Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #1941
kingyots

can somebody tell me a nice settings for kreator - violent revolution? i keep messing with my amp, but i don't get the sound i want :S (line 6 spider IV 30 watts with a dean zero)
thanks
kingyots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #1942
Austin174

Does anyone have a tone setting for Parkway Drives tone there EP album Don't Close Your eyes for a 6505+ 112 combo?
Peavey 6505+ 112
Austin174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #1943
ll Merks ll

Hi I am a delay dummy, I just bought this behringer digital delay DD40 and I cant seem to get any good sounds with it, Iam looking to get settings for Joe Satriani's Up in the sky and also ewan dobsons time 2 if any one could help me get the settings for these songs I would really apperciate it, heres links to the 2 songs and a picture of the pedal.

Joe Satriani Up in the sky -
Ewan Dobson Time 2 -

p.s if any one knows any other cool settings for this pedal id appericate it 2 , thanks!
ll Merks ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #1944
ashirebex

please Help..!!
Im using Zoom G5 processor and need to buy an amp (max. 30w)
and i want to know that if I need to use these above setting and other times plug in my processor, what kinda amp should I buy..? preset fx amps or normal 2 channel amp?

PLEASE HELP..! COMPLETE NOOB TO AMPLIFICATION..! :P
ashirebex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #1945
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.

I would instead buy a powered speaker.
RealGuitarHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #1946
jack_woodley

Hi I need help with my 3 channel Dual rectifier, I bought this about two weeks ago and I cant seem to get a good high gain metal tone out of it. I can get a metal tone from it but it just sounds weak. I mean there is no punch to it and i cant seem to get a good tone even when i use my Maxon OD808. I took it to a technician and he said all the tubes were fine even the pre-amps but I'm trying to get a good metalcore sound like Killswitch Engage. Does anyone have any good settings to help me or know anything about programming MESA's?

My settings are as follows: channel 3: presence =12, master=11, gain=2, bass=2, treble=2 and mids=12. And the OD808 settings are overdrive= 7 and balance=3.
jack_woodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #1947
ch1ng_chung

MG100HDFX Beast settings

Voodoo Child

OD1
Gain : 2 (hendrix version) or 5 (SRV/malmsteen/orishitty version)
Bass : 6
Mids : 6
Treb : 3.7
Contour : 2.3
Volume : whatever you want
ch1ng_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #1948
Feudalism

Wondering if anyone can help me achieve a similar tone to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...A_hjCkEeE#t=58s

I have Amplitube 3 and POD Farm 2.5 to work with. Been trying to get this sound but I end up either too high and tinny or with way too much distortion. Any suggestions for amp, pedals, cabs, etc will be appreciated!

Last edited by Feudalism : 11-06-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Feudalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #1949
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feudalism
Wondering if anyone can help me achieve a similar tone to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...A_hjCkEeE#t=58s

I have Amplitube 3 and POD Farm 2.5 to work with. Been trying to get this sound but I end up either too high and tinny or with way too much distortion. Any suggestions for amp, pedals, cabs, etc will be appreciated!

are you using a harmonizer set one octave up? for amplitube i'd just prob use a marshall with an OD or boost in the front with a octave setup in the rack.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #1950
Feudalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbilicious
are you using a harmonizer set one octave up? for amplitube i'd just prob use a marshall with an OD or boost in the front with a octave setup in the rack.

thanks for the quick reply! Could you possibly explain a bit more about "boost in the front"? Also, how would I do the octave setup? I just got the program and using it with my POD Studio hehe

Also how should I set up the Marshall in terms of gain/drive if I add an OD pedal as well.

Last edited by Feudalism : 11-06-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #1951
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feudalism
thanks for the quick reply! Could you possibly explain a bit more about "boost in the front"? Also, how would I do the octave setup? I just got the program and using it with my POD Studio hehe

under the Stomp A module you can pick something like the 'Diode Overdrive' (Tone: 6, Distortion: 5, Level: 2.5) as a 'boost' in the front of the amp. for the amp use the "British Tube Lead 1" (Gain: 6, Bass: 3, Level: 5, Treble: 4.5, Presence: 2.5). and under Rack A choose 'Harmonizer' with an octave +1 in some form (i can't find a pic of it right now).

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #1952
Feudalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbilicious
under the Stomp A module you can pick something like the 'Diode Overdrive' (Tone: 6, Distortion: 5, Level: 2.5) as a 'boost' in the front of the amp. for the amp use the "British Tube Lead 1" (Gain: 6, Bass: 3, Level: 5, Treble: 4.5, Presence: 2.5). and under Rack A choose 'Harmonizer' with an octave +1 in some form (i can't find a pic of it right now).

Cheers! thanks a lot, I'll give this a shot.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #1953
Feudalism

It sounds really similar to what I was looking for, however, I'm not sure how to configure this harmonizer correctly for the octave you were talking about.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #1954
CameronH97

Could anybody post settings for "Until The Whole World Hears" by Casting Crowns. Thank you
CameronH97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #1955
ulfr-tyr

Could anybody help me with the following settings?

Helloween/WTFever Kai goes..."I Want Out" Kai+Weikath

Helloween Weikath's "Time of the Oath" Weikath+Grapow

Helloween "Halloween" Weikath+Kai

Helloween "Mr. Torture" Weikath+Grapow

Helloween "Light the Universe" Weikath+Sascha

I'm not really looking for these songs, "Keeper of the Seven Keys", "Future World", "Ride the Sky", and "Eagles Fly Free."[Weikath+Kai] That is usually what people mean when they ask for Helloween...I just need help with the above...

Last edited by ulfr-tyr : 11-09-2012 at 02:27 AM.
ulfr-tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #1956
cha33 armstrong
don't take me seriously

can anybody give me the amp settings for Two door cinema club's What you know i have a marshall MG30CFX

lead guitar tone not rhythm
Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #1957
nichesound

Pot

Greetings fellow guitarists,

Here is a compilation from this site of most all of the settings in one place,
(in a word document that had to be zipped to send), to be able to adjust your amp to emulate that sound of a song you have been looking for. I have put them on a word document, so you can download this, and then search for the song/group/person whose settings you wanted to try. This was originally from all of the pages before this post, but I went through this today to make a list and be able to go through it and find a setting I might like to try. I use a Laney 210 which is an EL84 4 tube amp with switchable reverb/channel that is similar to a VOX30 amp. I was looking for some settings, and happened upon this forum, and wanted to contribute...but don't stop here, there are still lots to contribute to this site, add to this list I started.

As always, an amp is a subjective device, and by learning what it can and cannot do, will help in evaluating a sound. Also for amps that are not one that are the digital modelling type amps, where a sound can be called up, a tube amp has some limitations, but still has that warm tube sound, and crunch that I feel can only be obtained by a tube amp, like those great sounds of the late 60's to the early 80's, such as a Marshall full bore on a stage that can take it...but I digress...just cuz I play 'em, doesn't mean I know everything about setting a sound, but let's all give it a try!!
Have fun finding your tone!
Johnne in Seattle

Attached Files
File Type: zip TUBE AMP SETTINGS November 2012.zip (70.7 KB, 58 views)
nichesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #1958
ulfr-tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichesound
Greetings fellow guitarists,

Here is a compilation from this site of most all of the settings in one place,
(in a word document that had to be zipped to send), to be able to adjust your amp to emulate that sound of a song you have been looking for. I have put them on a word document, so you can download this, and then search for the song/group/person whose settings you wanted to try. This was originally from all of the pages before this post, but I went through this today to make a list and be able to go through it and find a setting I might like to try. I use a Laney 210 which is an EL84 4 tube amp with switchable reverb/channel that is similar to a VOX30 amp. I was looking for some settings, and happened upon this forum, and wanted to contribute...but don't stop here, there are still lots to contribute to this site, add to this list I started.

As always, an amp is a subjective device, and by learning what it can and cannot do, will help in evaluating a sound. Also for amps that are not one that are the digital modelling type amps, where a sound can be called up, a tube amp has some limitations, but still has that warm tube sound, and crunch that I feel can only be obtained by a tube amp, like those great sounds of the late 60's to the early 80's, such as a Marshall full bore on a stage that can take it...but I digress...just cuz I play 'em, doesn't mean I know everything about setting a sound, but let's all give it a try!!
Have fun finding your tone!
Johnne in Seattle

I use a Johnson JM-150, and I have both J3 and J12 boards for it...the covers...all hook ups...bought it from my teacher. It has a JCM800 and a hot rodded Marshall option...and a ton of others Stack+Combo Amps...first modeling amp...to me the only one that doesn't sound like crap.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #1959
nichesound

yeah not that I am saying these amps don't have a place, but being old school, grew up with those 70's sounds and bands I played in, just like that tube sound, but then we now have digital and the new wave of people and thought...have fun and enjoy the whole musical experience, that really is the bottom line
nichesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #1960
ulfr-tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichesound
yeah not that I am saying these amps don't have a place, but being old school, grew up with those 70's sounds and bands I played in, just like that tube sound, but then we now have digital and the new wave of people and thought...have fun and enjoy the whole musical experience, that really is the bottom line

Well the one I have emulates tubes well, and actually sounds like them rather well towards the tube amp sound.

Rate This Thread: