Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
SIX-FIDDY

Hello from Georgia, USA

What a great forum, especially for newbies like myself. I own and play a Vintage 1962 Gibson J-45 ( Cherry sunburst ). I recieved this guitar from my DAD when I was only 16. I've own this wonderful instrument for over 32 years. I've thought about selling it numerous times through the years, but since my dad passed away last year, this Gibson J-45 has taken on new meaning ! I can remember as a young boy, around 5-6 years old, I would lay my ear against the guitar body as my DAD would strum out cords as he sang songs he had written, country and gospel. I can recall how mellow the tones were coming from this guitar. It's amazing how picking up this old guitar brings me back to a different place and time, and a rush of emotion that exist only because of the man that use to play it. I wish all of you would of had a chance to meet HIM ! I have always said. " I hope I'm half the man my DAD is!" and I am.
I am originally from Alabama and most of my family are still in that area. Besides picking up my Gibson from time to time, I also like riding motorcycles, travel, and pretty much anything out doors.
SIX-FIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Thornography

Har thar.

Sorry about your dad, and enjoy your stay.
Thornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
SIX-FIDDY

Thanks !
SIX-FIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
divid3d
we fall.

hello and welcome to UG

we have a thread for introducing yourself right here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=712005
feel free to repost your introduction there
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: