Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #41
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!

Location: Over the Hills and Far Away, and across The Ocean, sitting In the Light in a cottage in the village of Bron-Yr-Aur, where I Ramble On with a Living, Loving, Heartbreaking Maid, praying to the Gods of Rock in the Houses of the Holy.
^
I've had banned people posting comments in my profile before.

Also, I would like it if we could embed videos inside of Blogs. I don't know if that's possible right now or not and is just bugged or something, but I'm doing these "UG Video of the Day!" things with blogs in my profile, and would like to be able to just embed vids straight into the Blogs, rather than posting links.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin ****" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Page&HammettFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #42
timo1
Red and white

some one might have stolen this idea from my thread but oh well
How about we put something like a guitar 'whishlist' where you put all the gear you want to have buy dont have?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #43
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!

Location: Over the Hills and Far Away, and across The Ocean, sitting In the Light in a cottage in the village of Bron-Yr-Aur, where I Ramble On with a Living, Loving, Heartbreaking Maid, praying to the Gods of Rock in the Houses of the Holy.
I think you could just do Blogs for stuff like that, or put it in your "about me" section (I don't remember exactly what it's called...). Cool idea, but also, how many people do you think would honestly read something like that?

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin ****" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Page&HammettFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:04 AM   #44
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God

The fact that you can now have up to 500 Private Messages on the Profile page is great.

BUT...

Through the old system, you could enable a pop-up to appear whenever you got a new Private Message. This was great, since just logging on, or moving from one page to the next, you could be notified of a message.

Would it be possible to link the in-boxes to send pop-ups the same way as the old system? That would be ACE.

Thanks,
SYK
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
SomeoneYouKnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 AM   #45
timo1
Red and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page&HammettFan
I think you could just do Blogs for stuff like that, or put it in your "about me" section (I don't remember exactly what it's called...). Cool idea, but also, how many people do you think would honestly read something like that?

People who are looking to sell something
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #46
zwound
Rainbow plateau

Hey guys,

don't know if it's been posted before, but.. I was browsing the profiles today, and i managed to get an idea on how to make the whole browsing more ergonomical...

Basically, i found that it would be really cool if the MP3 player was separate from the whole site, and acting as a whole and playing the files you click on...

The problem with it right now is that if i play a song, i need to stick to that same page while listening to the song posted by a member. If i click on any other link whilst the song is playing, the song will cut out and it will take me away to the link destination.

My idea, was of having the mp3 player as a 'hovering' window that will still stay on the screen and keep playing the song wether or not you click on some other link on UG....

i hope you understood...might sound confusing....

and while you're already at it, you might aswell make a system that 'bulks up' the songs...so imagine that you're scanning through the website, and then you can just click on songs you wanna hear, and then they will just gather up all the songs into a playlist whilst you're on the site...and then you can just scan through the playlisted songs by pressing the 'next' or the 'previous' buttons on the hovering mp3 player...and also then be able to save the playlists somehow, so when you have a set of favourite songs, you can just add them to the player without needing to find them individually though the profiles every time you visit the site.

sounds good to me....what do you think?

All the best, greets and good luck!

~ Tan
zwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #47
gpderek09
GainZilla

^ a standalone player, is the term you're looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
gpderek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #48
MercWrc

i dont know if this is where i write, but i have a question, since the new site update, i was wondering how i get to my list of favorites, i cant seem to find them, i did it so i wouldnt have to search all the time....
MercWrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #49
thefoldarsoldar
UG Fanatic

When sending a message (and maybe some other text entry activities) to someone, you cannot paste links into the text box.

And I'd like to be able to paste stuff into text boxes.

Last edited by thefoldarsoldar : 08-26-2007 at 12:42 AM.
thefoldarsoldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:34 AM   #50
insideac
is present!

The PM box up in the corner of the forums should be linked to the profiles. It says I have 0 messages, while my profile has 4 messages

Need logos/layouts/sites/merch designs?

Contorted Visuals
insideac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM   #51
thefoldarsoldar
UG Fanatic

I would greatly appreciate a section of my profile that lists all the comments I've made, so that I can see if they've been replied to and whatnot.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #52
Burpin'Worm

On the new Favourites area in profiles there's no way (that I've found) to delete favourited tabs. I know that you can go to the actual tab's page, click add and it takes you to the old favourites page where there's a yellow x to delete favourited tabs, but that's not very user-friendly. I think there should be a delete button like there is for the other My Favourites sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang
Is there still a way to see what an online user is viewing? If so, where?

Click Currently Active Users on the main forum page.
Burpin'Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #53
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert

Also, it'd be great to put a "Quote" button underneath the comments, so you wouldn't have to type the code out.

By the way, if anyone wants to know how its [quote u='USERNAME']text[/quote]

And that includes the apostrophes.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #54
thefoldarsoldar
UG Fanatic

I would also like to be able to edit/delete comments.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #55
DarkWinterz

the new 'favorite tab' format is not as good as the orginal. it is less organized and there is no delete botton. so you cannot delete old songs and add new favorites.
DarkWinterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #56
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintITblack39
Also, it'd be great to put a "Quote" button underneath the comments, so you wouldn't have to type the code out.

By the way, if anyone wants to know how its

And that includes the apostrophes.
Thanks!

I tried to do that before, but I didn't know to add the apostrophes around the name. Or the space and the u

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoldarsoldar
I would also like to be able to edit/delete comments.
I rather like it the way it is. It would be nice to have a short window of time, so you could correct spelling errors. But not being able to change it later makes it so you have to think about what you say, or your stupidity will be immortalized.

You can delete comments on your own page, as it should be. ("Pfft! I don't have to take that kind of crap on my own turf.") Be careful. There is no "are you sure" feature. When you open the delete page, any comment you click on will be immediately deleted.
Quote:

Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew : 08-28-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #57
ninja monkey
That's The Ticket!

How about a way to search for groups??? unless there is one and I'm unaware.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #58
buckethead_jr

^Up at the top click 'Community' and there is a search thing, which you can search for groups on.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #59
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫

How about a delete group function...
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Dimebag22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #60
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God

My friends are warped!

Actually they're distorted. The "upgrade" in the display of friends is nice, in that it makes all the thumbnails a uniform size. That way, they all line up nicely. The addition of a star for the UG staff is a nice touch too. But the way it squats the tall pictures and squeezes the wide ones is a bit disconcerting. Do we need to only upload square pictures to keep this from happening, or could the program be modified to clip off the excess height or width? or perhaps use the largest dimensions to determine the reduction ratio and leave black bands on the outside of the short dimensions?

It's really kinda ugly the way it makes some of the pics look. We need to know if this is going to change, or if we need to make the changes to the pictures we upload.

Thanks,
SYK
Quote:

Rate This Thread: