Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #81
kingjiyoon
extraordinary horny

noob question: is agile related with gibson?
kingjiyoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #82
kingjiyoon
extraordinary horny

ok just making sure
kingjiyoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #83
Victor Manuel

Victor Manuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #84
JimPlaysGuitar
I R Jim

Woop, I fixed mine today. New knobs too.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #85
bknife

Didn't want to make a new thread. I was thinking of getting this guitar because I like the color.
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3100sptbl.html

But I wanted to know, I've never seen a bridge like that before. What's different about it? Does it have better sustain?
bknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 AM   #86
mike25569

My Agile 3000 is <3.
mike25569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #87
thedonutman

I want/need a Agile Interceptor Pro (7 string)

Is it possible to get one in the UK?

Im talking about the neckthru one with the EMGs, not the standard bolt on one.
thedonutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #88
OsirisProtocol
PRS Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Manuel

My word that guitar is sexy. I want one now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknife
Didn't want to make a new thread. I was thinking of getting this guitar because I like the color.

But I wanted to know, I've never seen a bridge like that before. What's different about it? Does it have better sustain?

Someone over on AGF bought the model with a P90 in the neck and in black finish. Loves the guitar just got it routed for a stop tail. I think its a cool guitar I just don't like the trapeze system. It will probable have more string tension but I really don't know. If anything since it doesn't have stop tail posts you could get a Bigsby installed and have a real kick ass guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonutman
I want/need a Agile Interceptor Pro (7 string)

Is it possible to get one in the UK?

Im talking about the neckthru one with the EMGs, not the standard bolt on one.

Its probably possible. You just have to contact Kurt to get the shipping cleared up. Also there may not be any chance of returns on a shipment like that though but talk to Kurt because I'm not sure.

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
OsirisProtocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #89
Green_Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknife

Oh man that guitar is beautiful... I would get that if I didn't already have my AL-2000.

I put DiMarzio's in my Agile, a PAF Pro in the neck and an EVO 2 in the bridge. I coil tapped the PAF Pro and redid all the electronics on it. It sounds 1000x times better now (not saying it sounded bad before). I have so much love for Agile and Rondo in general. I have an Agile acoustic-electric and a Brice 6 string bass and all are great. The thing I love the most is that they have such great left handed models at so cheap.

I'm looking at buying an SX strat copy now. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks.
Green_Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #90
OsirisProtocol
PRS Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Sponge
I'm looking at buying an SX strat copy now. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks.

I'm looking into picking one up also. I've heard good things about them. Great project guitars. The only issue I have heard come up from time to time is that the hardware is crap but that is too be expected from the price. You gotta save money some how and the necks and bodies alone are worth the price in some cases.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #91
guitar_infidel
Alvin Lee Disciple

if a guitar goes out of stock on rondo, how long until they get one back in? the model im interested in is the AL-3000 Slim Taper neck.
Big Muff Pi.
guitar_infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #92
OsirisProtocol
PRS Protocol

Rondo does major restocks two to three times a year. Contact Kurt for specific model restocks.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #93
guitar_infidel
Alvin Lee Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisProtocol
Rondo does major restocks two to three times a year. Contact Kurt for specific model restocks.

ok thanks.
Big Muff Pi.
guitar_infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #94
Green_Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisProtocol
I'm looking into picking one up also. I've heard good things about them. Great project guitars. The only issue I have heard come up from time to time is that the hardware is crap but that is too be expected from the price. You gotta save money some how and the necks and bodies alone are worth the price in some cases.

Yeah, the necks and bodies are great. I'd expect to change the pickups anyhow. Hardware can get expensive, but I think it'd be a good experience for me to switch those out too. Most other places an unfinished body alone is usually over $100, so even if you just look at it as a body and neck, that's still a great deal. Now I just gotta save some money lol.
Green_Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #95
OsirisProtocol
PRS Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Sponge
Yeah, the necks and bodies are great. I'd expect to change the pickups anyhow. Hardware can get expensive, but I think it'd be a good experience for me to switch those out too. Most other places an unfinished body alone is usually over $100, so even if you just look at it as a body and neck, that's still a great deal. Now I just gotta save some money lol.

You and me both when it comes to the money. if this job interview comes through I part of my first check is going to a SX strat.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #96
mydogpoops

How are the Agile Strat copies? I know they've been mentioned above, but how would they relate to a MIM?

mydogpoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #97
johnro6659
The Penguin of Death

I have never seen, played or even heard of Agile until I joined this forum. It seems to me that they get great reveiws for the most part. I would love to try a few out and see for myself. Rondo Music is pretty close to me but they say thier showroom is now closed. I would have liked to check out the Explorer or V type guitars by Agile. I did some searches and only found Agile guitars at Rondo is this their exclusive brand?
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #98
Axecutioner

Yep Agile is only sold through Rondo exclusively.

And to mydogpoops,
I have an ST-1000 FAT and the thing is great, I think it easily blows away and MIM Fat Strat. The ST-1000 has some pretty nice hardware (Wilkinson 2 point trem, Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners <-not really locking but they get the job done). I have heard people don't really like the pickups on the single coil version but you could probably throw in new ones at the price of an MIM.
Axecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #99
johnro6659
The Penguin of Death

Thanks, I emailed them to see if there was anyway to check them out but they do not have an open showroom anymore. I hate to buy a guitar blind even though I have thru Ebay and lucked out so far. Kurt said sorry but there is no way that i can try out any guitars. I was looking at the Explorer or V. I like the non traditional shaped guitars and I really don't have an Explorer type guitar except for an old Hondo Explorer bass that I changed the fretted neck to a fretless neck. I am not far from Rondo and I was hoping they had a brick and mortar store. Oh well maybe I can bump into someone local that has one i can try out.
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #100
OsirisProtocol
PRS Protocol

If your in the NY area your free to try mine. But you could always buy from Kurt and if you hate the guitar for some reason just send it back. Kurt has a great return policy.

Rate This Thread: