Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
aduyvejo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Jackson King V KV pro 2015 (metallic black)

Hello guys

As there was no Jackson stand at the Frankfurt musikmesse this year and Jackson has definitely launched their new models: What do you guys think about the new Jackson King v KV pro 2015 in metallic black finish? I was thinking of getting myself one soon: good deal?

Comments on the pickup, neck, bridge, finish,etc. are welcome!

Nosey what your reactions will be!

Thanks in advance.
aduyvejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #2
T00DEEPBLUE
Illuminati IsRAEL
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tumblr
The new Jacksons look phenomenal.

Whether or not they're a good deal is hard to say. I'd rather have one of the older MIJ Pro Series because they're been proven to be great.
__________________
All hail the ostrich.





T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!
 
BlackDeath92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
The new Jacksons are pretty great! Affordable, comfortable necks (I'm a big fan of the non-painted necks!), excellent finishes, the list goes on. If you're really hung up on the fact that they're no longer made in Japan, that's your loss.

Concerning the PUs, I do not have much experience with the Duncan Distortions. I always swap my PUs for SD Blackouts and put the Distortions in my lower end guitars.
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
T00DEEPBLUE
Illuminati IsRAEL
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tumblr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeath92
If you're really hung up on the fact that they're no longer made in Japan, that's your loss.

You missed the point. The reason I'd rather take an MIJ Jackson is not because they're made in Japan. Its because they've been proven to be consistently well-made guitars. And there have been several anecdotes of the Indonesian-made Pros not having such great quality control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeath92
Concerning the PUs, I do not have much experience with the Duncan Distortions. I always swap my PUs for SD Blackouts and put the Distortions in my lower end guitars.

I'd have an SH6 over a Blackout any day.
__________________
All hail the ostrich.






Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 04-23-2015 at 09:31 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!
 
BlackDeath92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
You missed the point. The reason I'd rather take an MIJ Jackson is not because they're made in Japan. Its because they've been proven to be consistently well-made guitars. And there have been several anecdotes of the Indonesian-made Pros not having such great quality control.


I didn't miss your point. I simply made one of my own. Some people dismiss any Jackson if it's not an MIJ guitar. That's simply stupid. I do have a couple MIJ Jacksons and they are nearly flawless, so they are be my preference too. The quality control on the Indonesian-made Pros however, is fantastic. To expect that any guitar brand, regardless of country of origin, to be 100% perfect out of the box is unreasonable. Having some basic set-up skills goes a long way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I'd have an SH6 over a Blackout any day.

Meh, take or leave the SH-6. For my style of playing, actives work better for me and the Blackouts sound MUCH better than EMGs IMO.
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
T00DEEPBLUE
Illuminati IsRAEL
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tumblr
So given the choice, you'd rather have an MIJ Jackson because its your preference?

Good to know.

fwiw, I'm not dismissing the existence of the newer Jacksons at all, I think that argument you're trying to make is contrived. I still think they're relevant, I'd just rather go with something that has better QC and is thus less likely to be defective when I buy it used on Ebay.
__________________
All hail the ostrich.






Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 04-23-2015 at 10:52 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!
 
BlackDeath92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Yes, given the choice, I would rather have the MIJ. It's just that they're becoming harder to find and the new Pro series easily suffices.
I never said that you specifically were dismissing the newer Jacksons, just that some do, so I fail to see how my comments were "contrive".
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
dthmtl3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
The Indonesian Jacksons made by WMI that I've seen were pretty fantastic. Now Jackson seems to be working mostly with Cort, so I certainly wouldn't get one without seeing it first. Personally I would go for a KVMG not so much for the pickups but because they have been making these for a while.
dthmtl3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
T00DEEPBLUE
Illuminati IsRAEL
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tumblr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeath92
I never said that you specifically were dismissing the newer Jacksons, just that some do, so I fail to see how my comments were "contrive".

The way you worded your post made it imply that.
__________________
All hail the ostrich.





T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #10
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!
 
BlackDeath92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
The way you worded your post made it imply that.


I did not imply anything about you. You inferred it.
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
T00DEEPBLUE
Illuminati IsRAEL
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tumblr
If it makes you feel any better, you win.

cba.
__________________
All hail the ostrich.





T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #12
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!
 
BlackDeath92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Not really, but this is hardly worth the time of either one of us. Later!
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #13
metalmingee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I think it's a great looking axe with great specs.

I'm not familiar with the Neck Distortion pickup and depending on what you play something like a '59 may add some more versatility if you even use the neck pickup.

If you like it, go for it and post us a review!
__________________
______
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)

Amps:
Mesa Roadster 212 Combo
Peavey 5150 212 Combo with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
metalmingee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.