View Poll Results: Creationism vs. Evolutionism
Creationism 654 16.07%
Evolutionism 2519 61.91%
Rawr! Dinosaurs! 896 22.02%
Voters: 4069. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #21
DieGarbageMan
Banned

At the beggining of time there was nothing.

which exploded.

creation?
no way, we evolved from single celled orgasm's formed when heat contracted through other cells.

EVoulution FTW
DieGarbageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #22
loxer

Evolution, since creationism is silly.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

loxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #23
DieGarbageMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues-guitarist
i believe that god created organisms which went through evolution

the bible states that god created man and woman, such as adam and eve, no organsm's were mentioned.
DieGarbageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
Darth_Queso
Registered Barrel Roller

I'm an evolutionist, but dinosaurs are so awesome.

PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS OWNS YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Darth_Queso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #25
rickyy
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGarbageMan
the bible states that god created man and woman, such as adam and eve, no organsm's were mentioned.

They were implied, asshat.

Jesus ftw.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #26
Nizzi
|-Be Just And Fear Not-|

Mrs. Garrison's (South Park) explanation of Evolution seems to be quite logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #27
blues-guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGarbageMan

don't take the bible literally...anyways...It says in the book of Genesis, referring to the creation of animal life that God created first the fish of the sea, followed by the birds of the air, followed by the beasts of the earth, after which finally came man.

Here is my theory as to how, exactly, this fits into historical context. From the beginning, it has been my belief that the seven days described in genesis are, in fact, seven eras or indeterminate lengths of time.

As is recognized scientific fact, the first animals were sea-dwellers. Fish and the like. There’s your “fish of the sea”.

Followed by them were the famed prehistoric beasts, the dinosaurs. Now, of course, most dinosaurs were land dwellers, but it is very important to note that this is when the first animals capable of flight appeared. Furthermore, several well-known dinosaur species are, in fact the ancestors of birds. The T-rex, for example,
unceremoniously evolving into the humble chicken. There’s your “birds of the air”.

Then, of course, the dinosaurs died out, and in came the ice age. It was at this point a new manner of creatures came about, entirely land-dwelling: mammals. No fliers here. Just earth-dwelling, fur-covered mammals. There’s your “beasts of the earth”.

And, towards the end of the ice age came none other than us. Man. And then, the Lord our God rested. It’s funny how just those few verses actually (fairly accurately) cover several billion years of pre-human existence.

And that's my theory on creation and evolution
Old 12-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #28
bequickorbedead
bedeadorbequick

There's already another one of these threads with like a million pages, we don't need another one...
bequickorbedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #29
mooselord

Quote:
don't take the bible literally...anyways...It says in the book of Genesis, referring to the creation of animal life that God created first the fish of the sea, followed by the birds of the air, followed by the beasts of the earth, after which finally came man.

Here is my theory as to how, exactly, this fits into historical context. From the beginning, it has been my belief that the seven days described in genesis are, in fact, seven eras or indeterminate lengths of time.

As is recognized scientific fact, the first animals were sea-dwellers. Fish and the like. There’s your “fish of the sea”.

Followed by them were the famed prehistoric beasts, the dinosaurs. Now, of course, most dinosaurs were land dwellers, but it is very important to note that this is when the first animals capable of flight appeared. Furthermore, several well-known dinosaur species are, in fact the ancestors of birds. The T-rex, for example,
unceremoniously evolving into the humble chicken. There’s your “birds of the air”.

Then, of course, the dinosaurs died out, and in came the ice age. It was at this point a new manner of creatures came about, entirely land-dwelling: mammals. No fliers here. Just earth-dwelling, fur-covered mammals. There’s your “beasts of the earth”.

And, towards the end of the ice age came none other than us. Man. And then, the Lord our God rested. It’s funny how just those few verses actually (fairly accurately) cover several billion years of pre-human existence.

And that's my theory of creation and evolution

Thats actually a very good explanation of my view on all this. Nice work!

This link allows you to give money for food, breast cancer screenings, etc. This is not a scam.
mooselord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #30
MinistryRules08

None. I dont think god created us and i dont think we came from monkeys
MinistryRules08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #31
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin-pirate
Which one?
Explain why if you want.

theres no such thing as evolutionism. its just evolution. and with out going into huge details, evolution is the one thats right. sorry, but its supported by actual scientific evidence and is actually not up for debate. the event of evolution has been observed on both the micro and macro stages(thos terms are misleading anyway. they are both evolution). micro is just small changes within a species. anyone who argues that is clearly not educated. macro is merly a change in species. that too has been observed.

if anyone honestly doesnt believe in evolution, they are ignorant. its not up for debate. anyone who wants to reply to me trying to tell me im wrong, dont even bother. the sad thing is that 99% of people who deny evolution cant even properly define it. how can you be against something or try to prove it wrong if you dont even know what it is or how it works? i baffles me that this is still an issue and that people dont educate themselves on this.

check out my youtube page for some songs.
Blind In 1 Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #32
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

i believe in evolution.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #33
Kensai
49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
By the way, being a Christian doesn't make you a Creationist. Being an idiot who thinks the world is a few thousand years old and we lived with dinosaurs makes you one.

A christian?
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #34
Nizzi
|-Be Just And Fear Not-|

Quote:

And that's my theory on creation and evolution

but how would people have known this when the bible was first written? Good idea btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #35
blues-guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzi
but how would people have known this when the bible was first written? Good idea btw.

idk but they wrote it
Old 12-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #36
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Actually BG's explanation is backed up quite well. The way the scriptures were worded, in the original text, were taken in the early times to not literally mean a week. It's only in more recent times that people have taken that literally. And the Bible never says how we were created.

edit: the bible was written over several hundred years. Some of the original writings and artifacts still exist.

edit again: misread the abov post o.O

Last edited by Mutant Corn : 12-16-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #37
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
By the way, being a Christian doesn't make you a Creationist. Being an idiot who thinks the world is a few thousand years old and we lived with dinosaurs makes you one.

if you believe in god, you believe in a creator. if you believe a creator created the world and universe, then its called creationism.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #38
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn
Actually BG's explanation is backed up quite well. The way the scriptures were worded, in the original text, were taken in the early times to not literally mean a week. It's only in more recent times that people have taken that literally. And the Bible never says how we were created.

edit: the bible was written over several hundred years. Some of the original writings and artifacts still exist.

ummm actually, its pretty clear about how people were created. it clearly says that adam was created from the dust and eve from his rib.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #39
blues-guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind In 1 Ear
if you believe in god, you believe in a creator. if you believe a creator created the world and universe, then its called creationism.

from wiki: "The term creationism is generally used to describe the belief that creation occurred literally as described in the book of Genesis (for both Jews and Christians) or the Qur'an (for Muslims). The terms creationism and creationist have become particularly associated with beliefs about the time frame of creation, conflicting with scientific understanding of natural history, particularly evolution. This conflict is most prevalent in the United States, where there has been sustained controversy in the public arena, centering over the issue of the science curriculum in public schools."
Old 12-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #40
bequickorbedead
bedeadorbequick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind In 1 Ear

Therefore you can believe in Evolution and Creationism
bequickorbedead is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: