Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 09:50 AM   #1
BrokenByDefault

Neck Pocket Chipping?

Hi all,

I've just noticed some finish starting to chip from the neck joint on my new guitar. It's a Squier Haruna Ono Signature Skullsilver Telecaster that I specially imported from Japan around two months ago. I'm beyond devastated because it was brand new, in mint condition and kept in a hard shell case at all times, and had only been played three times, so it wasn't due to abuse.

I'd really like to return it under warranty, only, because it was specially imported from Japan and it was a very limited run that sold out within hours, there's not much Squier can do except take it back (if I'm even eligible for the Japanese warranty) and give me a refund. But that would mean I'd lose the guitar, and that's the last thing I want to happen after going through hell and back just to get my hands on one.

So, my question is, what could have caused this? Will it get worse? And is there anyway it can be repaired given the complexity of the sparkle finish? I really don't want to have to live with this and watch it get worse.

Thanks, guys!

Last edited by BrokenByDefault : Today at 09:58 AM.
BrokenByDefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #2
'DC fan

I can't really see the crack, unless you mean the unpainted bit which in that case it's just a poor paintjob as they don't paint the neck pocket for many reasons
'DC fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #3
BrokenByDefault

Sorry, it's actually a chip, I'll amend the thread title! At first I thought it was down to a dodgy paint job, but I actually took photos of the neck pocket when I first got it and it was perfect, so something has happened to the neck pocket during these two months.
BrokenByDefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #4
jpnyc

Wood isnít perfect. It expands and contracts and sometimes that cracks the finish. Just nut up and live with it.
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #5
ryanbwags

Roll with it. No one but you will probably ever know it's there. It gives the guitar character, and you will always know if it's your's or not.
EHX: Metal Muff
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
EHX: Big Muff Pi
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
ryanbwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #6
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Nothing wrong there, other than minor cosmetic damage. This won't develop into a bigger problem over time.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: