User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 AM   #61
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charles
Thanks so much for the support everyone.

For anyone that is interested in ordering a copy of the 'The Aurora Veil', email:

neobliviscaris.merch@gmail.com

and we'll send you out a copy.

I just checked out your demos from the link and I loved it, especially As Icicles Fall. How much is it per copy, and can I send a check or shall I paypal? I'll email you guys to order. Thanks.

Art & Lutherie
darkstar2466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #62
pistols
i no longer like chicken

holy **** these guys are amazing...tim, you guys should play canberra soon...you'll get a **** turnout cos canberra sucks for metal gigs, unless you want to do a mixed bill with a bunch of ****ty generic metalcore bands...but **** man, you guys are so good.

now i've just got to save up the pennies to get a demo...

that is what girls find attractive.
pistols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #63
JimmyTheRipper
He rips things.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the support everyone.

For anyone that is interested in ordering a copy of the 'The Aurora Veil', email:

neobliviscaris.merch@gmail.com

and we'll send you out a copy.

Omfg, THANK YOU. -emails-
JimmyTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #64
Tim Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistols
holy **** these guys are amazing...tim, you guys should play canberra soon...you'll get a **** turnout cos canberra sucks for metal gigs, unless you want to do a mixed bill with a bunch of ****ty generic metalcore bands...but **** man, you guys are so good.

now i've just got to save up the pennies to get a demo...

Once we have a new lead guitarist sorted and trained up, we'll be doing a full Australian tour which will likely include Canberra. Dates are unknown at the moment, but it'll hopefully be summer 2007/2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar2466
I just checked out your demos from the link and I loved it, especially As Icicles Fall. How much is it per copy, and can I send a check or shall I paypal? I'll email you guys to order. Thanks.

CD's are $10 Aus. Postage is free within Australia, add $5 if you're elsewhere in the world. We do have paypal, so if you fire off an email our merch peeps will organise payment for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheRipper
Omfg, THANK YOU. -emails-

No, thank YOU for buying the CD and supporting NeO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideac
Tim, how in the world did you guys manage such good production?! That's mind boggling.

Our music has a lot of depth to it, which means good production is essential or else you lose so many of the layers and elements within each song (Our producer described NeO as the hardest band he'd ever had to mix). For us it was a case of making sure we spent a real amount of money on a good producer (Endel Rivers), regardless of it being 'just a demo', and that we took the time that was necessary to make sure the end result was high quality all around. We didn't want to put our name to any release that we weren't proud of.

Having said that, the production on the album should far surpass that on the demo. So will the performances (note: this recording was the first time NeO ever went into a pro studio), as we've all improved and learnt a lot over the past 6+ months. We know more about what sound we're after, and will hopefully have a good label supporting us soon as well.

More than anything though, we're all very appreciative of the massive support we're getting from fans and press and can't wait until we get to do the full length (which is basically almost finished being written) and hopefully if the great support for NeO continues to spread like it has been we'll be able to come overseas on tour to play for everyone that hasn't had the opportunity to see us yet in the not too distant future.
Tim Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #65
CaptainOfSmug
Morbid Mushroom

Wow, I love how the band members come to UG, it's really awesome. And this band is just ace in my opinion. I plan to be ordering the CD by tonight... Will it have a booklet and all? I'm assuming it will for $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
CaptainOfSmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #66
Mr. President
da prez

Who are you guys gonna tour with? And could you give us a ballpark estimate of when the full-length is gonna come out?

Fly on...
Return our chance for life

Gamertag: typoofreality
BIG FRIGGIN SIG
Fan of John Petrucci?
PWNAGE (CLICK!)
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #67
Dogruitag

Keep it up guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Terrifying. Makes me glad I'm a satanist and a metal-head. I may be going to hell, but I got kick-ass music.
Dogruitag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #68
insideac
is present!

Btw Tim, this is alonso

Need logos/layouts/sites/merch designs?

Contorted Visuals
insideac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #69
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOfSmug
Wow, I love how the band members come to UG, it's really awesome. And this band is just ace in my opinion. I plan to be ordering the CD by tonight... Will it have a booklet and all? I'm assuming it will for $10.

I just ordered myself a copy. And yea, it's f*cking awesome how members of a great band like this go on UG.

Art & Lutherie
darkstar2466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #70
mike130
UG Newbie

You guys deserve all this praise, and I'm getting a copy as soon as I can convince my parents to order this demo.

Also, it's extremely cool that band members come on UG.

mike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #71
unfathomable_bo
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Yeah I'm not usually easy to impress, mainly because I'm a grumpy old bastard, but Tapestry grabbed me by the neck

www.myspace.com/neuromametal
unfathomable_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #72
ch715dallat
BTBAM=Godly

i just listened to them videos there, and i dont know what the big fuss is apart from their drummer their pretty unimpressive tbh, but their drummer is the sex.
ch715dallat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #73
megaderrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch715dallat
i just listened to them videos there, and i dont know what the big fuss is apart from their drummer their pretty unimpressive tbh, but their drummer is the sex.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I personally think the vocals, drums, guitars, violin, production, and even the bass (especially at the very end of "Tapestry...") all = kickass.
megaderrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #74
petrucci is god

so Tim are you signed yet and if so when can we expect an album?
petrucci is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #75
Clownmite
Registered Loser

Quote:
CD's are $10 Aus. Postage is free within Australia, add $5 if you're elsewhere in the world. We do have paypal, so if you fire off an email our merch peeps will organise payment for you.

Do you know how much I'd be paying in American dollars for the demo and shipping? Is there any way to do it by credit card as well, since I don't have paypal?

Also do you have shirts or anything else available?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #76
Tim Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOfSmug

The CD is in a cardboard slip, so no booklet. The packaging will be more extensive for the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. President
Who are you guys gonna tour with? And could you give us a ballpark estimate of when the full-length is gonna come out?

No idea who we will tour with at this stage. It could depend partly on who we sign with. But I'll you know a bit later down the track.

It's hard to estimate exactly when the album will be out, but we've almost finished writing it now, so essentially we're just auditioning new lead guitarists, organising a label and then will be recording. Ballpark....2008. But hopefully early to mid 2008 if all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmite
Do you know how much I'd be paying in American dollars for the demo and shipping? Is there any way to do it by credit card as well, since I don't have paypal?

Also do you have shirts or anything else available?

I think the Oz dollar is worth about 80 cents US at the moment, which means including shipping it would be about $12.50 US. That's not exact, but it would be pretty close. Email: neobliviscaris.merch@gmail.com and I'm sure they'll be able to work out a method of payment that works for you.

And Yes we do have t-shirts for sale. Those are $20 Aus. Follow the link to a thread on our forum with pictures of the current design:
http://www.sinister.com.au/_forum/i...?showtopic=1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci is god
so Tim are you signed yet and if so when can we expect an album?

We've only just begun talking to labels now, and we'll be spending a couple months assessing all our options, but we've had interest already so I'm sure we'll be signing with somebody before the year is out. (See above for when album could be out response)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaderrick
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Absolutely. Especially with the music we're creating which I would like to think is unique in its overall sound; not everyone is going to understand or appreciate what you're trying to do. But that's just the nature of the music. All I hope for is that people take the time to listen to our music and give us a chance.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #77
Tim Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar2466
I just ordered myself a copy. And yea, it's f*cking awesome how members of a great band like this go on UG.

Hope you enjoy the CD!

We really appreciate all those who support NeO, and hence we always try to make an effort to directly respond to fans comments whether they be on myspace, or on a forum we stumble across like this one if we have the time.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:28 AM   #78
pistols
i no longer like chicken

oh yeah, one more thing...when you come to canberra, can you play an all ages show? we hardly ever get any good all ages metal here...

that is what girls find attractive.
pistols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #79
Clownmite
Registered Loser

Not to turn this thread into a question and answer thing, but you said that the upcoming album will have all the demo tracks on it as well as new songs?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 AM   #80
Tim Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistols
oh yeah, one more thing...when you come to canberra, can you play an all ages show? we hardly ever get any good all ages metal here...

I can promise we'll try, but I can't promise it'll happen. Hopefully though.

Rate This Thread: