Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-14-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
kafkaesque_1027

Very, very curious about the Minarik Goddess!!

As the title says. I am extremely curious about the Minarik Goddess guitar, but there is no detailed info about it anywhere I have looked. And I think I may have searched the internet over! >< It caught my eye because it comes left handed and the oceanburst finish is incredible. But if it sounds terrible/is hard to play beauty doesn't matter! I was wondering about the pickups, is the guitar easy to play, how thick is the neck, basically every detail about it. Also what styles of music does it work best with? I've been playing for 5 years but things happen and I haven't invested in a better quality guitar yet! Still playing my budget Ibanez Gio, which I am not really into Ibanez too much but it was the only left handed guitar in the store and I was just starting out so....There you have it.

Also I have an extra question, does anybody have a guitar made with Warmoth parts? I looked on their site and there is actually a body identical to the Minarik Goddess and if the real thing doesn't sound so great I may consider creating a custom guitar to my exact liking. But I am by no means a technical genius so I was wondering if I had them make the body and neck, how difficult would it be for me to install the electrical parts and put the body and neck together? Could I do it with the aid of tutorials or is that a thing that takes years of practice to master?

Sorry about the rant! When I get on a subject it's hard for me to keep it brief! lol

Last edited by kafkaesque_1027 : 03-14-2014 at 05:23 AM.
kafkaesque_1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkaesque_1027
Also I have an extra question, does anybody have a guitar made with Warmoth parts? I looked on their site and there is actually a body identical to the Minarik Goddess and if the real thing doesn't sound so great I may consider creating a custom guitar to my exact liking. But I am by no means a technical genius so I was wondering if I had them make the body and neck, how difficult would it be for me to install the electrical parts and put the body and neck together? Could I do it with the aid of tutorials or is that a thing that takes years of practice to master?

You could probably do it with the aid of tutorials, and the precious aid of the good folks over at the Gear Building & Customizing subforum.

You'll need to learn to solder to wire the electronics, but the basic soldering skill required for that kind of job are relatively easy and quick to acquire. Just practice with junk for a bit before doing the actual wiring on the guitar.

If the body and neck are already painted and/or finished, it's as simple as putting everything together and wiring the electronics.

If the body and neck are still in rough, unfinished, you need to know how to apply filler and how to sand properly (to make the surface smooth and even), and all the steps for painting/finishing the guitar, which depend on the final result you're looking for -- they are different if you want a clear (transparent) finish, a translucent finish, an opaque color, or a matte look, for example...
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
kafkaesque_1027

Thanks for the help! I think I will probably buy the neck and body painted and finished from Warmoth and put it together myself. Sounds easy enough! I'm at a loss what kind of pickups I would install, but I suppose that subject is for the gear building forum. It will definitely be a while before I begin this project since it will be expensive. LOL
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #4
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark

Quote:
Thanks for the help!

My pleasure.

Quote:
I'm at a loss what kind of pickups I would install, but I suppose that subject is for the gear building forum.

It will depend on what kind of music you'll play with them.
You can definitely play any kind of music with any pickups, but there are some consensuses on which pickups are more suited to certain music genres.

When you make a thread about choosing pickups, you can post it right here in the Electric Guitar subforum, it's a very frequent question here (but try searching first, maybe there's already a thread by someone looking for pickups for exactly the same needs as you).
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #5
kafkaesque_1027

Oh ok thanks! I play a little bit of all kinds of music, but I'm not so interested in the hard rock/metal sound. I'll look around the forum to see if there's anything on which pickups are better suited for certain music.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
FatalGear41
What Fools These Mortals!

Minariks are interesting guitars, to be sure. Many of them seem to be designed primarily as works of art, with playability being secondary. But I have run into a few people out here in L.A. who have them and genuinely like them. They say they play and sound great, and the fit and finish are first-rate. They are clearly designed as flashy stage instruments for hard rock, but I hear they are a great deal more versatile than their appearances would suggest.

The Goddess is actually one of their tamer models:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
kafkaesque_1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
Minariks are interesting guitars, to be sure. Many of them seem to be designed primarily as works of art, with playability being secondary. But I have run into a few people out here in L.A. who have them and genuinely like them. They say they play and sound great, and the fit and finish are first-rate. They are clearly designed as flashy stage instruments for hard rock, but I hear they are a great deal more versatile than their appearances would suggest.

The Goddess is actually one of their tamer models:

Ah, I see. I've heard good things about them. But was also a bit worried about the playability. I was thinking "How could a guitar like that be that price AND sound good?", I guess lots of people do. Yeah I've looked at videos of them and found them being used primarily for hard rock/metal/shredding, which isn't so much my style. But also saw videos of a couple guitarists using them for more bluesy/classic sounds. I've tried studying pickups and found that I would prefer a guitar with two single coils near the neck and one humbucker at the bridge, as opposed to two humbuckers. It's appearance is definitely what got my attention.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
stormin1155

Naaa.... you don't want a Goddess... them's for sissys. You want an Inferno. Listen to what they say about it.... "The Minarik Inferno is the most scientifically advanced electric guitar ever built. This flagship design features Custom Tone Chambering throughout the entire body, even into the flame tongues. Every design feature on this body shape has a purpose. Increased mass on the left side of the body accents low frequencies, and reduced mass on the right side increases the voice-like high frequencies. Each individual flame tongue was designed to produce a certain frequency response, giving the Minarik Inferno the most balanced and widest tone spectrum unmatched by any other guitar on the market today."

Imagine that!

Seriously, a good friend of mine used to be a Minarik dealer, so I've played several, and did some fret work on one. Really pretty good guitars if you want the ultimate bling.
stormin1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
kafkaesque_1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin1155
Naaa.... you don't want a Goddess... them's for sissys. You want an Inferno. Listen to what they say about it.... "The Minarik Inferno is the most scientifically advanced electric guitar ever built. This flagship design features Custom Tone Chambering throughout the entire body, even into the flame tongues. Every design feature on this body shape has a purpose. Increased mass on the left side of the body accents low frequencies, and reduced mass on the right side increases the voice-like high frequencies. Each individual flame tongue was designed to produce a certain frequency response, giving the Minarik Inferno the most balanced and widest tone spectrum unmatched by any other guitar on the market today."

Imagine that!

Seriously, a good friend of mine used to be a Minarik dealer, so I've played several, and did some fret work on one. Really pretty good guitars if you want the ultimate bling.

The inferno is cool too, I don't think it would suit me though. Also I'd have to pay an arm and leg and sell my soul to have them make me a left handed one. LOL Seems like it would sound great though! Really my only options for a minarik would be the goddess or lotus, since those are the only studio extremes that come left handed. Honestly if I were right handed and were wanting one based purely on appearance I would choose the Medusa. I really love all of the Minarik guitar styles but in the end I think I have decided to just build a guitar to my exact needs. It may end up costing as much as a U.S. made minarik, but I can get it part by part which is easier than paying a few thousand all at once (which is way out of my reach lol). But those crazy shapes, I can't make a guitar like that by myself....hmmm...I want a weird looking guitar but I want to create my own guitar, which for me would basically be buying the body pre-painted and the neck already finished and just put it together and install the electronic bits.

Rate This Thread: