Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #521
claytonhadden

To Whom might care:
This site has amazing potential, most of which is already achieved and continues to evolve each day, but there is something that has to stop. I understand that the site does not charge people for their use, but if I have to close 'Step it Up 3D' or 'Date Night' one more time because it invades the tab's link I may just have to put a price on the head of the marketing douche for the site. If you are the incomprehensibly annoying prick who decided that ads should expand to fill the entire screen and disable the links that are attracting people here in the first place, then I offer you a personal message: Go F yourself. Hell, i'd even consider paying a little or "donating" so I don't have to put up with this trite annoyance. Am I alone on this, or do others agree that enough is enough on the invading ads.

P.s. It has been months since the site said that an android compatable version of the new Ultimate-Guitar app was on the way. There are other phones out there besides the Apples you know, so why not "Step it Up" since you are so fond of that anyways.
claytonhadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #522
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

just use a pop-up blocker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #523
SpacedOut
UG Chat Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonhadden
To Whom might care:
This site has amazing potential, most of which is already achieved and continues to evolve each day, but there is something that has to stop. I understand that the site does not charge people for their use, but if I have to close 'Step it Up 3D' or 'Date Night' one more time because it invades the tab's link I may just have to put a price on the head of the marketing douche for the site. If you are the incomprehensibly annoying prick who decided that ads should expand to fill the entire screen and disable the links that are attracting people here in the first place, then I offer you a personal message: Go F yourself. Hell, i'd even consider paying a little or "donating" so I don't have to put up with this trite annoyance. Am I alone on this, or do others agree that enough is enough on the invading ads.

P.s. It has been months since the site said that an android compatable version of the new Ultimate-Guitar app was on the way. There are other phones out there besides the Apples you know, so why not "Step it Up" since you are so fond of that anyways.

Being threatening towards the people who created this FREE site for you? Gee good going. Grow up.

I agree the ads are annoying, I do use an ad blocker but sometimes they bypass.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #524
TechnicolorType
<33333333334567

In the profile, we always have notifications to new things such as private messages, friend requests, and mp3 subscriptions.

If someone accepts your friend request, you receive a notification. After viewing that notification, there's an option titled "don't show this again" and by selecting that it won't keep telling you that there's a new accepted friend request.

I'm suggesting this be added for mp3 subscriptions. If you view a new mp3 subscription, the notification doesn't disappear.
I can't stand seeing "1 new" every single time I go to my profile. No matter how many times I click on it, it doesn't go away. The only solution is just waiting for it to expire.
TechnicolorType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #525
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!

It'd be nice if there was a link on someone's profile, to see their signature. I only ask, because I turned off sigs, as I generally have no interest in them, but if i see one of those really poorly worded dodgy adbot-y posts, i have to go turn on signatures, to see if they are an adbot, or just not good at English.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #526
dylan08
UGS 2ND ONLY TWIN(Dunc09)

what if when you receive a notification, an icon appears on the ''profile'' button at the top of the page?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #527
Heideck

I'm living in the province of Quebec (Canada) and can't I can't win prize like the Jam PArty because I'm living in Quebec.MY suggestion is to chance this rule
Heideck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #528
Larry Masterson

My suggestions are these:
1) How about a "Today's Rock 'n' Roll Birthdays" column!
2) How about a "Today in Rock 'n' Roll History" column! Highlight epic concerts, classic festivals, album releases, single releases, deaths of stars, etc.
Larry Masterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #529
southpaw_tdg
UG's Wombat

could you put in a "sort by" button when searching forums?

i look for musician ads in Billings MT and i have to go through Pit and stuff

if i could just see the category or sort them by category, date, hot, ect...
southpaw_tdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #530
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ I think you can search by forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #531
g3cdp

This site was the best tab site in the web, and became a the site with more blocked tabs in the web.
All the tabs are blocked.
At least we could know who posted them to talk with that person to send the tab personaly
g3cdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #532
baratusyj

is it possible to dwl your personal tab library in 1 zip file
coud be nice to do it ..woud be less painfull
baratusyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #533
romancefer
Banned

We need wholesale coach handbags!
romancefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #534
Till From Kenig

Quote:
Originally Posted by romancefer
We need wholesale coach handbags!

Yeah, sure, why not?
Till From Kenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #535
wahappen
UG NMA Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Till From Kenig
Yeah, sure, why not?

lol

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
wahappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #536
mmossorgin

I have the same problem as listed earlier but can't get to any link. How do you get rid of the "1" on the app link? Clicking on it just takes me to the same place with no messages. Thanks!
mmossorgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #537
bennyb61

It would be nice to be able to import your library of songs in Ultimate Guitar and once a song is played you can bring up it's chords and lyrics. I know you can use the "now playing" feature but you can only do that by first playing your song then logging into UG and finding the tabs. It would be great to have all your music played within the app to avoid the bouncing back and forth.
bennyb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #538
Anime_tabs_

Hey people,

I am brand new here and I already see something that bugs me

Are all emotes belonging to DeviantART.com They use the same code and everything (except for rant) Granted that rant was edited just a little (shortened and the hands are white) But everything else is intact.
May I have an explanation to this please?
Anime_tabs_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 AM   #539
lVlaniac

Ive seen that my tabs have an individual count hit. I think it would be cool to have a total count hit.

Like:

You have uploaded xx number of tabs [xxxxxx] (views)
lVlaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #540
jdd9874
Banned

Please post only Suggestions and ideas for UGP. About bugs please report in another thread, in Site Bugs forum. Thanks!

jdd9874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: