Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #63101
burghUK
Registered User
 
burghUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Crowd forces Racist UKIP leader to hide in a pub. Nothing but pride , he can take his selfish right wing values back down south, that shit doesn't fly here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22559526
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #63102
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
 
FrenchyFungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK
Crowd forces Racist UKIP leader to hide in a pub. Nothing but pride , he can take his selfish right wing values back down south, that shit doesn't fly here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22559526

I don't understand why someone would go to Edinburgh to promote a candidate standing in Aberdeen
__________________
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #63103
burghUK
Registered User
 
burghUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
I don't understand why someone would go to Edinburgh to promote a candidate standing in Aberdeen



he's just trying to promote his party overall, but people here aren't dumb enough to jump on the "it's all the immigrants fault" bandwagon.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #63104
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
At least he's smart enough to hide in a bar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #63105
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
I'll bet you do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #63106
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Very much wish I worked in a co-op. It is incredibly frustrating to see the directorship make decisions that are so monumentally stupid and not be able to do anything about them, while the staff tend to have amazing ideas that will never see the light of day.

Yet when the business crumbles, we as stakeholders will feel it just as badly as those who own it, if not more so.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #63107
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life
 
dann_blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Reverse racism is like when an antelope tramples down a lion in order to escape, and all the other lions around it call out “Reverse carnivorism! REVERSE CARNIVORISM! JUST AS BAD AS THE LIONS EATING YOU!”

K maybe here's not the best place, but **** it I need to post it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Very much wish I worked in a co-op. It is incredibly frustrating to see the directorship make decisions that are so monumentally stupid and not be able to do anything about them, while the staff tend to have amazing ideas that will never see the light of day.

Yet when the business crumbles, we as stakeholders will feel it just as badly as those who own it, if not more so.

Have they told you about that internet thing yet? And how they heard it's, like, the future or some shit?
__________________
tumbl-thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #63108
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
^ i know you're joking, but the number of shops here who claim to have a website, and then you go to it and it's like a blank page listing a phone number and an address, is staggering Way to grasp the possibilities of the internet, Northern Ireland
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #63109
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life
 
dann_blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
^ i know you're joking, but the number of shops here who claim to have a website, and then you go to it and it's like a blank page listing a phone number and an address, is staggering Way to grasp the possibilities of the internet, Northern Ireland

I think I found your problem
__________________
tumbl-thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #63110
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
no shit, sherlock
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #63111
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life
 
dann_blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
no shit, sherlock

Please, Sherlock's way too sophisticated for NI. At the very best you should get Poirot, or someone of equal or lesser standing.
__________________
tumbl-thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #63112
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
poirot is pretty sophisticated (maybe moreso than sherlock ). We'd need something like the sweeney. that's about our level.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #63113
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
^ i know you're joking, but the number of shops here who claim to have a website, and then you go to it and it's like a blank page listing a phone number and an address, is staggering Way to grasp the possibilities of the internet, Northern Ireland

Our website is embarrassingly bad, so bad that I've had marketing people I've worked with tell me it is costing us business. I've designed a new website for us, free of charge, but the directors won't release funds for me to host it, so it sits on my hard drive.

I've also amusingly had people convinced that they can do what I do when it became apparent that I was essentially taking over 100% of marketing and promotions. This resulted in a hilarious crater In numbers viewing our stuff, followed by a less hilarious crater in revenue.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #63114
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland


yeah, that's the thing. People act like, "ah, but will that translate to real world sales?"

yes, it probably will. there have been several times when i was thinking of buying something, and the local websites were so bad that i just said, "ah **** it, i'll get it on amazon".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #63115
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc


yeah, that's the thing. People act like, "ah, but will that translate to real world sales?"

yes, it probably will. there have been several times when i was thinking of buying something, and the local websites were so bad that i just said, "ah **** it, i'll get it on amazon".

I tend to equate it to" would you leave the front of the building look old and dirty".

But when you have marketing companies express reservations about working with you because your website is bad it's time to cop on.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #63116
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
yeah. it's one thing one random dude saying it, it's another when the experts are saying it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #63117
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
 
FrenchyFungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Got asked to speak at a debate.

This'll be fun.

Wear the hat.
__________________
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #63118
JKM77
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Student Fee's are far to expensive in the uk, now that's out the way

Could any guitarists/bassists complete this survey for my final year dissertation at the Brighton institute of modern music

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WX2PM7S

Cheers!!!
JKM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #63119
dann_blood
Swifter 4 life
 
dann_blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NSW, Australia
This is Australian political journalist Peter van Onselen:


This is Anders Breivik:


ZOMG CONSPIRACY

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Got asked to speak at a debate.

This'll be fun.

You should grow a beard, and when you're sitting down and listening be all calm and normal but then when you're talking get all agitated and twitchy and pluck at your shirt alot and make heaps of wild hand gestures and speak with a really bad lisp, and when someone asks you if you're alright scream "I'M MORE THAN ALRIGHT, I'M SLAVOJ ZIZEK MOTHERFUCKER" and then tear your shirt.

In case you're wondering, yeah, I've been drinking.
__________________
tumbl-thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
dann_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #63120
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
^ two different people look different, and spell and pronounce their names differently? yeah that's a hell of a conspiracy there
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.