Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #61
DigUpHerBones
I don't like The Misfits.
 
DigUpHerBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFOD
True. I thought the Christopher Eccleston series was pretty good (Especially the episode with Simon Pegg) but it was all downhill from there. There's been the occaisional good episode, but mostly I haven't bothered to watch this series at all, except for this episode.


Great storyline in Christopher Eccleston series: Empty Child/Doctor Dance

Written by: new head writer .
__________________
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
DigUpHerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #62
Jakeylee111
Registered User
 
Jakeylee111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I can't be assed to watch the current season, just seems so crappy.
__________________
Talk to Erowid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-fish
Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".



Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Jakeylee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #63
Minkaro
UG Monkey
 
Minkaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
I read on the BBC site that Russell T. Davies is stepping down soon. To be replaced by Stephen Moffat.

(Stephen is the guy who wrote Blink, and those episodes in the library. He's really good)
__________________
Manchester United


I've been known to wear a fine black suit and a murder of a tie
I've got miles on my shoes that your brothers can't buy


Twitter
Minkaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #64
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
 
break-me-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
I read on the BBC site that Russell T. Davies is stepping down soon. To be replaced by Stephen Moffat.

(Stephen is the guy who wrote Blink, and those episodes in the library. He's really good)


I heard he's not becoming head writer for another year or two...
__________________
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.


Confused? Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
break-me-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #65
DigUpHerBones
I don't like The Misfits.
 
DigUpHerBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by break-me-in
I heard he's not becoming head writer for another year or two...


He's becoming the head writer after this series, as this is RTs last .
__________________
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
DigUpHerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #66
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
 
break-me-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigUpHerBones
He's becoming the head writer after this series, as this is RTs last .




*dances**throws a party*
__________________
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.


Confused? Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
break-me-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #67
DigUpHerBones
I don't like The Misfits.
 
DigUpHerBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by break-me-in


*dances**throws a party*


That's why Russell T's been getting desperate and throwing all he has in to the last few episodes of this series. Unfortunately, he's not even good at that.
__________________
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
DigUpHerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #68
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
 
break-me-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigUpHerBones
That's why Russell T's been getting desperate and throwing all he has in to the last few episodes of this series. Unfortunately, he's not even good at that.


He just doesn't understand the concept of understatement. He thinks that the series has to be bigger to be better.
__________________
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.


Confused? Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
break-me-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #69
[x]Huffy[x]
UG's Isaac Clarke
 
[x]Huffy[x]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The tree directly opposite your bedroom window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeylee111
I can't be assed to watch the current season, just seems so crappy.

Season?

SEASON?!


This ain't America, son.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.


ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[x]Huffy[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #70
ctb
 
ctb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
New Doctor: Jonathan Ross.

Prepare for the TAWDIS!


now that davwos 'as buggered off and his dawliks.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #71
Minkaro
UG Monkey
 
Minkaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Dalek Caan's appearance in the latest episode was based on Russell's personality in creative meetings.
__________________
Manchester United


I've been known to wear a fine black suit and a murder of a tie
I've got miles on my shoes that your brothers can't buy


Twitter
Minkaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #72
Jakeylee111
Registered User
 
Jakeylee111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by [x]Huffy[x]
Season?

SEASON?!


This ain't America, son.

I'm being americanised...

Must. invade. Iran.


Actually whats the name of the episode in the library, that looked pretty damn good.
__________________
Talk to Erowid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-fish
Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".



Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Jakeylee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #73
John W
Pff! LOOK OUT!
 
John W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGERLUUND
JESUS CHRIST CLIFFHANGER

(allcapspls)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
John W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #74
ctfod
Your move, creep
 
ctfod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
New Doctor: Jonathan Ross.

Prepare for the TAWDIS!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever


he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
ctfod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #75
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Oooh I can't wait for next week's episode.
It all seems so far fetched at the moment, they better have a killer explanation for all of this.

Just as long as they don't pull the 'it was all a dream' ending.

Now THAT would be terrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #76
DigUpHerBones
I don't like The Misfits.
 
DigUpHerBones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by break-me-in
He just doesn't understand the concept of understatement. He thinks that the series has to be bigger to be better.


Purdy mooch .
__________________
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
DigUpHerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #77
[x]Huffy[x]
UG's Isaac Clarke
 
[x]Huffy[x]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The tree directly opposite your bedroom window.
I'm gonna be pissed if he regenerates as the same Doctor.

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY DAMMIT.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.


ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[x]Huffy[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #78
<Craig>
Mystical Potato Head
 
<Craig>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Balloch, Scotland
Im thinking it's something to do with the Doctor's severed hand in the jar that'll keep him from regenerating, it'll have "enough energy stored in it because it's been there in the TARDIS, absorbing space particles for so long" or something.

Unless the feature length episodes are going to be told as flashbacks with Tennant in them, (potential for a Rose, Martha and Donna story each?) and the next proper series will introduce the 11th Doctor.

Hope it stays Tennant tho, one of Britain's best actors at the moment.
<Craig> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #79
hazzmatazz
Lobe Bowie.
 
hazzmatazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lost in the Superunknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
New Doctor: Jonathan Ross.

Prepare for the TAWDIS!




Actually, he is honestly the only other person I would want playing the Docter, because at least then it couldn't get any worse if Tennant isn't in it.
hazzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #80
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
 
break-me-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Oooh I can't wait for next week's episode.
It all seems so far fetched at the moment, they better have a killer explanation for all of this.

Just as long as they don't pull the 'it was all a dream' ending.

Now THAT would be terrible.


For a second, I thought "Nah, that's ridiculous". But, Russel T Davies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [x
Huffy[x] ]I'm gonna be pissed if he regenerates as the same Doctor.

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY DAMMIT.


I'd bet good money he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeylee111
Actually whats the name of the episode in the library, that looked pretty damn good.


Once again, written by Moffat.
__________________
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.


Confused? Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

Last edited by break-me-in : 06-28-2008 at 04:06 PM.
break-me-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.