Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Punk & Ska
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #61
MiDDiE06
where have i been
 
MiDDiE06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Suburbia, Chicago, Illinois
what is the final track listing?
__________________
and when there is no hope, i smoke some crack i shoot some dope
MiDDiE06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:56 PM   #62
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
1. Rock n' Roll Demon- Berly & The Spammers
2. Ante Ęternum - Knaeph
3. Dark Day - The Discourses
4. Don't Call It Love - Drag Down First
5. In Need Of The Heliotrope - Knaeph
6. Live Hard, Live Fas t- The Velisha
7. Nightmare - The NRA
8. Atheism - The Discourses
9. DFI/DHX - Knaeph
10. Sex and Violence - The NRA
11. Ska Song - The Discourses
12. The Real Punk Blues - Berly & The Spammers
13. Oi Oi Boots - The Velisha
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #63
katramone
UG Newbie
 
katramone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: dorm
Check out scattertheashes.com. They are an awesome new band out of Nashville signed to epitaph just recently and he did it just the way you're suggesting. There are quite a few local bands hitting the scene out here. Here's a list:
Oliver's Army
Paper Tiger
Trauma Team
Scatter the Ashes
Bum Shoe (I think they just changed their name though)

These are just the best though. There are some easy to get places in Ashland city to play but I don't know if you really want to go through the trouble of getting here.
Kat
__________________
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
katramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #64
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
Quote:
Originally posted by katramone
Check out scattertheashes.com. They are an awesome new band out of Nashville signed to epitaph just recently and he did it just the way you're suggesting. There are quite a few local bands hitting the scene out here. Here's a list:
Oliver's Army
Paper Tiger
Trauma Team
Scatter the Ashes
Bum Shoe (I think they just changed their name though)

These are just the best though. There are some easy to get places in Ashland city to play but I don't know if you really want to go through the trouble of getting here.
Kat


I love oliver's army, i have their CD its great.
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #65
Berlioz97
Numbah One in Da Hood G
 
Berlioz97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fresno, California
Quote:
Originally posted by whyvern
1. Rock n' Roll Demon- Berly & The Spammers
2. Ante Ęternum - Knaeph
3. Dark Day - The Discourses
4. Don't Call It Love - Drag Down First
5. In Need Of The Heliotrope - Knaeph
6. Live Hard, Live Fas t- The Velisha
7. Nightmare - The NRA
8. Atheism - The Discourses
9. DFI/DHX - Knaeph
10. Sex and Violence - The NRA
11. Ska Song - The Discourses
12. The Real Punk Blues - Berly & The Spammers
13. Oi Oi Boots - The Velisha


Take that Real Punk Blues song off of there, its total sh<e>it.
And which version of Rock n Roll Demon do you have? The one with Guitar, Drums and Electric bass, or the one with just Guitar and Stand-Up Bass, because I want the one with drums in it on the Sampler. Take real punk blues off, its sh<e>it! Download Banjo Pete if you need another song.

I e-mailed you the urls yesterday.

Last edited by Berlioz97 : 12-14-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Berlioz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:06 PM   #66
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
Quote:
Originally posted by Berlioz97
Take that Real Punk Blues song off of there, its total sh<e>it.
And which version of Rock n Roll Demon do you have? The one with Guitar, Drums and Electric bass, or the one with just Guitar and Stand-Up Bass, because I want the one with drums in it on the Sampler. Take real punk blues off, its sh<e>it! Download Banjo Pete if you need another song.

I pmed you the urls.


oh ****, its already in print.

I have rocknroll demon with drums and bass.

I'll make a correct version of it to ship elsewhere

and I'll put banjo pete on that.
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #67
MiDDiE06
where have i been
 
MiDDiE06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Suburbia, Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by lazybassist
just finished making my bands site. if you want us to ad you to our links or you want to put us in your links let us know. our logo's on the first page. you can PM me with the info or just put it here and if you have a logo that could work too.

Restricted Sedition

ill link you guys up if u link us up.
our site is www.thediscourses.cjb.net
MiDDiE06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 PM   #68
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
Allrighty, here's the story on the comp.

I pressed like 25 of them to sell in Huntsville, and they ALL sold out within like the first 2 hours of being on sale. I didn't make enough money to press more, because I was being a dumb**** and charged only 2 dollars, so for the next one (which will come out sometime in February), I will charge 5 dollars, it will have more bands on it, and be better quality.

Also from what I understand The Discources will most likely have an EP out by then, as will Upstuck, and my band (The NRA).

Oh and if any of you wanna get a deal with us to put out your records, just post it here, because for some reason, my PM box is always ****ing up, or e-mail me @ thenrasucksreallybad@hotmail.com
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #69
JH013
...
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
woah this thread is pretty cool... i gotta read some of this stuff later, but heres the rock club where all the big bands and local bands play.

The Masquerade
695 North Ave Atlanta, Ga 30308
Phone 404.577.8178 Fax 404 577.7460



local bands can also get gigs at the hard rock downtown...
JH013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:34 PM   #70
Lead4Tardigrade
Banned
 
Lead4Tardigrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In Perfect Isolation
Hey Whyvern: Once I get my band going n get some songs recorded n such maybe you could put out a record. We're gonna be kinda grungey....not so "punk" i suppose but I may send you a demo if we ever record.

Lead4Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:41 PM   #71
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
Quote:
Originally posted by Lead4Tardigrade
Hey Whyvern: Once I get my band going n get some songs recorded n such maybe you could put out a record. We're gonna be kinda grungey....not so "punk" i suppose but I may send you a demo if we ever record.



we sign all kinds of bands, not just punk.

We are thinking of signing this guy who does all this progressive stuff with guitar and is a solo artist and is ****ing amazing who is from huntsville.

So basically, yeah most likely, if you get a demo, we can put out your record.
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:35 AM   #72
Berlioz97
Numbah One in Da Hood G
 
Berlioz97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fresno, California
Quote:
Originally posted by whyvern
Allrighty, here's the story on the comp.

I pressed like 25 of them to sell in Huntsville, and they ALL sold out within like the first 2 hours of being on sale. I didn't make enough money to press more, because I was being a dumb**** and charged only 2 dollars, so for the next one (which will come out sometime in February), I will charge 5 dollars, it will have more bands on it, and be better quality.

Also from what I understand The Discources will most likely have an EP out by then, as will Upstuck, and my band (The NRA).

Oh and if any of you wanna get a deal with us to put out your records, just post it here, because for some reason, my PM box is always ****ing up, or e-mail me @ thenrasucksreallybad@hotmail.com


Seriously dude?
Wow! Good stuff. Oh, clear the "sent" folder of your pm box.

The new copies will not have real punk blues, am I correct?
Berlioz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:08 AM   #73
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
yeah the new one will have Banjo Pete instead, I'll IM someone in the discourses tonight and them that one.

My PM is clean now, sorry for all that
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #74
B-wiZe
Registered User
 
B-wiZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: nyc
when is the new one coming out? cuz im getting a bass for christmas and im planning to add bass to dfi dxh and heliotrope
__________________
www.myspace.com/indeepestsleep
B-wiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #75
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
late February.

are you gonna have an album released anytime soon?

we can put it out when you do
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:49 PM   #76
Lead4Tardigrade
Banned
 
Lead4Tardigrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In Perfect Isolation
Quote:
Originally posted by whyvern
we sign all kinds of bands, not just punk.

We are thinking of signing this guy who does all this progressive stuff with guitar and is a solo artist and is ****ing amazing who is from huntsville.

So basically, yeah most likely, if you get a demo, we can put out your record.


Cool beans. Plus I need to know how to record seeing as how I've never done it...I know we'll probably use a 4-track type thing but I'm lost on how to use it. We'll see tho...thanks again Whyvern.

Lead4Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #77
B-wiZe
Registered User
 
B-wiZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: nyc
Quote:
Originally posted by whyvern
late February.

are you gonna have an album released anytime soon?

we can put it out when you do


kk cool so ive got some time

about the album, ill think about it, because that would be beyond awesome. you rule

btw, whats the link to the moronic records site?
__________________
www.myspace.com/indeepestsleep
B-wiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #78
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
moronicrecords.tripod.com
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #79
Lead4Tardigrade
Banned
 
Lead4Tardigrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In Perfect Isolation
Quote:
Originally posted by whyvern
moronicrecords.tripod.com


The site didn't work for me. Anyone else that this happened to?

Lead4Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:22 AM   #80
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Caldogno, VI, Italia
we go over the bandwith alot, alot of people visit it.
__________________
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
whyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.