Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #1
MCRMY119
UG's Bohab Extraordinaire

Tab Rubric/Admin Questions

I've been posting tabs for several years now. When the submission interface changed, I never bothered with reading the rubric because I never had any complaints from admins.

However, I noticed that some of my recent tabs had been edited between my submitting them and them being posted. I was kinda annoyed at first because no one notified me about it. Then I noticed that whoever edited my tab had completely skipped over some repeated measures and left them out. They pasted the first measure of a "BREAK" section but left out the two other measures.

I tab out GWAR and GWAR side-project songs. That is to say, not the most well-known music. If an admin is going to edit my submissions, I'd prefer that they at least double check to see if they did it right.

I also want to know exactly how to have two simultaneous guitar parts written out in the new form. I used to just bridge the two measures with a line. Apparently, that's incorrect, but I didn't see any proper way to denote two simultaneous guitar parts in the rubric. Do I use an author's note?
MCRMY119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
Fox-x-x
Admin (tabs content)

Hi!
We really appreciate that you post tabs on UG and we also understand that it's your work and it took you a lot of time to create these tabs. But we all have to keep in mind that people are viewing and using your tabs. There're several standards which most people are used to and which help to understand tabs better and use them in the most comfortable way.
You can always restore your tab to a previous version but please make sure it more or less corresponds to UG standards and other people won't have problems using it.
Fox-x-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
MCRMY119

Alright, I've made my peace with it. However, I want to know how to properly tab two simultaneous guitar parts, like a lead/rhythm harmony split. There's nothing in the rubric about it.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #4
NeoMvsEu
Sing the anthem of life

I'm just going to make an example with 4 lines ( la lead/rhythm bass?)

Either
scenario 1

OR

scenario 2

(with the assumption that you're going to close all the bar and staff lines. Rhythm and lead order are interchangeable, so long as you label who plays what.)
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
NeoMvsEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #5
MCRMY119

I used a similar style to that second example, but it was completely undone by an admin, so that's why I asked. Hopefully this time, it won't. Thank you.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:18 AM   #6
Fox-x-x
Admin (tabs content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRMY119
I used a similar style to that second example, but it was completely undone by an admin, so that's why I asked. Hopefully this time, it won't. Thank you.

Hi!
You can use either 1-st or the 2-nd style. It doesn't really make sense now. But make sure your tab is useful for other users.
Fox-x-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: