Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #81
Jmacswizzle
Doing Work Daily

hey whats up, i'm new haha. my name is Jordan call me Jmac... whatever. I play guitar in my spare time when I'm not doing sports or at school/work. I am trying to get better, but I only just started. I played guitar from when I was 12 to when I was 13, then stopped.
Jmacswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #82
swanson93

hey
my names alex. i loved this site, so i figured i'd join.
ive been playing guitar for bout a year now, bass for a half year. i bought my first electric last november, about.

guess ill see you guys around
swanson93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #83
guitarwizz360

yo newbies page forum right? well ive just joined like 10minutes ago haha.
ive been visiting this page for ages and it just occured to me that i might decide to join this.

hmm what can i say? ive been playing guitar on and off for about 2 years almost and i wont say im very good at it.

i play an epiphone sg gothic edition

and a white ibanez SZ320ex

guitarwizz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #84
RCH15
That new guy.

I play some really cheap Sears starter thing. I like the color of it. I've only been playing since September.
RCH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #85
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Hey guys and girls, welcome to UG

Just a tip, stay out of the Pit for a while. It's hell in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #86
gurgurguy

Hello, I've been playing guitar for 1.5 years and I own an Ibanez GRX20, and Ibanez RG350DX, and some crappy acoustic guitar I got from Walmart way back in the day. I don't know why I have 2 Ibanez guitars from the RG Tremolo series, but I think I may have just wasted my money on one of them :S.
Anyways, I'm happy to have finally signed up for this forum lol..
I really never thought of registering until now, even though I've been using this site for quite a while
gurgurguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:07 AM   #87
Megallica Dude

Welcome all new people
Old 03-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #88
commando2

hi everyone
i'm Fahad... n known among my friends as commando... they call me coz of my body... i hv n athletic kinda look..
i turnd 20 this year. n i baught new accustic guitar. wid nilon strings. i dono how to tune it n started playin it with my eyes n ears closed. hope to talk 2 u guys sooon...
commando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #89
Christofizz
likes KFC

Hello everyone, this is my first post
Christofizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #90
metalanarchist
Headbanger

Aiyoo, name's Kennie.
I've been playing guitar for 7 years, but I've had no professional training whatsoever so I'm stuck with rhythm guitar
My main influences are Fear Factory, Divine Heresy, Meshuggah, basically bands that have intense and complex picking.
I'm also a well known songwriter in my school and I can hold my own with bass (2 years), drums (6 months), keyboard (2 years), and singing (3 years).

So yeah, what be happening?

Ibanez Iceman ICX220DX, Line 6 Spider III 150W, Roland E-09, Meinl Doumbek, Shure PG48, Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 502
metalanarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #91
atolleter

hello all,

New to the forums, name is Arnaud from NY. I like to play mainly Hendrix, SRV, Freddie King, Johnny Winter, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, the list goes on, and some classic rock. My gears are, Fender Strat, Standard PUs, sunburst, maple neck, 1971 Guild S50, 1975 Alvarez Country Rambler acoustic, played through 80's Fender Champ 12, which I'll be modding soon with some Torres hardware.
atolleter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #92
airsoftjake

hey everybody! I'm Jacob my friends call me jake. I'm 16 years old and I've been playing bass for about 6 months and I'm in a band called Section 8. check out my profile to learn more!
airsoftjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #93
divid3d
we fall.

Welcome to UG everyone!

Please read the Rules and the FAQ before posting, they will answer a lot of your questions!

Feel free to ask in this forum if you're confused about anything
Old 03-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #94
Le_Meow117
teh baconator

HI!
I'm Le Meow, im a n00b (duh) i play guitar (I JUST STARTED) and i like bacon. A lot.
Le_Meow117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #95
Lethal Dosage
Break it Down

Hey Im lethal dosage. I have been playing guitar for 2 years now. I love classic rock and hardcore metal like Lamb of God. I also like playing my Xbox 360 from time to time and working at my job.
Lethal Dosage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #96
doubleknavery
he eschews obfuscation

hi, my name's doubleknavery and i'm an alcoholic.
okay so not really. Burpin' Worm kindly directed me to this thread, after i posted my own (headdesk).
i've been "playing" for about 5 years. well, i started playing 5 years ago, *actually* played for a year, and now i'm making a comeback. i played bass in a band for 2 years, and i'm musical, so i'm not a beginner, and i can pick stuff up with relative ease.
i'm into indie stuff (pete murray, brendan benson, etc) rocky stuff (nada surf, foo fighters, etc) and electronica (lol not worth mentioning on this forum).
but yeah. hoping to pick up some tips, riffs, and be active in this community.
doubleknavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #97
thr_wedge

I am trying to get back into playing, haven't played in the last 7 years really, maybe more.

I can read music, also played the violin, viola and oboe before I got my first guitar and now I am just trying to get back into it, and hopefully make some better gear choices than I did in the past.
thr_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #98
JvL
Banned

Location: Lisse, Holland, Europe, The World, Milky-way, Galaxy... eeeh... some dark place
HI

*looks to the left*

dammit!
I'm not new...

I wanna be new!
JvL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #99
Pott
Frenchman of tone

Hey! Well I'm Pierre and right now I'm a bit frenched off as I just typed in a long post and my PC proceeded as usual to crash on me.

So I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, with my family in Amsterdam, Netherlands, even though I'm French.

I've been playing since I'm 18, so three years ago. I have a musically uncultured family so I started pretty much on my own, I'm entirely self taught and not doing too bad I believe. I play mostly Blues though also a lot of metal, punk, ska, rock, country, and everything in between.

I'm a guitar tech and have been doing it for a while now, I have some recuring customers who seem to be happy with what I do. My guitars are my babies and extremely well taken care of and I'd be more than happy to do so for other people's too.

I have a 88 Charvel model 4, a 2002 highway Strat I bought this christmas to myself and a 88 Charvel model 1a which is currently in works...and has been for a couple of years now. None of my stuff stays the same for too long, especially not my guitars. None are original. I usually rewire them and change the pickups as well as do my own setups.

I use a bunch of pedals which I mod too. And I play all this through a Laney VC15.

Dunno what else. I'm a student and I don't really like it...Don't know what else to say. Hopefully I'll contribute and help on here! I'm also a heavy poster on the Seymour Duncan Forums as Pierre and on the JFC, HC, Gear Page, Bareknuckle Forums, DIY stompbox and others... but a bit less.
Pott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #100
Dethtallica

well im not really new i got banned once for being dumb because i dont know what to say on forums. so im introducing myself
give me some tips on what to say on forums?
Dethtallica is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: