Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #20601
bdof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFez...fPk_jdH1kd6Xvx8

What a gawd awful, corny as hell, promo

Last edited by bdof : 03-17-2013 at 08:29 PM.
bdof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #20602
sXe170
Bammed.

sonnen one of the greatest fighters at LHW? LOL!
sXe170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #20603
Jawkster
Get rekt

so..
30-27 cote
LOL MARQUADT
fotn hendricks v condit for sure, that was awesome
the suckerslaps after the bell in main event
Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #20604
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos

This glory card has been amazing, Spong vs Bonjaski starting right now: http://www.viponlinesports.eu/boxin...eam-online.html
ninnipinni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #20605
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

That was a hell of a KO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #20606
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos

Yeah Spong is a beast, Remy didn't look very good though, he should probably retire.
ninnipinni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #20607
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

So MMA practitioners...

I'm thinking about going to a school in a few years when I move closer to the city. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to learn a certain discipline or form, instead of jumping straight into an MMA school. (I'm doing this for fun, and maybe compete, not to be a pro or anything)

I'm more interested in grappling ATM. My town has a BJJ place and a wrestling place. Does anyone recommend one more than the other? Is one of them more applicable to an MMA setting?

I'm still learning about martial arts culture and stuff, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I just figured it would be easier to focus on one aspect at a time.

Edit: also what do you guys think about Charles Gracie schools? are they the real deal or what?

But I will always find a way to survive

Last edited by StopReadingThis : 03-23-2013 at 11:28 PM.
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #20608
Ippon
Amped

Are you on the Bay Area? There are so many.

I'd go with Wrestling, if you're still in school (free) and Boxing (PAL).
Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #20609
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

I live by Reno Nevada.
i'm not in high school anymore, if that's what you mean.

But there is a pro wrestling school in town, but I'm not sure if it's the same as traditional wrestling like in high school. here's their site if you wanna see: http://www.renowrestlefactory.com/

And what is PAL?

Last edited by StopReadingThis : 03-23-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #20610
Ippon
Amped

PAL = Police Activities League ... usually for kids.

Most schools offer a free session to entice customers - take advantage. Without knowing your experience/level and what your core strengths are, it's pretty difficult to make recommendations.

Also, watch a few of their training sessions, they'll give you ideas of what to expect.

IpponEdit: ^ You got me. Pro Wrestling, I have no idea.

Last edited by Ippon : 03-24-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #20611
Peaceful Rocker
Banned

lol. Pro wrestling school consist of hours of tedious acting lessons

On a side note,,. what are everyone's opinion on pro wrestling?

When I was a youngster I loved the shit.. but I sort of outgrew it and started following boxing/MMA instead a few years afterwards. I still do respect pro wrestlers though, they work constantly in shows that aren't televised and are great athletes usually.. but its just too cheesy. I think it might have been better when I was younger.. or I was just dumber and easily entertained.. I dunno

Last edited by Peaceful Rocker : 03-24-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Peaceful Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #20612
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon
PAL = Police Activities League ... usually for kids.

Most schools offer a free session to entice customers - take advantage. Without knowing your experience/level and what your core strengths are, it's pretty difficult to make recommendations.

Also, watch a few of their training sessions, they'll give you ideas of what to expect.

IpponEdit: ^ You got me. Pro Wrestling, I have no idea.

Well thanks for the reply anyway.

I've no real experience, except for freestyle sparring with some friends a while back. I guess I'll just have to demo each school, and go from there.

And I think I'm gonna skip the pro-wrestling

Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #20613
Jawkster
Get rekt

learn ufc
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #20614
Grey Dynasty
Yesterday to Tomorrow

Just to muse over a new topic here, why is Rory Mac ranked/rated so highly?

Don't get me wrong, he's a beast and going to be champion sooner rather than later, but based purely on his credentials...

In the UFC he's fought (wikipedia check for a few guys), Guymon, Pyle, Diaz, Condit, Mills, and BJ. Oh and he submitted Jordan Mein like six years ago.

Guymon went 1-3 in the UFC
Diaz is a lightweight who beat Marcus Davis and Rory Markham at WW. Yay.
Condit beat him. Good fight, he won the first and second rounds.
Mills sucked in the UFC
Pyle is a good fighter, but has never beaten a top 15ish opponent
And BJ sucks dick at 170.

Basically people are liking him because he fought Condit well, beat up fat BJ (i know, he was in shape, but when Penn doesn't look like a beast, he's fat BJ ) and beats up on mid level fighters.
Grey Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #20615
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful Rocker
lol. Pro wrestling school consist of hours of tedious acting lessons

On a side note,,. what are everyone's opinion on pro wrestling?

When I was a youngster I loved the shit.. but I sort of outgrew it and started following boxing/MMA instead a few years afterwards. I still do respect pro wrestlers though, they work constantly in shows that aren't televised and are great athletes usually.. but its just too cheesy. I think it might have been better when I was younger.. or I was just dumber and easily entertained.. I dunno

It was cool but then it got shit... it used to be badass but then they made it all family friendly. It sucks because it was awesome right up until the point that I started watching which must have been a while ago now. Smackdown was awesome, I would just watch that every week but it progressively got worse and worse. Now it's unbearable to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
isabiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #20616
Steve08

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
So MMA practitioners...

I'm thinking about going to a school in a few years when I move closer to the city. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to learn a certain discipline or form, instead of jumping straight into an MMA school. (I'm doing this for fun, and maybe compete, not to be a pro or anything)

I'm more interested in grappling ATM. My town has a BJJ place and a wrestling place. Does anyone recommend one more than the other? Is one of them more applicable to an MMA setting?

I'm still learning about martial arts culture and stuff, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I just figured it would be easier to focus on one aspect at a time.
Most usually don't start MMA training right away, though I believe Georges St-Pierre is an exception. I'd say wrestling is probably better for a beginner as a lot of people flounder on the ground when they have little grappling experience, which is all wrestling is. Submissions are important (some would say necessary) to learn as well, but if you can't really get on top of someone to pull them off then you're kinda screwed. In wrestling you learn to defend against takedowns as well as give them, and also throw/trip people while grappling standing-up, which is very important, especially if you want to develop baller striking skills then dismantle people standing up (or on top of them on the ground) without being taken down, cause real good stand-up's just more exciting than the dozens of guys in UFC who all fight like Jon Fitch. Like, go check out the first Forest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar fight, and compare it to anything by GSP (great, great fighter... not exciting to watch at all though).

My personal favorite shit overall and main focus of study is definitely Muay Thai, though. It's not the answer to everything in MMA, but it is more or less the most brutal and effective way of striking seen inside the octagon, and it's pretty much all cardio training as well so it's really not hard to get into. You also learn to actually block punches/kicks, which is kinda uncommon in MMA for some reason, maybe because the gloves are so small and a lot of guys are used to being able to just cover up to avoid getting blasted in training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dynasty
Just to muse over a new topic here, why is Rory Mac ranked/rated so highly?
I'd say it's probably because people like young guys with lots of potential, which he definitely has. Plus, I wouldn't say he's ranked "so" highly overall, cause he's definitely a few fights away from a title shot. Penn is #21 at WW, but he's still a pretty big name which also probably helps MacDonald's standing a bit, and MacDonald is on a four-fight winning streak as well, so he's in a pretty good spot in his career, which presents a decent basis for fandom overall imo. I think he has been injured like four times within the past two years, though, which really isn't good. He definitely could be a title contender if he just stopped getting hurt so much

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #20617
bdof

Rory's ranked high because he's on the verge of being the Jon Jones of WW.

Jon Jones' biggest win was vs Bader and Vera before getting a title shot, didn't make him any less of a killer. Though I have to admit, after just watching Bader vs Jones on UFC Unleashed, I didn't even recognize the Jon Jones in that fight. He got SOOOOOOOOO much better in only 1 1/2 months vs Shogun.

Rory is a REAL prodigy. The kind that grew up doing MMA instead of just one or two martial arts.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #20618
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

condit will beat him again.

they should do rory vs condit on FOX in a 5 round main event.

that is a real test for that kid.
he wont break condit and carlos wont get tired.
lets see what that kids really ****ing made of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceonaut
You'd fall in love? GAY! Quit gaying up this already gay thread.

get at me on xbox1: gnarkoala
currently on EA UFC
waiting for Destiny
the_white_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #20619
the_white_bunny
legalize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
Rory's ranked high because he's on the verge of being the Jon Jones of WW.

Jon Jones' biggest win was vs Bader and Vera before getting a title shot, didn't make him any less of a killer. Though I have to admit, after just watching Bader vs Jones on UFC Unleashed, I didn't even recognize the Jon Jones in that fight. He got SOOOOOOOOO much better in only 1 1/2 months vs Shogun.

Rory is a REAL prodigy. The kind that grew up doing MMA instead of just one or two martial arts.

if gegard wins his fight against gustafsson i think he could beat jones.
the guys the real ****ing deal at 205 id pretty much pick him over any one at 205.
everyone talks shit because hes had a total of 4 poor performances out of nearly 40 fights.
the guys record is something ridiculous like 32-3-1 against pretty damn high level dudes.

edit:hes 33𣛨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceonaut
You'd fall in love? GAY! Quit gaying up this already gay thread.

get at me on xbox1: gnarkoala
currently on EA UFC
waiting for Destiny

Last edited by the_white_bunny : 03-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.
the_white_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #20620
bdof

He has ZERO chance vs Jones, dude.

Also, if y'all didn't watch TUF tonight, watch the 2nd fight. That was probably one of the better fights I've seen all year, regardless of PPV, FOX, Beletor, or Strikeforce. Epic Rocky IV-esque finish

Rate This Thread: