Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #421
Oyface
UG's pimping owl

"If you play them all backwards there's a secret message..."

This was posted by them, on their facebook page. Anyone else looking for the message(s)?

There's something very audible on the second track, at about 1:20 on the reversed track.
Sounds like "Some believe that they will be", but then I can't hear the rest of it.

Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo
if you took a bite out of an ebola patient, you'd probably end up with ebola.

Oyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #422
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyface
"If you play them all backwards there's a secret message..."

This was posted by them, on their facebook page. Anyone else looking for the message(s)?

There's something very audible on the second track, at about 1:20 on the reversed track.
Sounds like "Some believe that they will be", but then I can't hear the rest of it.

Help?

What is this... the 70's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #423
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
More riffs like the one at the beginning of trailer 4 would be good.

Yeah, but that'd actually end up resulting in something progressive if they fully followed the logical conclusion of that...

(There's nothing progressive about ambient or fauxshuggah songs.)

Quote:
The band have not realised that their style of music is now so freaking stale.

Most Djent in general is freakin' stale. Most of the bands that get labeled "Djent" these days are either TessarcT wannabes or actually aren't Djent. The whole movement is basically collapsing, and I don't see an issue with that.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #424
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

There are still a few bands in the "djent" scene I like.

Maybe like 2.

And on the subject of those riffs in Video 4.

Honestly it sounds like a bit like the Jazz Metal band Shining.

And Shining >>>>>>>>> Tesseract

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 04-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #425
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Honestly it sounds like a bit like the Jazz Metal band Shining.

And Shining >>>>>>>>> Tesseract

I like this. I'm buying their album. It's like simplistic Avant Garde Metal combined with Jazz.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 04-28-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #426
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

They used to be am Avante Garde Acoustic Jazz band... they just slowly got heavier.

They still use Jazz style gear though. When I saw them the guitarist was using some weird guitar that'd never normally get used in metal and uses Fuzz more than overdrive. They also look like a Jazz band. Short hair, suits, that kinda thing.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #427
CoreysMonster
Banned

New full song.

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia...rity-radio-edit

If the entire album is like this, I will be very happy. This is seriously a step up from the standard "chuggah riff with some chimey cleans". Not 100% perfect, but at least the album doesn't seem to be a complete Conceiling Fate clone.

The mix seems a little odd, though. The vocals are TOO present in some places. Wtf Acle.

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 04-30-2013 at 09:53 AM.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #428
jwizzle5786
JJ

Proxy is also on Spotify. Can't seem to find it on youtube.

Both new songs sound great and sound like they would be much better in context of the full album. With the five or six albums I'm getting in the next four weeks, this is probably my most anticipated.
jwizzle5786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #429
Shredx
Inuendo King

Still looking foward to the release, I've got a feeling it'll be an album that needs to be listened to all the way through really.

But from the 2 full tracks I've heard, I hop the new guy has some decent grittier vocals aswell as his nice cleans.

Also whilst all the atmospheric stuff is nice, I think they could benefit from the odd more awesome proper guitar riff? Anyone agree

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #430
MustangMan311
Cody

Haven't listened to any of the new tracks, waiting until I can get my hands on the whole thing. Pretty excited about it!

Between the Buried and Me, UG group

I'm on Last.fm.

I write for Decoy Music.
MustangMan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #431
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

Unimpressed. When the band learns that not every riff has to be a variation on the djentdown beat, I'll be back for more, but after all 4 teasers, and the two released tracks, I basically want to slap Acle. This isn't cool. This isn't interesting. This is the exact same shit they've been doing since they formed with absolutely zero progression. They pick one riff, then just move it up and down the scale and pretend that counts as variation, and when they already spend ALL of their time around 120bpm, in 12/8, it's just getting fucking OLD. It's one thing to stick to what you love, regardless of trend, but TesseracT's sound is one aspect of a much larger progressive sound that they seem content to ignore. Dream Theater don't just use 1 kind of riff style. BTBAM don't use just one kind of riff. Periphery don't use one kind of riff. So why the hell do TesseracT insist on using the exact same patterns and chord progressions for EVERYTHING they do? It's infuriating, and I hope the album fails, so they can realise this.

/spite

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #432
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Unimpressed. When the band learns that not every riff has to be a variation on the djentdown beat, I'll be back for more, but after all 4 teasers, and the two released tracks, I basically want to slap Acle. This isn't cool. This isn't interesting. This is the exact same shit they've been doing since they formed with absolutely zero progression. They pick one riff, then just move it up and down the scale and pretend that counts as variation, and when they already spend ALL of their time around 120bpm, in 12/8, it's just getting fucking OLD.

All of this. I mean, they really better shit something cool out, because if the whole album is like the 2 songs they released and the teasers, I'm not buying it. I know I'm a bit of a music snob, come on, guys!

Bandcamp

Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #433
CoreysMonster
Banned

Whelp, I'm off to see Periphery and TesseracT. I'm really curious to see how Ashe is going to hold up live, without relying on shitty Youtube videos for measure.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #434
CoreysMonster
Banned

TesseracT played a couple of full new songs that showed me that the style of the new record is definitely not one that grabs you right away like Conceiling Fate did, and there wasn't a single riff that really stood out.

Ashe is a great singer, but he has one major problem: He struggles very, very hard to hit the high notes, especially on that first Nocturn song they released. Another thing is that he doesn't do heavy vocals. The bassist had to take care of those on the songs that needed them, and while that's not that much of an issue, other times they just left out the heavy parts altogether, with Ashe pointing the mic at the crowd like he expected them to sing along or something.

That was a little weird, but those two things are the only complaints I have with him as a singer. He needs some work, but he has great potential and has a wicked style. I'm just not sure if TesseracT is going to fully provide the foundation for his singing, judging by their new stuff. But, I'll wait until the album's out and I have a chance to hear them more than once.

Periphery were effin flawless, though. They've come a long way since I saw them last year with Dream Theater, those guys have definitely improved their stage presence, though something was wrong with the sound that night and the volume of the guitars wasn't switching at the right points. Not sure if that was a sound guy or an Axe FX programming issue, but it wasn't a big problem. Spence was too much fun, especially when he grabbed a joint from a guy in the first row and smoked it during Racecar

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 05-07-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #435
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Judge away dudes. I'm enjoying it so far
Old 05-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #436
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo

Only three songs in and the new guy sound exactly like Dan. On Resist I had to stop and tell myself that it was not Dan.

JAKEDIT: Nocturne is 10000x better in the context of the whole album.

JAKEDIT2: NEEDS MOAR SAXOPHONE!

So through my first listen I will proudly say that this is by far their best record. People bitch about the sameyness and being stagnant but this record blows that out of the park. It's still slow and ethereal but you can definitely tell that even they knew they had to write some new material and not reuse the same riffs over and over and over and over and over again.

From Nocturne on this record is the bomb. I really like it.

iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Last edited by Jako215 : 05-12-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #437
whywefight
formin like voltron

jako nailed it. i ****ing love this album already. at the top of this page i see a quote of myself saying that tesseract is capable of more than what they were currently operating at, and they proved me right with this album.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #438
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

I'll listen to it tomorrow, but I admit it doesn't hurt that the rest of you are saying it's better than you thought it would be.

Bandcamp

Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #439
whywefight
formin like voltron

yeah, nocturne didn't do a good job of getting me hot and bothered for this album. but the subsequent previews of it were far more interesting. and now that the finished product is here I'll be pumping this shit errday.

Last edited by whywefight : 05-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #440
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

I hate to be a downer, but there's not a lot that makes me want to actually buy this album, after listening to that stream posted above...

I don't know. Maybe I'll listen to it again and something will click, but I doubt it.

Bandcamp

Rate This Thread: