Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > General Information & Announcements
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
mkodesch

Yea, your contests are rigged.

This got closed in a different forum. I believe this belongs here.

UG Contests seem rigged. The contest winners are like 50/50 guys and girls. There arent that many girl guitar players and the chances of that are highly unlikely. The names are all american names, as if no foreigners lived here in america.

I dont care about winning things, but at least give the prizes to someone. False advertising sucks man.
mkodesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Paul Lambeth
The post's over there ->

You have absolutely no evidence regarding this. There are many females who play guitar or have interest in music, and it's up to nobody to claim otherwise.

And British/American people as a majority use this website - though there are also many other nationalities in smaller proportion, people may adopt the surnames (marrying into a country) or firstnames of their residential country.

Don't be accusational with no evidence for.

We also need no flame war, so I'm not going to respond any more to this thread.
Paul Lambeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
mkodesch

Its not evidence that im presenting its common sense. Guys outweigh girls 10fold and you know it. Dont be UGs little protector.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodesch
Its not evidence that im presenting its common sense. Guys outweigh girls 10fold and you know it. Dont be UGs little protector.

I wasn't laughing WITH you, son.

Firstly, proof. Get some. Even though there is none.

Secondly, don't be such a f*cking baby.

Thirdly, get more proof.

Get the picture?

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
fretsonfire74
UG's anti-semite

Quote:

i think you're just annoyed that you're not winning these competitions. do you do this in sporting events? if you don't win then you have a whinge? please, keep opinions like this to yourself. and no i don't think they're rigged, i think the mods have better things to do than rig them. also, why would they rig them?
fretsonfire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Why WOULD mods rig contests for girls that they will most likely have no contact WHATSOEVER with?

And why do you presume that only guitarists visit this site?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
mkodesch

can anyone respond to this who isnt a forum troller?

and i believe this is a site suggestion forum, not a flame forum.

My evidence is that girls are winning contests 50% of the time, and I HIGHLY doubt that 50% of contest entries are from girls. You're right, im foolish to think that all people who visit this site are guitarists, but my point is, that most people who visit this site are guys, not girls. Get real. Use common sense.

Fretsonfire: contests arent comparable to sporting events. you dont get a drawing out of a hat and win the US Open.

Mods would rig contests with fake names so they dont have to give prizes away. That makes a lot of sense to me. Look at all the names.. They are all biblical christian names, usually one syllable, with very english last names.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
can anyone respond to this who isnt a forum troller?

and i believe this is a site suggestion forum, not a flame forum.

If anything, YOU'RE trolling, by making this ludicrous accusation.

And it's not exactly a suggestion, is it?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
mkodesch

you are deaf, you didnt read a single word I wrote, and i've been patient. you havent considered what I wrote either. so to be honest, I really dont care what you have to write, and I will wait for someone with a decent reply.

saying "you're ludicrous" doesnt mean much to me little buddy.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

You are accusing a website of rigging contests. That's a HUGE accusation. Especially since UG has little to do with contests as well, as my knowledge currently stands.

Quote:
Mods would rig contests with fake names so they dont have to give prizes away. That makes a lot of sense to me. Look at all the names.. They are all biblical christian names, usually one syllable, with very english last names.

This point is probably the biggest amount of bollocks I've read. They aren't all "biblical christian names" at all. There is no conspiracy, you haven't worked out some sort of malpractice.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
Paul Lambeth
The post's over there ->

Quote:
I will wait for someone with a decent reply.

I think I have the right to go back on my word here...

"I will wait for someone with a decent reply" to you means "I will wait for someone else who thinks the contests are rigged with no evidence other than girls winning it as much as boys".

If you really think it this much, you could take it to the courts, but as they are claiming no money for it there's no damages done.

Is that a decent reply for you?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Phillitalian
UG's Filipino/Italian Guy

Quote:
you are deaf, you didnt read a single word I wrote, and i've been patient.

i just had to laugh at you there
Originally Posted by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Phillitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
fretsonfire74
UG's anti-semite

Quote:
Fretsonfire: contests arent comparable to sporting events. you dont get a drawing out of a hat and win the US Open.

thats not what i meant, what i meant was does he throw a tantrum every time he loses a sporting event, or if he doesn't do well in an exam etc.
fretsonfire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
mkodesch

Thanks Paul. I love the sarcasm, and once again, im not trying to start a flame war or anything like that here. Im just trying to see if anyone else agrees with this idea. The fact that the same 4 people keep saying "im a ludicrous idiot" doesnt really get anything accomplished now, does it?

Elaine Cassell. Cole Mayer. Anthony Thibodeaux; Michael Thomas, Ashley Myers, Rory Thompson, Conor Schley, Shelli Workman. Brad Gillespie; Carol Lowman, Daved Terrell, Jimmie Applegate, Lori Malone. Jordan Lane; Katherine Martin; Nick Fazio. Irene Lacommare, Carl Johnson, Sara Alvaro. Timothy Chalfant; Catherine KingChuparkoff, John Geddie, Suzanne Reichel, Keith Blanda, Chuck Holland. Trisha Johnson; Stephen Barbera, Jennifer Barr. Scott Reynolds. Rebekah Rutley.

13 girls, 17 guys. Nearly every other. Thats really all the proof i can get. Almost all simple, american names.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
SilentDeftone
UG God

The mods have nothing to do with the contests.

The owners and operators of UG are Russian, so much for your "american bias."

-SD

College Dodgeball
SilentDeftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
mkodesch

phillitalian: you're right, that was dumb, but what i meant was true. the kid kept on saying im an idiot to everything i wrote, its annoying.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Paul Lambeth
The post's over there ->

Quote:
Thanks Paul. I love the sarcasm, and once again, im not trying to start a flame war or anything like that here. Im just trying to see if anyone else agrees with this idea. The fact that the same 4 people keep saying "im a ludicrous idiot" doesnt really get anything accomplished now, does it?

Elaine Cassell. Cole Mayer. Anthony Thibodeaux; Michael Thomas, Ashley Myers, Rory Thompson, Conor Schley, Shelli Workman. Brad Gillespie; Carol Lowman, Daved Terrell, Jimmie Applegate, Lori Malone. Jordan Lane; Katherine Martin; Nick Fazio. Irene Lacommare, Carl Johnson, Sara Alvaro. Timothy Chalfant; Catherine KingChuparkoff, John Geddie, Suzanne Reichel, Keith Blanda, Chuck Holland. Trisha Johnson; Stephen Barbera, Jennifer Barr. Scott Reynolds. Rebekah Rutley.

13 girls, 17 guys. Nearly every other. Thats really all the proof i can get. Almost all simple, american names.

The sarcasm was purely in the last line. I've given a reason that there's no point to raising it, even if it were true.

"13 girls, 17 guys"
That's not 50:50. That's a majority of guys.

"Almost all"
That's not all. And as I said, almost all WOULD be simple American/British names.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
mkodesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDeftone
The mods have nothing to do with the contests.

The owners and operators of UG are Russian, so much for your "american bias."

-SD

the point im trying to make is that noone is winning. these are fake, generic names. please, read the posts before criticizing me.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
phillitalian: you're right, that was dumb, but what i meant was true. the kid kept on saying im an idiot to everything i wrote, its annoying.

I don't think anyone except you has used the word "idiot" in this thread.

UG has very little to do with the contests. Take it up with the contest organisers if you're feeling righteous.

Quote:
the point im trying to make is that noone is winning. these are fake, generic names. please, read the posts before criticizing me.

Again, where is your proof for this? You have a list of names, that proves nothing.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #20
mkodesch

paul: have you ever taken a stats course? you really arent being reasonable. it should be 29 guys and 1 girl. thats somewhat believable. but nearly 50:50 is quite ridiculous.

dont try and argue this, im not changing my opinion on who visits and enters these contests. when was the last time you even saw a girl post on these forums? honestly?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: