Originally Posted by zamok

omg i laughed soooooooooooooooooo hard
The red Strat. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #42
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind In 1 Ear
ummm actually, its pretty clear about how people were created. it clearly says that adam was created from the dust and eve from his rib.

True dat, but as we are obviously not made of dust(or ribs) he had to do something there. It doesn't really say how that happened...

Last edited by Mutant Corn : 12-16-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #43
blues-guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn
True dat, but as we are obviously not made of dust he had to do something there. It doesn't really say how that happened...

the bible is not supposed to be taken literally...
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #44
Constantine
That's Heavy, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbtje
Creationism, because I honestly think the Earth was created by some guy 4000 years ago despite all the proof it's been around for millions of years. Maybe God made fossils too?

In short, this is a silly thread.

I'm not a creationist, but evolution is BY NO MEANS a perfected theory.

Ok, so there's dust. And the dust swirls. And the dust makes clouds. The clouds hit. The clouds explode. Bang, and we've got a ****ing endless universe that is incomprehensible to the human mind. It's literally never-ending.

What came before the dust?

Where did the dust even come from?

How would you be able to prove that (For example) The Monotheistic deity of the Christian Dogma didn't place the dust there, or if he himself WAS the dust?

Evolution isn't perfected, you can only explain why there's dinosaurs, and why we're where we're at.

Personally, I don't believe in anything. I'm not too bothered about how the world came about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinistryRules08
None. I dont think god created us and i dont think we came from monkeys

So... We're.... Not... Actually... Primates?

Good thinking.

We are, darling.

We're not descendant from monkeys, we merely share a common evolutionary ancestor.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #45
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bequickorbedead
Therefore you can believe in Evolution and Creationism

actually no. the two theories contradict. sorry.

check out my youtube page for some songs.
Blind In 1 Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #46
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues-guitarist
the bible is not supposed to be taken literally...

Not always...but that passage isn't really explained. Thus we honestly don't know how it happened...my point.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #47
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
True dat, but as we are obviously not made of dust(or ribs) he had to do something there. It doesn't really say how that happened...

are you suggesting god "evolved" us? because if you are im going to have to ask you to point out where it says that. you cant even assume it actually. evolution takes place over many generations. adam would have needed parents. and the fact that god planned to make humans contradicts the randomness of evolution. there is no goal in evolution to become anything. so the two dont mix.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #48
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
are you suggesting god "evolved" us? because if you are im going to have to ask you to point out where it says that. you cant even assume it actually. evolution takes place over many generations. adam would have needed parents. and the fact that god planned to make humans contradicts the randomness of evolution. there is no goal in evolution to become anything. so the two dont mix.

o.O I'm not suggesting anything. There's no possible way to know how this happened.

Besides..who's to say Adam waasn't a caveman? Not saying I believe that...just that we don't know...and honestly I don't think that how he got us here is as important as the fact that we're here in the first place.

Last edited by Mutant Corn : 12-16-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Mutant Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #49
MrCoolPants
Max Power

It's possible that creation in the Bible was explained using fairy tales and symbolism because the theory of evolution was a bit to scientifically complex for the people of several thousand years ago. I do believe in evolution but maybe the Bible says man was created from "dirt" because life had to form from raw matter at some point. Who knows. I'm just randomly speculating.

Btw, isn't there a better thread for this?
MrCoolPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #50
Nizzi
|-Be Just And Fear Not-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine

Ok, so there's dust. And the dust swirls. And the dust makes clouds. The clouds hit. The clouds explode. Bang, and we've got a ****ing endless universe that is incomprehensible to the human mind. It's literally never-ending.

How would you be able to prove that (For example) The Monotheistic deity of the Christian Dogma didn't place the dust there, or if he himself WAS the dust?

So Christians should worship dust? And believe that we made in the form of dust? Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #51
Constantine
That's Heavy, Man.

Quote:
Not always...but that passage isn't really explained. Thus we honestly don't know how it happened...my point.

It would be kind of hard to re-interpret Genesis, methinks. It's fairly direct in what it's saying... And I doubt that it's been altered through translation, like some of Leviticus, Romans, or Corinthians.....

Quote:

Perhaps God is the catalyst for evolution in all things?

The two can absolutely be mixed, and an attempt to assert that they can't would only be factoring a very bland view of either theory into the idea.

Again, I don't believe in either... And I'm certainly not religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzi
So Christians should worship dust? And believe that we made in the form of dust? Cool!

Not what I said, Fool.

I was simply offering a means to question evolution from a dogmatic standpoint... All that evolution has offered is the theory of the 'big bang', in which massive clouds of interstellar dust hit, and explode, creating a universe that is never-ending in size... My point is, that it's not established why the clouds or dust were there, or even how.

They just... Appeared from nothing, and exploded into a massive universe? Logical.

If you ARE Christian, I suggest you stop being condescending to someone who is defending your scripture from a secular-ish standpoint.

Last edited by Constantine : 12-16-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #52
Fate_of_Mind
UG Board King

Why does it matter?

I don't need to know whether I evolved from a gorilla or was created by a divine power.

I believe the former more than the latter, but it still doesn't matter much. People who have faith, can have faith, and it shouldn't affect those who don't believe in God.

That's the thing about these arguments, nobody is right.
Fate_of_Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #53
The red Strat.
UG Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbtje
Creationism, because I honestly think the Earth was created by some guy 4000 years ago despite all the proof it's been around for millions of years. Maybe God made fossils too?

In short, this is a silly thread.

if it was that simple, there werent any people that believed in creatonism anymore
The red Strat. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #54
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
It would be kind of hard to re-interpret Genesis, methinks. It's fairly direct in what it's saying... And I doubt that it's been altered through translation, like some of Leviticus, Romans, or Corinthians.....

Perhaps God is the catalyst for evolution in all things?

The two can absolutely be mixed, and an attempt to assert that they can't would only be factoring a very bland view of either theory into the idea.

Again, I don't believe in either... And I'm certainly not religious.

no. the two absolutly do not mix. i just explained one of the reasons why. evolution has no goal in mind. with a creator there is a plan. that alone means they contradict and no not mix. you would have to change either what the theory of evolution states, or what the bible states. but the the two as is dont work together.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #55
Kensai
49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_of_Mind
Why does it matter?

I don't need to know whether I evolved from a gorilla or was created by a divine power.

I believe the former more than the latter, but it still doesn't matter much. People who have faith, can have faith, and it shouldn't affect those who don't believe in God.

I'd like to think one side is very right, and the other one is as right as michael moore naked on a cold day outside your house.
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #56
rizo299
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

Firstly, thats not evolution. That's the big bang theory.

Secondly the big bang theory has nothing to do with dust swirling around and then there being an explosion. Depending on which theory you take (there are many possabilities with the big bang theory) you have different ideas about what came before the bang.

The most current theory, M theory, hypothosises that our universe was created when two membranes that exist in another dimension collided. Its far more complex than that, but I'm not getting into the crazily complex maths and theoretical physics that i barely understand
Don't Join This group. seriously.
rizo299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #57
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmyname
Is creationism supported by science? -retorical question, don't you answer.

Actually..yes. A good portion of the Bible is.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #58
rizo299
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Actually..yes. A good portion of the Bible is.

no, you're thinking of pseudo-science
Don't Join This group. seriously.
rizo299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #59
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_of_Mind
Why does it matter?

actually as ive explained earlier, evolution is a proven event. no one said you came from a gorilla. evolution doesnt say that at all. it says we share a common ancestor with them. we still dont know exactly how humans came to be but we know for certain that evolution does in fact happen and that it happened in the past.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #60
Constantine
That's Heavy, Man.

Quote:
no. the two absolutly do not mix. i just explained one of the reasons why. evolution has no goal in mind. with a creator there is a plan. that alone means they contradict and no not mix. you would have to change either what the theory of evolution states, or what the bible states. but the the two as is dont work together.

Apathy is a glorious thing.

I'm so full of it, that I'm not even going to bother arguing with you anymore, if you're just going to continue to look at the extremes of these theologies.

Rate This Thread: