Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 07:42 AM   #1
Sakata93

Hi! Frustrated newbie here, *waves*

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm a frustrated newbie. I've been pursuing a music career for the last 2 years (I know, not long), but because I'm Japanese, I find it's extremely hard finding other Japanese musicians in general, let alone those who want to form a band seriously.

Until recently I was in a trio whom I thought were really going somewhere and were serious about their work, but it all fell apart (jobs, moving, etc.) and I'm alone again sitting by myself on a little rock in the middle of the ocean, making a living but doing nothing I enjoy. I've all but given up on this idea of being in a band, so I figured I'd at least join a forum to enjoy "like company" as compensation.

Anyway confession time, I actually play the bass only. I have guitars, but I was the bass player in what used to be a band.

Well, that's it. I hope to learn a lot here, I am not good at the guitar at all, but I do love to play and I love music as well.

See everyone around,

-Sakata93
Sakata93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #2
StarGeezerTim
Guitar Geezer

Welcome Sakata! Don't be too discouraged: it's been my experience that life somehow manages to eventually "make room" for one's gifts. Just keep playing, enjoy it, and at some point opportunity will present itself. Best of luck, and look forward to seeing you around the forums.

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #3
thetinysurvivor

Welcome to the forums, I feel the pain, living in a town with a dead music scene sucks because musicians can be scarce. Just keep playing music, in my experience music has a funny way of bringing musicians together at the right time
thetinysurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: