Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #3341
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game

Bye Amy. Your exit fucking sucked. OH BY THE WAY THERES SUDDENLY STILL AN ANGEL LOL BAI Da fuck.

I liked the rest of the episode honestly, except my ongoing sticking point that there's no reason for someone like Amy to have any interest in a boring clod like Rory, but I've stuffed that lol. Enjoyed the Angels, enjoyed the idea of their farm and the fixed points in the book, didn't hate River, fun times.

Only beefs are the LOL SUDDENLY ANGEL and the fact that Winter Quay was pronounced Winter Key. COME ON

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)
SteveHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #3342
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

My assumption would be that this angel was somehow unrelated to the others, one that existed separately from the paradox.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #3343
rock.freak667
Time Traveler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antis0cial

Pic from them at a party... it's creeping me out a bit. And they both look a bit mental out of their eyes.

Matt Smith looks like he was photoshopped
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #3344
Vampire 255
UG's DVD/BD Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
Only beefs are the LOL SUDDENLY ANGEL and the fact that Winter Quay was pronounced Winter Key. COME ON

"Quay" is pronounced as "Key".

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Vampire 255 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #3345
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire 255

Yep.

Also, what's wrong with Rory? So, he isnt a time lord - he's loyal, not bad looking, has a nice enough personality and is kind.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #3346
SteveHouse

He's fuccking boring and mopey. And until the very end of last season was whiney as all hell too.
Quote:

in what language

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #3347
Hydra150
not so cowardly

English.

Also, you're boring and mopey
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #3348
Vampire 255
UG's DVD/BD Collector

Quote:
in what language

English.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #3349
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine

Quote:
in what language

English mate. You're thinking of the River Kwai.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #3350
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

lulz

I've enjoy Rory's progression from mopey, whinging git in season 5 to awesome, "I am seriously in this for the long haul", Centurion of arse-kicking in later season 6/early season 7. Apart from anything else, season 7 really cemented the opinion that he's also the most well rounded and "human" of the companions in recent memory. Moffat's underrated gem, IMO.

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #3351
SteveHouse

Quote:
I liked the rest of the episode honestly, except my ongoing sticking point that there's no reason for someone like Amy to have any interest in a boring clod like Rory, but I've stuffed that lol.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #3352
girlgerms007
mostly harmless

Rory was not a boring clod - he was gorgeous and romantic! I liked the exit Ponds episode: especially the use of the typewriter which was a good device in different ways ..

This may have been answered already, or explained in the show, but it's really bugging me: if the angels have a custom of covering their eyes when they are like statues, then how do they know when you blink?

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
girlgerms007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #3353
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

^ I think it's more like they are just physically incapable of moving when someone sees them, regardless of whether or not they can see the person.

And I liked Rory as a companion, I was hoping there would be an episode with just him and the Doctor at some point to change things up.

Last edited by edgeyyz : 10-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.
edgeyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #3354
rabidguitarist
Ethnomusicologist

Quote:
I liked the rest of the episode honestly, except my ongoing sticking point that there's no reason for someone like Amy to have any interest in a boring clod like Rory, but I've stuffed that lol. Enjoyed the Angels, enjoyed the idea of their farm and the fixed points in the book, didn't hate River, fun times.

We've been taken on a tangent to teach us that moral that women just love bastards.

But there's a happy ending. Rory isn't boring in any way, he's lovely.
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
rabidguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #3355
JAHellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
lulz

I've enjoy Rory's progression from mopey, whinging git in season 5 to awesome, "I am seriously in this for the long haul", Centurion of arse-kicking in later season 6/early season 7. Apart from anything else, season 7 really cemented the opinion that he's also the most well rounded and "human" of the companions in recent memory. Moffat's underrated gem, IMO.

Yeah, that's definitely how I feel about him as well. He was one of the few Who characters I can think of since it came back that really progressed. or maybe everyone's perception of him just changed lol
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #3356
Dirge Humani
Tyler

Quote:

Wouldn't be over here, and since the setting was in New York, it definitely sounded wrong.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
You can see the individual pores on Lara's titty skin.
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #3357
JAHellraiser

Rory’s dad, Brian Williams, only appeared in two episodes but swiftly established himself as a favourite amongst Doctor Who’s audience. After Amy and Rory’s heart-breaking departure in The Angels Take Manhattan we received many emails asking what happened next to Brian. Did he ever find out what took his son and daughter-in-law? If so, how? And would Brian – and viewers - ever learn more about Amy and Rory’s life after the Doctor?

A special scene was written by Chris Chibnall that revealed some of the answers but sadly, the sequence was never shot. However, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bringing you the scene tomorrow. Using animated storyboards and a voice-over specially recorded by Arthur Darvill, we’ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels.

It begins with Brian alone, doing what he once told the Doctor must be done – watering the plants. But his life is about to change forever…

Doctor Who’s Executive Producer, Caro Skinner, said, ‘We’re delighted we can present this lovely scene written by Chris Chibnall. People took Rory’s dad, Brian, to their hearts very quickly, so it’s fitting we can give the character a degree of closure in this poignant piece.’

P.S. is a short video written by Chris Chibnall and will be essential viewing for anyone who wants to know more about what happened to Brian, Amy and Rory. It will be available to watch on this site tomorrow, Friday, 12th October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwh...n-and-the-Ponds
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #3358
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Rory’s dad, Brian Williams, only appeared in two episodes but swiftly established himself as a favourite amongst Doctor Who’s audience. After Amy and Rory’s heart-breaking departure in The Angels Take Manhattan we received many emails asking what happened next to Brian. Did he ever find out what took his son and daughter-in-law? If so, how? And would Brian – and viewers - ever learn more about Amy and Rory’s life after the Doctor?

A special scene was written by Chris Chibnall that revealed some of the answers but sadly, the sequence was never shot. However, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bringing you the scene tomorrow. Using animated storyboards and a voice-over specially recorded by Arthur Darvill, we’ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels.

It begins with Brian alone, doing what he once told the Doctor must be done – watering the plants. But his life is about to change forever…

Doctor Who’s Executive Producer, Caro Skinner, said, ‘We’re delighted we can present this lovely scene written by Chris Chibnall. People took Rory’s dad, Brian, to their hearts very quickly, so it’s fitting we can give the character a degree of closure in this poignant piece.’

P.S. is a short video written by Chris Chibnall and will be essential viewing for anyone who wants to know more about what happened to Brian, Amy and Rory. It will be available to watch on this site tomorrow, Friday, 12th October.

Tomorrow?
Aw man I can't wait until tomorrow.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #3359
Vampire 255
UG's DVD/BD Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
Wouldn't be over here, and since the setting was in New York, it definitely sounded wrong.

Yes but the people involved were British (well, Rory and Amy are and the Doctor usually seems to have British companions).

Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #3360
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser

I definitely would have preferred a scene in the episode, but I'm glad they're doing something about him. I sort of hoped he would become a temporary companion, like Wilfred.

Rate This Thread: