Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
457undead
Minnesotan

I thought you guys might be interested in this, a lot of people on reddit are fed up

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/com...out_and_say_it/

Currently the most up voted thing on the reddit guitar subreddit of all time, specifically because how annoying the UG tabs/app is.

Some points they made

People who already paid for the app are being bugged to buy more stuff

The first chord of the song always plays when you open up the tab, this is VERY annoying.

And many more, just read what people are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
457undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
Joshua Garcia
Baby Joels favorite brand

Oh. Another thread whining about ads? As if this hasn't been done a million times. *sigh*

Advertisement keeps the site alive. Sure, it can be a little buggy (probably the ONLY thing worth complaining about in this whole thread), but if they didn't do it, there wouldn't be a UG, so suck it up and stop complaining. You can deal with, what, like, 30 SECONDS out of your ever soo busy life.

There's not even any suggestion here. If you want to point out a few whiny redditors, then do it somewhere else. Not that anyone here seems interested in reddit to begin with, though.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
457undead
Minnesotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Oh. Another thread whining about ads? As if this hasn't been done a million times. *sigh*

Advertisement keeps the site alive. Sure, it can be a little buggy (probably the ONLY thing worth complaining about in this whole thread), but if they didn't do it, there wouldn't be a UG, so suck it up and stop complaining. You can deal with, what, like, 30 SECONDS out of your ever soo busy life.

There's not even any suggestion here. If you want to point out a few whiny redditors, then do it somewhere else. Not that anyone here seems interested in reddit to begin with, though.

People who pay shouldn't have to see them.

Quote:
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #4
MeTallIcA313
Generic Teenage Username

I too have realized viewing tabs on mobile is frustrating. But then I asked myself: Why am I viewing tabs on my 4 in phone screen when I could use a computer?
MeTallIcA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:26 AM   #5
457undead
Minnesotan

This is one comment

"users don't like intrusive ads. Your product is your user base, which you sell to advertisers. No product, no sales. Of course, you also rely on your users being willing participants. Fortunately for us, unfortunately for you, we have tools like AdBlock Plus with which we can negate intrusive ads. That said, this is used as a mechanism to protect our computers and ourselves against the aggressive, and frankly offensive, methods by which you've chosen to advertise to us. Fortunately for you, though, AdBlock Plus offers a list of criteria that ads must meet to not be blocked by ABP . This isn't actually a difficult set of rules to meet, or unreasonable. You are welcome to sell my page hits to advertisers if you meet the above criteria with your ads. Otherwise, though, I do not consent to being sold and so your advertisements will not reach me in any manner you could legally undertake."

Quote:
Old 12-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Eastwinn
locks from the inside

lol philip posted there
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #7
the glue man
beep

International

I'm a long-time user and I would like to see UG become more like Reddit, and due to its popularity, I think that UG would benefit greatly from having a more user-based voting system like Reddit. A democratic system would also increase accuracy in information. With the unfortunate loss of some forums that I have enjoyed and learned from over the years, like the punk forum, I am sure that UG is experiencing harder times than before more highly integrated social media like Reddit (and I am a Redditor now). I suppose integrating the lessons/columns/forums would be it.

Ultimate-Guitar (mods and admins), please consider this positive change, and make this website a meaningful experience again.

RECAÍDA

TUMBLR

Last edited by the glue man : Yesterday at 07:50 AM.
the glue man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: