User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
The_lizard_king
UG's Eric Clapton wannabe

David Gilmour: Remember that night review

Sound:

David Gilmour put on a really awesome concert for this dvd that was filmed at Royal Albert Hall last year. He started it off really well with some classics and it got you comfortable with the atmosphere he was creating with his band. Than he did his new album "On and Island" which helped keep the atmosphere. He had a good backing band with him this time. He had Richard Wright (he would be foolish not to have him there., he had Jon Carin as well, Guy Pratt on bass, Phil Manzanera, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Steve DiStanislao on drums, Robert Wyatt of soft machine fame, and David Bowie. 10/10

Content:

The first disc is the concert from the royal albert hall show. The setlist consisted of:

1. Speak To Me (Mason)
2. Breathe / Breathe (Reprise) (Waters/Gilmour/Wright)
3. Time (Waters/Mason/Gilmour/Wright)
4. Castellorizon (Gilmour)
5. On An Island (Gilmour/Samson)
6. The Blue (Gilmour/Samson)
7. Red Sky At Night (Gilmour)
8. This Heaven (Gilmour/Samson)
9. Then I Close My Eyes (Gilmour)
10. Smile (Gilmour/Samson)
11. Take A Breath (Gilmour/Samson)
12. A Pocketful Of Stones (Gilmour/Samson)
13. Where We Start (Gilmour)
14. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Waters/Gilmour/Wright)
15. Fat Old Sun (Gilmour)
16. Coming Back To Life (Gilmour)
17. High Hopes (Gilmour/Samson)
18. Echoes (Waters/Gilmour/Wright/Mason)
19. Wish You Were Here (Waters/Gilmour)
20. Find The Cost Of Freedom (Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young)
21. Arnold Layne (Barrett)
22. Comfortably Numb (Gilmour/Waters)

I thought it was a good choice for him to perform those songs. I wish he would of put "Us and Them" and "Run like hell" on the setlist as well but overall its a good choice. The dvd has a few documentaries, and a few extra songs that weren't featured on the first disc. Wot's uh the deal was one of them which is the first time this was performed live by anyone from the floyd. Dominoes was a Syd Barrett track which was performed in memorial of Barrett. They also put music videos and documentaries. 10/10

Production Quality:

The dvd was well put together, It was easy to navigate the menu. Some dvds are weird like that. 10/10

Overall Impression:

I think it's as good as watching P.U.L.S.E or any other pink floyd type concert. I liked his versions of the songs he did, he can put on a show and thats the most impressive thing is that the show can't get boring.
I love this show, and I cannot hate it. Like I said previously this show is an awesome show and you can't get bored of it. If it were lost or stolen I'd buy it again definately. 10/10

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
The_lizard_king is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: