Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #541
lVlaniac

I think there should be a medal system or something. I mean, not everyday you get to tab enough (or good enough) for you to be on the monthly Top 100 or even worldwide list. Maybe there should be a space below the profile where you could display your achievements, like:

This user ranked 78th on our Top 100 tabbers for the month of October 2011.

I think it would be fun to have your acomplishments displayed on your profile.
lVlaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 AM   #542
bastards
Dirigo

how about a video system that gets linked to certain tabs? that way we can see each other play out crazy train or whatever thing it is. maybe a top 10 where we can vote (maybe not comment) on the best versions or something along those lines.

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #543
kitajc

why u made blocks for countrys? i cant get stairway to heaven xS please remove blocks
kitajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #544
Offworld92
One among the fence.

I've actually been thinking of this for a long time now, but can we get a "Favorite Drummers" and "Favorite Vocalists" section in the "Interests" category? Seems unfair/biased to only recognize guitarists and bassists.

Also, would be good to have some kind of general "Misc Musicians", or "Favorite Misc Instrumentalists", not sure how it would be best titled, for musicians who play more traditional instruments like violin, cello, etc.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #545
bastards
Dirigo

Can we rip off facebook and have a feed? I'd like to know when people make new music and all that stuff (And people would know when I make new music aswell))

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #546
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

How come we can't use parentheses in a tab title for instance:

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Everlong (live acoustic)
Polly (New Wave)

Is it because the version number gets parentheses? Also a limited keyboard on band names. Why?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #547
stepco12345
#1 The Joshua Garcias Fan

Location: Backstage fawning over Joshua Garcia of The Joshua Garcias.
Suggestion for PM box on UGP: Have the action options at the TOP of your inbox / outbox, instead of underneath.

Last.FM

This is why I'm #Fresh.

Bob_Sacamano's name isn't Bob!
Baby Joel's name isn't Joel (nor Baby)!
My whole life has been a lie!
stepco12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #548
Crux_king

i think it would be awesome if you guys could code a slightly more forgiving search function for tabs. It would be nice if it was something similar to google's.
For example if i was to type in "rado head" it would be nice to get a "Did you mean Radio Head?" thing.

Thanks for the time

Crux
Crux_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #549
unyinz

An "edit" feature for comments would be pretty helpful.
unyinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #550
js81221

If someone quotes my comment in an article, review, or interview, I want a notifcation saying that someone has; somewhat like YouTube. So we can have a better discussing experience.
js81221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #551
LostLegion
resurrected

How about a search function for your own posts so you can look for posts you made long ago?

LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #552
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegion
How about a search function for your own posts so you can look for posts you made long ago?

If you do an advanced search (to the left of the searchbar) you can search by username, including your own. There's also a link on your profile that goes right to all of your posts.
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
AeroRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #553
Diamondrag
Ibanez93

I've noticed there is thousand of users on ultimate-guitar.com which haven't activated there account or been in active for two years or more?

I think if someone hasn't been active for a year they should have their account deleted.

Anyone agree??
Diamondrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #554
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

i'd say you'd need a bit less wide of a brush than that. I don't see why someone who's been inactive for a year but who has thousands of forum posts or contributions should have their account forcibly deleted possibly against their will.

but yeah if it's someone who's never posted and they've been inactive for 5 years, then maybe.

But i mean really it's not really a massive concern, it's not doing anyone any harm just leaving them there (assuming ug's not struggling for server space or whatever you call it).

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #555
Carmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i'd say you'd need a bit less wide of a brush than that. I don't see why someone who's been inactive for a year but who has thousands of forum posts or contributions should have their account forcibly deleted possibly against their will.

but yeah if it's someone who's never posted and they've been inactive for 5 years, then maybe.

But i mean really it's not really a massive concern, it's not doing anyone any harm just leaving them there (assuming ug's not struggling for server space or whatever you call it).

Your account is definitely taking a lot of server space...

But yeah, it's not a major concern or high on the priority list of things to improve and add around here.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #556
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

i'll have you know at least 4% of my posts are helpful

Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #557
marchoso
Boom

I can vouch for Dave. I always think of him when I see the energizer bunny.

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
marchoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #558
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

well that's one thing i never expected to be compared to. a sloth maybe

Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #559
CrimsonBizzare
spelt bizarre incorrectly

In the profile settings, there is a box for a 'Headline'. I seem to remember that this used to be displayed where my username is now displayed and my headline is now nowhere on my profile page, meaning it's redundant. Do I remember wrongly and it has never been used or has it been changed for some reason?

CrimsonBizzare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #560
BeardedBard

I have a large issue either regarding UG wording on this matter or UG's tab acceptance policy. There are many bands and artists that are not on UG. Some of them have official websites, others do not. I would like to see either that "please type a link to the band's official webpage in your tab (not exact wording but I tried)" be changed to something like "...official webpage, soundcloud page, or other official page with the artists material listed as being by the artist..." or something similar. A band should never be excluded from a tablature site simply due to their lack of an official webpage. Some artists even live in third world communities and produce or record on community owned and operated equipment. These artists could maybe have a community website for their entire population of artists in that community but that is a huge stretch and they probably aren't represented at all. I understand the need, however, to make sure a signed artist really is signed, and a simple link to their soundcloud will do so in cases such as mine where I submitted a tab for an artist that only had a soundcloud. Alright, the third world country bit is a little much I'll admit, but the soundcloud thing will help you out. Thank you for your time.
BeardedBard is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: