Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #81
scarfacesuit
UG's Tooth Flosser
 
scarfacesuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodstock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon
Here in Belgium an extreme-right group (Vlaams Belang) had the second most votes in the elections two weeks ago. It's really freaking me out. Time for a good old revolution I say.


you say you want a revolution, well, you know... we all want to change the world.
__________________
Quote:
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
scarfacesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #82
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman
I agree to an extent, but as an American, you know the Green Party takes up about 1% of the voters, which is sad, because they have some great ideas.

Me, I consider myself a Libertarian.

I'm not sure if the American green party is the same as the Irish and European one.
Maybe it is
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #83
scarfacesuit
UG's Tooth Flosser
 
scarfacesuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodstock
i think i'll probably be voting for obama for the '08 U.S. election. from what i've read up on him, so far, i haven't found anything i didn't agree with.
__________________
Quote:
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
scarfacesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #84
suffer some
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfacesuit
i think i'll probably be voting for obama for the '08 U.S. election. from what i've read up on him, so far, i haven't found anything i didn't agree with.


I think you probably won't, because he probably won't be on the ballot paper. Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Conquestidor
---------------------
Republicans hate poor people? Someones been drinking at the well of Liberal propaganda. THat you would post such nonsense suggests that you have a poor understanding of political idealology .
Just ask yourself one simple question whenever you incounter this type of statement. Is the person making it trying to make you think, or make you believe?


Someone's been drinking at the well of.... poor.... spelling. Your post suggests a poor understanding of the English language.

ZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pick_gnome
I'm just saying the libs are pretty effective at pointing at the conservatives and saying "He doesn't care about poor people, he love big business, he is a bigot." , but they seem to love Dr. Paul, even though he is economically libertarian/conservative (which I'm assuming is why they think conservatives hate poor people).


Being libertarian means that you have no opinion on big business. It certainly means that you don't go out of your way to give big businesses a hand from your government, as the Republicans (and Democrats, actually, but that's America for you) are both hellbent on doing at present.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamSpam
I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
suffer some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #85
that soccer kid
so there's this kid and,
 
that soccer kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: i live in virginia
**** big business.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder
You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
that soccer kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #86
gpderek09
GainZilla
 
gpderek09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aggieland, tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffer some
I think you probably won't, because he probably won't be on the ballot paper. Oh no!

well i hope he is.

something tells me a "black" president who was raised muslim, and attended an islamic elementary school would do wonders for our foreign policy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAxe
consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #87
scarfacesuit
UG's Tooth Flosser
 
scarfacesuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodstock
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpderek09
well i hope he is.

something tells me a "black" president who was raised muslim, and attended an islamic elementary school would do wonders for our foreign policy.


he wasn't raised muslim and never attended islamic elementary schools...
hopefully this will englighten you: http://www.barackobama.com/about/

i am pleased to see someone else agreeing with me though everyone that lives near me in GA is die hard republican and think george bush can do no wrong.
i'm not saying i'm a democrat, but i'm more of a moderate...
__________________
Quote:
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
scarfacesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #88
gpderek09
GainZilla
 
gpderek09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aggieland, tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfacesuit
he wasn't raised muslim and never attended islamic elementary schools...
hopefully this will englighten you: http://www.barackobama.com/about/

i am pleased to see someone else agreeing with me though everyone that lives near me in GA is die hard republican and think george bush can do no wrong.
i'm not saying i'm a democrat, but i'm more of a moderate...

on the news though, they went to the school in Indonesia that he attended. it was an Islamic school.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAxe
consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #89
scarfacesuit
UG's Tooth Flosser
 
scarfacesuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodstock
oh.. well he claims not to be muslim anymore, but that doesn't matter. either way, he's got my vote.
__________________
Quote:
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
scarfacesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #90
gpderek09
GainZilla
 
gpderek09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aggieland, tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
He is only not Muslim because you have to be Christian to take part in government pretty much.

I really do think that few politicians are actually Christly.

it really is a shame that an athiest or muslim, or anything besides christian can't become a high profile public figure with out taking heat for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAxe
consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #91
Pingu132
Banned
 
Pingu132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I doubt half of them have been to church since Easter.
Pingu132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #92
Quintessence153
UG's Burninator
 
Quintessence153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Western Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
He is only not Muslim because you have to be Christian to take part in government pretty much.

I really do think that few politicians are actually Christly.

The more you talk about Jesus, the less you have to act like him.

I really do think it's pitiful how the religious beliefs of a candidate can have so much influence on his public image. I would actually like to see a non-Christian candidate get into office, just because that person would be very disinclined to suck up to the Christian Right.
Quintessence153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #93
gpderek09
GainZilla
 
gpderek09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aggieland, tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence153
The more you talk about Jesus, the less you have to act like him.

I really do think it's pitiful how the religious beliefs of a candidate can have so much influence on his public image. I would actually like to see a non-Christian candidate get into office, just because that person would be very disinclined to suck up to the Christian Right.

yeah, but some people have become so ingrained with religion in the united states since an early age, that a few of them have tried to argue religion with me, blatantly and utterly lost, then just said that they don't wanna question it. which i can understand but then i see the social christian right trying to stick it's nose into politics and teach creation in science classes, and people aren't going to argue, and sadly enough, probably support it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAxe
consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #94
StreetLight3989
Registered User
 
StreetLight3989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
I have a short rant about true separation of church and state. I hate how some people will only vote for people who are Christan. It irritates me to no end how religious propaganda is so deep rooted in our society. I mean why can't people see that you don't have to be a Christan to have morals and values. I also hate it when politicians use religion as there main selling point in there campaign. If you can't bring anything then being religious to the table then I don't want you in office. I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhists, Atheist or basically anyone non Christan just to break the trend. I hate that there is nothing I can do about this, but I just had to write it down to get it off my back.
__________________
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #95
gpderek09
GainZilla
 
gpderek09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aggieland, tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLight3989
I have a short rant about true separation of church and state. I hate how some people will only vote for people who are Christan. It irritates me to no end how religious propaganda is so deep rooted in our society. I mean why can't people see that you don't have to be a Christan to have morals and values. I also hate it when politicians use religion as there main selling point in there campaign. If you can't bring anything then being religious to the table then I don't want you in office. I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhists, Atheist or basically anyone non Christan just to break the trend. I hate that there is nothing I can do about this, but I just had to write it down to get it off my back.

agreed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAxe
consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #96
melodicVmetal
I play guitar
 
melodicVmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
i think obama should be elected
__________________
This space for rent
melodicVmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #97
anti
Turn On/Tune In/Drop Out
 
anti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: FSU
Go Nader 2008!
WHOOO!
anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #98
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLight3989
I have a short rant about true separation of church and state. I hate how some people will only vote for people who are Christan. It irritates me to no end how religious propaganda is so deep rooted in our society. I mean why can't people see that you don't have to be a Christan to have morals and values. I also hate it when politicians use religion as there main selling point in there campaign. If you can't bring anything then being religious to the table then I don't want you in office. I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhists, Atheist or basically anyone non Christan just to break the trend. I hate that there is nothing I can do about this, but I just had to write it down to get it off my back.


there have been unitarian presidents. so, the trend is broken.
__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #99
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
o_O


the rest of the world isn't free so internationally it is just die hard 4.0.

__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #100
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Since the greens got into power in Ireland it's been raining.
I just thought I'd add that.
Don't vote green, they bring rain


(seriously though, do vote green)


it always rains here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
the rest of the world isn't free so internationally it is just die hard 4.0.






Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLight3989
I have a short rant about true separation of church and state. I hate how some people will only vote for people who are Christan. It irritates me to no end how religious propaganda is so deep rooted in our society. I mean why can't people see that you don't have to be a Christan to have morals and values. I also hate it when politicians use religion as there main selling point in there campaign. If you can't bring anything then being religious to the table then I don't want you in office. I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhists, Atheist or basically anyone non Christan just to break the trend. I hate that there is nothing I can do about this, but I just had to write it down to get it off my back.


agreed wholeheartedly. I love how some christians are willing to vote in total bastards, just because they pay lip-service to their religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpderek09
yeah, but some people have become so ingrained with religion in the united states since an early age, that a few of them have tried to argue religion with me, blatantly and utterly lost, then just said that they don't wanna question it. which i can understand but then i see the social christian right trying to stick it's nose into politics and teach creation in science classes, and people aren't going to argue, and sadly enough, probably support it.


i agree. you can believe whatever the heck you want, but once you start trying to mix it with politics, or make stuff into laws, then i get angry.

why should you be allowed to force people to believe what you believe?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.