Evolutionism 2519 61.91%
Rawr! Dinosaurs! 896 22.02%
Voters: 4069. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #61
killadelphia222

RIG:

LTD H-251
LTD MH301
Frankenstien Ibanez being worked on (see avatar)
Line6 Spider 2 Head
Marshall Cabinet

Lyrics-please critique!!
Force the Flames to Flicker
killadelphia222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #62
CORT noob
Ug's Secret Hero

Location: Gotham City, Illinois, America Founder of the "I have eaten Jimmy John's, and now have passed into man hood and have started living life for the first time and now believe in a chance at world peace" club PM me or SublimeGuitar to join.
Neither.
Originally Posted by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
CORT noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #63
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo299
no, you're thinking of pseudo-science

explain?
Old 12-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #64
Constantine
That's Heavy, Man.

Quote:
Firstly, thats not evolution. That's the big bang theory.

Secondly the big bang theory has nothing to do with dust swirling around and then there being an explosion. Depending on which theory you take (there are many possabilities with the big bang theory) you have different ideas about what came before the bang.

The most current theory, M theory, hypothosises that our universe was created when two membranes that exist in another dimension collided. Its far more complex than that, but I'm not getting into the crazily complex maths and theoretical physics that i barely understand

Oh for fucks sakes.

X_______X Fucking scientists should just let it go.

I'm going to go smoke a ****load of chronic, this discussion is such a drag...
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #65
bequickorbedead
bedeadorbequick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind In 1 Ear
no. the two absolutly do not mix. i just explained one of the reasons why. evolution has no goal in mind. with a creator there is a plan. that alone means they contradict and no not mix. you would have to change either what the theory of evolution states, or what the bible states. but the the two as is dont work together.

You're a little bid of an idiot. They can mix, it's creation but with God using evolution in it. It involves not taking the Genesis literally. Your logic is stupid, just because one sense of evolution has no creator, doesn't mean that you cannot mix the two.
bequickorbedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #66
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine
Apathy is a glorious thing.

I'm so full of it, that I'm not even going to bother arguing with you anymore, if you're just going to continue to look at the extremes of these theologies.

umm actually i just have studied the two long enough to know that they dont mix. they are two different concepts. concepts cannot be one thing and another. can the concept of the number 2 be also the number 3?

im not going to argue with you anymore if you dont learn how to properly look at theories and concepts and stop giving yourself answers you want to hear.

check out my youtube page for some songs.
Blind In 1 Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #67
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bequickorbedead
You're a little bid of an idiot. They can mix, it's creation but with God using evolution in it. It involves not taking the Genesis literally. Your logic is stupid, just because one sense of evolution has no creator, doesn't mean that you cannot mix the two.

lol. can you read? i just said that the two dont mix as is. AS IS. i said you have to change one of them. people sometimes....

Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #68
Nizzi
|-Be Just And Fear Not-|

"We are the ******ed offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel."
That seems fine to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #69
Fate_of_Mind
UG Board King

Quote:
actually as ive explained earlier, evolution is a proven event. no one said you came from a gorilla. evolution doesnt say that at all. it says we share a common ancestor with them. we still dont know exactly how humans came to be but we know for certain that evolution does in fact happen and that it happened in the past.

Well, I understand that. But some people aren't going to believe that. Humans are stubborn by nature, and not everybody will agree on the same thing no matter how much evidence is given. The evidence is why if I were to make a decision, I would believe in evolution. But my point was that too many people make a big deal out of it, as if it's the end of the world if you evolved from something (gorillas being my example because it's the most common) as opposed to being created. I've seen people tear at each other's throats until they didn't have anything more to say over this topic and other topics like this. I just don't really care too much . As great as it is to have all the answers to life, some matter less than others. I'm not going to feel any better knowing how I came to be what I am.

EDIT:

Quote:
umm actually i just have studied the two long enough to know that they dont mix. they are two different concepts. concepts cannot be one thing and another. can the concept of the number 2 be also the number 3?

im not going to argue with you anymore if you dont learn how to properly look at theories and concepts and stop giving yourself answers you want to hear.

No, the concept of the number 2 alone cannot be the concept of the number 3 also. But, the concept of the number 2 added to the concept of the number 1 can become the concept of the number 3. Which is the point that they are trying to make. Just make 3 the hybrid of theories, make 1 evolution, and 2 creationism.

Last edited by Fate_of_Mind : 12-16-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Fate_of_Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #70
Joshrocker48
To The Dogs or Whoever

I am a Christian therefore I am a creationist. I don't necessarily believed we were created in 6 literal days though. Its funny that we measure days by the sun and the moon but according to the Bible they were only created in day 4. It may seem illogical to some of you to believe in a Divine Power as the Creator of the universe without scientific proven fact. But neither is evolution. I could go on and on about why I am living my life as a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues-guitarist
the bible is not supposed to be taken literally...

Joshrocker48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #71
rizo299
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Corn
explain?

Psuedo-science, it looks like science on the surface but when you take a second glance its obvious that its not actually scientific in its method's at all.

Claims of supernatural origins of life aren't science because they can't be tested by experiment, observed in anyway, they don't generate any predictions and they make no new hypotheses of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine
Oh for fucks sakes.

X_______X Fucking scientists should just let it go.

Believe me, when you've looked at all the evidence and background to the theory it makes a lot of sense. The fact that atoms exist in more than one place at a time is evidence of the existance of multiple dimensions
Don't Join This group. seriously.

Last edited by rizo299 : 12-16-2007 at 02:47 PM.
rizo299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #72
bequickorbedead
bedeadorbequick

Quote:
lol. can you read? i just said that the two dont mix as is. AS IS. i said you have to change one of them. people sometimes....

If you mix two things they do change. You change both sides. You are so fucking stupid. No one said both happened, of course they contradict. Some people are just saying you can take some things from either side and make a third theory...
bequickorbedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #73
Rust_in_Peace34
Pancakes are my business

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Rust_in_Peace34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #74
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_of_Mind
Well, I understand that. But some people aren't going to believe that. Humans are stubborn by nature, and not everybody will agree on the same thing no matter how much evidence is given. The evidence is why if I were to make a decision, I would believe in evolution. But my point was that too many people make a big deal out of it, as if it's the end of the world if you evolved from something (gorillas being my example because it's the most common) as opposed to being created. I've seen people tear at each other's throats until they didn't have anything more to say over this topic and other topics like this. I just don't really care too much . As great as it is to have all the answers to life, some matter less than others. I'm not going to feel any better knowing how I came to be what I am.

EDIT:

No, the concept of the number 2 alone cannot be the concept of the number 3 also. But, the concept of the number 2 added to the concept of the number 1 can become the concept of the number 3. Which is the point that they are trying to make. Just make 3 the hybrid of theories, make 1 evolution, and 2 creationism.

i understand but im saying they dont mix. science and creationism contradict. science tries to explain the universe without a creator. it follows evidence to answers and works with what is known and given. creationsim is the opposite. the two theories dont mix unless you change one of them. thats what ive been saying.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #75
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrocker48
I am a Christian therefore I am a creationist.
If you believe Creationism contradicts Evolution, then this statement is a logical fallacy.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #76
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #77
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bequickorbedead
If you mix two things they do change. You change both sides. You are so fucking stupid. No one said both happened, of course they contradict. Some people are just saying you can take some things from either side and make a third theory...

yea and that is fu*king stupid sorry to say. when you do that, you are just picking and choosing what you think is best. its not about actual evidence anymore. its just personal opinions and dont really mean anything when finding answers. if you think god guided evolution, your belief isnt backed up by any side. its illogical to believe in this. the two as is dont mix and when you try to mix them, its useless because it isnt backed by anything.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #78
Mutant Corn
A-maize-ing

Quote:
Psuedo-science, it looks like science on the surface but when you take a second glance its obvious that its not actually scientific in its method's at all.

Claims of supernatural origins of life aren't science because they can't be tested by experiment, observed in anyway, they don't generate any predictions and they make no new hypotheses of their own.

Pseudo-science...like when soil samples from several parts of the world showed evidence of the flood in a time period corresponding to the one mentioned in genesis? Or maybe when one of king Solomon's stables was found by archaeologists that corresponded to the size the kingdom was supposed to be? Or when the story of Jesus was predicted over 800 years before his birth? Or when astronomers found that the "star" over Jesus's birth was actually there near the time when he was supposed to be born?

...I could go on with this all day...
Old 12-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #79
Joshrocker48
To The Dogs or Whoever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
If you believe Creationism contradicts Evolution, then this statement is a logical fallacy.

I didn't elaborate. What I said was that I am a creationist which means belief in a creator (intelligent design). I am by no means saying evolution is non-existent. Because there is proof of it. Organisms do change from generation to generation. But also proof of evolution does not mean that there was no intelligent design. Saying that would also be a logical fallacy.
Joshrocker48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #80
Rust_in_Peace34
Pancakes are my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
I'm sorry, but I just am not going to watch all of that.

Neither did I. I just thought it was an interesting series and fitting to this thread.

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Rust_in_Peace34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: