinued I believe (mirage blue), it looks like it could have been bought yesterday. It's a great guitar, but I purchased it towards the end of my junior year of high school when I thought I wanted to be a shredder. It saw some rotation with my two other electrics for a year, but then I went to college and I haven't really played it since. Never really got comfortable with the neck to be honest. I've found myself playing my first guitar, a squire strat, a lot the last couple years, and I think I'm finally financially comfortable enough to take the plunge on a higher end fender. So the way I'm looking at it I basically have two options. Sell it to someone intending to play it themselves or sell it to somewhere like guitar center. I believe they give a 10% discount on new gear with trade ins, but I've no experience with selling them any used guitars. I also know I could probably get a 15% discount there anyway and I have a feeling they won't pile on an extra 10%. Any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited by dfward : 10-20-2014 at 08:56 PM.
dfward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
chrismendiola

Guitar Center will give you about half of what it's worth on the used market. Its trade-in/trade-up promotion isn't always available, and changes between 10 and 15 percent.

Most would agree that GC or any major retailer should be the last resort, but remember that you're pretty much guaranteed to sell it and you won't have to go through the processes of selling it independently.

Independent
Pros: more money
Cons: will take more time and effort

Major retailer
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to sell it, can be done in a short amount of time, trade-in/trade-up promotion at GC
Cons: less money

Just figure out which one you prefer.
chrismendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
dfward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismendiola
Guitar Center will give you about half of what it's worth on the used market. Its trade-in/trade-up promotion isn't always available, and changes between 10 and 15 percent.

Most would agree that GC or any major retailer should be the last resort, but remember that you're pretty much guaranteed to sell it and you won't have to go through the processes of selling it independently.

Independent
Pros: more money
Cons: will take more time and effort

Major retailer
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to sell it, can be done in a short amount of time, trade-in/trade-up promotion at GC
Cons: less money

Just figure out which one you prefer.

Thanks for the reply. That is the unfortunate reality I guess. It's amazing how quickly tastes can change. I wanted the RG badly for a while but I never was able to develop a strong attachment to it.

Last edited by dfward : 10-20-2014 at 10:05 PM.
dfward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #4
lightningjoe88

Put it up on Craigslist while you think about it and see what hits you get.
89 Ernie Ball MM Silhouette > Korg Pitchblack Tuner > Xotic SP Comp > Russian EHX Big Muff Pi > TC Electronic Nova Delay > ADA Flanger > Koch Multitone 50w > Avatar Contemporary 2x12 w/ Celestion Creambacks
lightningjoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
pantallica87
Schecter Wh0re

Average price on Ebay for that model is $600. Thats a starting point.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Ibanez TS-9
MXR Smart Gate
pantallica87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

In mint condition like that expect about $600 for it.
ESP Eclipse II (Lace Finger Burners)
Agile Septor Pro 727 Maple Board (EMG 81-7s)
Peavey 5150 II
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: