Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #21
K.Khaos696

Yeah same here, hence why i'm asking the guy a bunch of Questions before i commit to buy one.. I don't mind trying no name guitars, like most people I've played a few no namers that sound better then some of the name brands. And i'd love to spend $3,000.00 on something really nice one day, But at the playing level I'm at right now, that can wait till I make enough money to toss away on one of those lol..
Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
distortion896
got hit by a parked car

necrobump, eh?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
distortion896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
K.Khaos696

So far all I've gotten back from the guy is that their similar to an Epiphone..
Old 11-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #24
K.Khaos696

Oh and they have magnetic pick-ups, I have a feeling this guy don;t know shit about guitars and is just trying to sell these things. Yet I'm still almost tempted to buy one anyway.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #25
Cornishrob

is that opposed to non magnetic pickups?
Cornishrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #26
Don't Panic Ok?
Clive Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishrob
is that opposed to non magnetic pickups?

Well they do have optical pickups.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Don't Panic Ok? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #27
Cornishrob

thats actually pretty clever, until i started reading I was skeptical about it just being some sort of synthesized sound,

their not extortionately priced either, i'd like to have a play with one
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #28
Don't Panic Ok?
Clive Dunn

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Don't Panic Ok? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #29
K.Khaos696

I sent another msg asking what the return policy was, if it was free etc, and what the neck is made of, he sent back "30 days". .So he's avoiding any major questions, so I'm gonna pass..
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #30
Cornishrob

fair one dude, no worries.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #31
jonflashjon

I own a green sunburst K-tone les Paul copy hollowbody 5 string bass and a crimson sparkle K-tone double neck. I'm fairly certain by the name, grammar mistakes and general mannerisms that the seller who goes by the handel kykyitem on ebay is an English as a second language speaker, and thus not as fluent as a native English speaker. Don't let this disuade you from ordering from him though, as he is a stand-up seller and ships stuff out quickly.

The straight goods on my Ktones:

My K-tone les Paul copy hollowbody 5 string bass arrived set up fairly well, with loosened strings and an easily fixed sheilding problem. A small cross to bear for an otherwise fine looking and decent playing $150.00 5-string bass. I got it a week after ordering to Canada and was able to track it online at UPS.

My K-tone double neck also arrived a week after ordering, in an included hard case. This arrived with loosened strings, and requires 2 neck shims and a pro set-up. One pickup needed a slightly larger set screw because the threaded base had been stripped. The body is made of light wood, which I don't mind as I'll be standing for extended periods with it. The guitar is balanced, doesn't nosedive when strapped on. Hardware is sufficient, rheostats have a little dust in em, finish has a couple slight imperfections and pickguard are a bit roughly cut but hey, this is a $329 doubleneck with case. 30% the price of an Epi, and 10% of a Gibson, sans case.
This is alot of guitar for the cash, and well worth the money. I reccommend these. Just be aware you will have a little work setting up these babies.
jonflashjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #32
Darkflame
officialBOSS pedals hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion896
necrobump, eh?

I'll necroquote this for truth
My band (Facebook)
My band (Bandcamp, free EP)
Darkflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #33
jbscythe

ktone guitars are great for the price. I have a Lucite flying v that is sweet. good pickups. gold hardware. killer sound and feel. and it only cost me about $200. so to everyone that "only plays gibsons" or whatever, you are just paying for the name.
jbscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
artist9734

US K-Tone guitars

I just received mine from Ebay-I was in search of a windaroo guitar and came upon the manufacturer-which will put any name on the guitars that you wish.

If you check this web site out I am sure you will find a picture of your Ktone guitar. www.ursupplier.com

The guitar I purchased is identical to the Windaroo that my friend has. The person selling these on Ebay doesn't want people to know the actual manufacturer.

They are actually really nice guitars-I love mine-I got the hollw body. Hope this helps!!!!

Last edited by artist9734 : 03-09-2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
artist9734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
plexi123

As far as the Steinberger, I'm still deciding if it's awesome or completely stupid. But are the double necks good? I REALLY want a double neck because they look cool, I've always wanted a 12 string electric (but don't want to buy a guitar that's just a 12 string), and because Jimmy Page and Alex Lifeson used them (Gibson EDS-1275). This is a great deal if it's good, a double neck hard case would be hard to find and expensive. For the price, I could change the pickups. And I completely agree with the name brand thing.
plexi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #36
ohnoho

I just bought one of these myself. Mostly due to the positive reviews in this thread.

And now I would like to share the demo/review video I made.

ohnoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
AprilShowers317

I've just received my K Tone Deluxe 5 String Clear Body Lucite Electric Bass Guitar from e bay and it is a perfect candidate for my Guitar Mod Project can anyone help me find the wireing diagram and part data sheets on it?
AprilShowers317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: