Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: opinion on new album
best album yet. 334 19.71%
pretty good. 676 39.88%
i like some parts hate others. 267 15.75%
sucks. 418 24.66%
Voters: 1695. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #61
Korzack
World-class-Waster

Indeed... Selling out would be 18 songs of Busted-style 3 minute whine-fests... And last time I check,ed Charlie SImpson and Synyster don't talk much:P
Newcastle United
Korzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #62
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRaven
Since when did writing any form of 8 minute track class as selling out?

Seriously. I think this album is less radio-friendly than City of Evil was, and yet it gets more criticism for.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #63
SchecterFreak
Reasonable A7X fan!

syngates....i love you! man why can't anyone see that!!!!! this album isn't a sell out by far... its probably one of the greatest experimental albums i have ever heard.... with the exception being mars voltas most recent album.....but thats not the point.... and i tried to tell everyone to listen to it more then once and it will grow on you!
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote:
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
SchecterFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #64
Syn_Gorey13
Something Wild's Survived

^ yea agreed....it isn't a sellout and i am an example of the fact that listening to it
more than once is what you need to do. after the first listen i hated it but then after a dozen or so listens it's actaully comparable to CoE.

and a little peice of heaven isn't sellout it's just.......very different i spose

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
Syn_Gorey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #65
SynGates7X
GOOZEX FTW

I love A Little Piece of Heaven. If I were to pick a favorite song it would most likely be that.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #66
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korzack
Indeed... Selling out would be 18 songs of Busted-style 3 minute whine-fests... And last time I check,ed Charlie SImpson and Synyster don't talk much:P

Charlie Simpson > your ****ing soul

Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #67
Panterica

Anyone else hear Satan Sandwich yet? Check it out on youtube...Matt screams in it, and he also screams in a new vid of Reminissions live!
Panterica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #68
Murasaki-kun
Lost his way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panterica
Anyone else hear Satan Sandwich yet? Check it out on youtube...Matt screams in it, and he also screams in a new vid of Reminissions live!

There were too many people screaming in the videos, so I just stopped watching them...

Anyone think that the s/t is so much better than City of Evil? I mean, in terms of catchyness, diversity, and musicianship, I think this album is amazing. I don't care too much for the first two, but they aren't terrible, I just don't like how they used those songs as singles... What about Afterlife? Brompton Cocktail? A Little Piece of Heaven?

Critical Acclaim's intro just seems superfluous, especially with the random organs... I don't think it's much of an intro for any album/song. Maybe if they didn't just repeat it twice and made it a little more musical, like adding an octave on the repeat

I thought that I'd hate this album, but I was surprised. Mainly because I used to hate them for the fact that they stopped screaming...
Murasaki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #69
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki-kun
Anyone think that the s/t is so much better than City of Evil?

Leaps and bounds ahead

Quote:
Critical Acclaim's intro just seems superfluous, especially with the random organs...

Random organs? They were there because they wanted them there. How on earth is that 'random' in any way?

Quote:
Mainly because I used to hate them for the fact that they stopped screaming...

Lol
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #70
Murasaki-kun
Lost his way?

Quote:
Random organs? They were there because they wanted them there. How on earth is that 'random' in any way?

Yeah, I just didn't think it was necessary. To me, it just didn't seem interesting. I guess I'm just on a huge "symphonic stuff is more interesting" phase. I'll word things differently next time?

Quote:
Lol

Yeah, I admit it, I was really narrow minded[Although, I probably haven't changed too much]
Murasaki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #71
csn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Shadows
Wow, How this thread has gone downhill. I remember the very first A7X thread started by mrantomy. *sighs* I had over 750 posts in that thing with my old accounts. too bad I don't remember the usernames.

Lol like the mods need to give an explination and like YOU can boss them around telling them to give an explination. The Last one was closed for spam, Anyone could see that. "Hey whats up?!" Isn't relevant discussion.

People have different interpretations of what good music is. Hell, Some people like Dillinger Escape Plan... yeah, anyway.

I finished tabbing the full album =]

........................................ LMAO You don't know what you're talking about. Synyster changed strings after every show. He doesnt have 8245925487658265 Synyster Customs LOL. He uses GHS Progressives: Custom Light strings too. Schecter string theirs with GHS Boomers.

How Dare you? Learn some respect.

so basically you had multis, you think we must respect fiures of authority even though its just the internetz, by the way when i was banned i read the original a7x thread, loads of spam so iwouldnt freaking talk buddy.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #72
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csn00b
so basically you had multis, you think we must respect fiures of authority even though its just the internetz, by the way when i was banned i read the original a7x thread, loads of spam so iwouldnt freaking talk buddy.

Psst

Maybe if you ignore him he'll go away
Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #73
csn00b

ok
Old 11-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #74
Halenrockr
Guitar Freak

A7X new album pretty sweet Almost Easy and Critical Acclaims probably my fav songs off it.
Halenrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #75
lee85
Lee85

Well, I think they're pretty friggin' awsome. I did like City of evil more... but, what the hell. Great band, great songs, great guitarist... I guess opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.
lee85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 AM   #76
SchecterFreak
Reasonable A7X fan!

^huzzah!

man i love it more then the other albums but i like everything they have done!
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote:
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
SchecterFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #77
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee85
I guess opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

...and they all stink
Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #78
bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private

Location: On a US Government military installation blowing shit up
Quote:
Psst

Maybe if you ignore him he'll go away

Quote:
...and they all stink

haha
GR, ur awesome. lol

yeah seth is a know-it-all dick.

Brompton Cocktail is my favorite. I just wish they would have made a few more songs with out the orchestras.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is ****ing nuts"

Last edited by bjovi400 : 11-06-2007 at 10:30 AM.
bjovi400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #79
Seth Shadows
G|-18b19-~~[18]pb19~~~\

^ I bet I am lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynGates7X
You lead me to believe that you don't know what you are talking about, cuz in every interview I have seen or read both Syn and Zacky say they use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms.

The Last Interview I seen was on MTV2 with synyster gates. And he said he uses GHS progressives to get the "Mustaine sound" in his harmonics. (i.e: F 15ma Octave Artificial harmonic at the end of the seize the day solo, the same harmonic in to end the rapture and the semi harmonic in the Beast and the harlot solo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by csn00b

*looks at join date* Jan '07? The origional was made back in '03. You're a little late. There wasnt that much spam as this is now. It always had some relevance to Avenged in it. Like "WHOA I GOT AN AVENGED HOODIE!!! YAY!!! *pics*" or awaiting City Of Evil. Good times. As for the first part of your post, You're basically saying "F#CK AUTHORITYYYY!21!1112341231!!111ONE!!!1"? And that makes you cool? There's authority, there's law and there's controversy on the "internetz". If you don't respect those "figures of authority" or "follow those laws" you may have your privileges taken away.

EDIT: HAHA And I remember seriously hitting on GiantRaven then I found out he was a man Yeah I suppose, it did have alot of spam. But at least it was interesting spam.

In Other news, This Album is Really starting to grow on me. But a bit of it's quite chaotic like the intro to Lost.
A7X: 0

Last edited by Seth Shadows : 11-06-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Seth Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #80
GiantRaven
UG Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjovi400
Brompton Cocktail is my favorite. I just wish they would have made a few more songs with out the orchestras.

I think they should have more

Especially like the Afterlife intro

Thats awesome

Rate This Thread: