Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #62961
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
 
FrenchyFungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
Is it not the goal of society to make sure every is healthy and happy and productive? Healthy being a key word here. I think it one of the most productive uses of our time and resources.
Yeah, forcing people against their will to exercise will certainly make them happy.
__________________
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #62962
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
They'll be happy when they haven't lost a foot to diabeetus later in life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I kissed a child, just so said child could know what kissing is.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #62963
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Freedom includes freedom to be fat and unfit.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #62964
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
Yeah, forcing people against their will to exercise will certainly make them happy.

If exercising takes place during school hours kids wouldn't mind it at all. For elementary school kids they just run around and play (this already happens) for middle school kids they can run track and swim and play sports, and for high school kids they can lift weights, run track, swim, and play sports, and of course military training.
That raises another issue I have. I think that school hours should be longer but homework should be non existent or minimal if absolutely necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Freedom includes freedom to be fat and unfit.

Leviathan, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
They'll be happy when they haven't lost a foot to diabeetus later in life.

Precisely.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #62965
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
Yeah, forcing people against their will to exercise will certainly make them happy.

It could. Once they give up fighting and enjoy it, they feel the effect it's having on their body and mind.
The idea is lunacy, of course, forcing people ain't right.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #62966
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
It could. Once they give up fighting and enjoy it, they feel the effect it's having on their body and mind.
The idea is lunacy, of course, forcing people ain't right.

I see what you mean, but the way i see it, if were going to force people to go to school we might as well force them to be physically fit as well.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #62967
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
(In Scotland) there is already mandatory PE classes throughout school.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #62968
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
 
FrenchyFungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
If exercising takes place during school hours kids wouldn't mind it at all. For elementary school kids they just run around and play (this already happens) for middle school kids they can run track and swim and play sports, and for high school kids they can lift weights, run track, swim, and play sports, and of course military training.
Have you been to school? A significant fraction of the kids have no interest whatsoever in P.E.. "Forgetting" their P.E. kit is rather common, as is getting mum to write a note that your ankle is sore.
__________________
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #62969
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
In recent years the government have been increasing the requirement of PE in schools I think.
Coincidentally, around the time they were doing this I rarely attended PE, hardly at all for my fifth year at school and never during my sixth. I went to a music room and played guitar instead.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.

Last edited by Hydra150 : 02-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #62970
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
Have you been to school? A significant fraction of the kids have no interest whatsoever in P.E.. "Forgetting" their P.E. kit is rather common, as is getting mum to write a note that your ankle is sore.

I remember kids hating mathematics as well, but if they pulled that shit they'd get held over. Gym should be the same, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
In recent years the government have been increasing the requirement of PE in schools I think.
Coincidentally, around the time they were doing this I rarely attended PE, hardly at all for my fifth year at school and never during my sixth. I went to a music room and played guitar instead.

As much as that is awesome, I don't think it should be allowed/possible.
I do think that we should have more engaging art and music programs in school, as well.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #62971
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #62972
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Sorry about the size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #62973
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Yeah I already pointed that out
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #62974
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Sorry about the size.


I don't see how I'm anything like Hitler though.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #62975
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
[img]http://i.imgur.com/BRwuQ.jpg[img]

Your high school yearbook photo's cool and all but we're having a discussion here!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I kissed a child, just so said child could know what kissing is.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #62976
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
 
Draken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
What if a child refuses to do the military training on the grounds they are a pacifist?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #62977
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
I agree with probably 75-80% of what macashmack is saying.

"Society of elites" is weird but kids today are undeniably too fat.

PE isn't going to make them not fat. Unfortunately, when it comes to weight, what you're eating is far more important than how often you're getting physical exercise.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #62978
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Yep, and that problem is a lot to do with the food industry and how it has shaped out eating habits.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #62979
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
 
Draken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
PE isn't going to make them not fat. Unfortunately, when it comes to weight, what you're eating is far more important than how often you're getting physical exercise.

Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #62980
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
PE isn't going to make them not fat. Unfortunately, when it comes to weight, what you're eating is far more important than how often you're getting physical exercise.

Hence my argument on trying to make high quality produce more available to all people, and having it exist in schools.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.