User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #61
steven seagull
not really a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDesign
If you think of it, pushing the trem bar down and getting the strings all flappy is the same thing.

Don't leave em off for days, but 5-10 minutes to change strings isn't a big deal.

No it's not - if you dump the trem down while playing you've got the strings there to balance with the springs and bring you back to pitch.

If you take all the strings off the guitar then you've got a ballache of a time trying to re-tune, there's simply no point taking them all off. Change strings one at a time, it's a lot quicker to simply bring the new string up to tension before replacing the next one. It's also a lot less wear and tear on the knife edges which is naturally a concern on a cheap bridge with flaky knife edges like the Edge 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #62
Crane965

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousjp
my paint is wearing off my trem....what should i do?

I think they all do that.
I don't really worry about it, it looks good on my guitar, not sure about yours though.
Crane965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #63
SilverSpurs616
AKA VypyrVai

Perhaps not the most in-depth guide, but for those who are experienced with trem systems the picture alone is enough to get that Edge III sorted.

I recently got my RG350 back from being fully setup and serviced, and the tech himself with decades of experience didn't know about this subtle difference on the Edge III. I didn't complain however as he did a fabulous job on every other area of the guitar.

As for the Edge III being a suckish trem, well sure it isn't the best out there. But it's certainly far from the worst when taken care of, and considering that most of the "better" trems would cost more than a mid-range RG..great value. Having said all that, I'll be replacing it when I get the cash

Ibanez RG1527 - Dimarzio Air Norton 7 & Evo 7
[BIbanez RG1XXV[/B]
LTD EC256 /w EMG 81/60
Elixir Strings - Dunlop Petrucci Jazz picks

www.youtube.com/user/VypyrVai
SilverSpurs616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #64
lionheart_82184

I was wondering if someone could tell me how tight the springs on a tremolo should be. I have an Ibanez 320 DXQM w/ a Edge 3 Floating Tremolo. I adjusted the bridge pegs to set the front of the bridge level with the guitar. Now what? Prop the bridge up (level with the guitar) and, tune the guitar, right? And then take the prop out and the strings will hold against the strength of the springs. Correct? What physics law is that based on?
lionheart_82184 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: