Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #81
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledfang
I thought about that after I posted it. I was like, "Damn, I sound way too happy to answer questions."

I really have happened to play several Hags lately though. I'm really just wanting to help get information out there, because I had a lot of trouble finding info when I was looking into the brand.

EDIT: The neck really smooth and comfy to play on with the satin finish.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm a salesman for the brand too, when I post about how much I like mine. The thing is that it's hard to get info, and the guitars are so good, it's hard to remain objective and not start preaching the Gospel of Hag. I usually try to temper my enthusiasm by also pointing out the few shortcomings as well, just so I don't sound like I've joined a cult or something.

--- D
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #82
BCFC

Can't decide between a Super Swede or an XL5 now. I really want something versatile, that can do both metal and warm, post rock cleans. How's the XL5 sound compared to the Super Swede? Will I miss the mahogany body, or does the basswood sound alright for those thick, warm sounds?
BCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #83
twisty571

Wed. my G400 comes & it's a showdown of the 2 for comfort etc.
If it turns out I don't like the G400 it might turn into a Strat or another Hagstrom but I doubt it since so many people seem to enjoy the heck out of thiers
Nice XL-5 Sledfang
Old 05-17-2008, 02:45 AM   #84
Lastin
Hagstrom4Life[SS]

My Super Swede is the first guitar i've ever owned. Thought I was buying a cheap guitar because of the price, but was wrong I guess. I love this guitar, don't see me really using anything other that what i've got now.

Why are they so cheap?

Super Swede
Blues Jr
Cry Baby 535Q
TS-808
Supa-Trem
Decimator
Lastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #85
BCFC

Alright, so I just went into town and came back with a Super Swede in black. 299, absolute bargain if you ask me. Compared it to the Epiphone standard, it beat it quite easily in distortion, Epi was a little better clean I thought but nothing that fiddling with the amp can't fix, and the neck on this is far nicer than the epi neck. Only complaint I have is the lower fret access, but I barely ever use them.

It also weighs a noticable amount more than the Epi, but that doesn't bother me.

Yay!
BCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #86
sammyjay
I'm using the Internet!

well guys, I made a purchase of the Hagstrom F-301. Sadly they didn't have one in the store but I did get to play a vintage 60's Hagstrom H1 model. I'll post a review on it when I get the ax. Hopefully with pictures. I can't wait to compare the neck to my Ibanez RG.
sammyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #87
xXForget itXx

I'm getting a Super Swede next month (Norway is an expensive country) Cant wait
xXForget itXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #88
twisty571

ok guys I'll be joining the ranks again,I didn't like the G-400 & felt the F-200 was a better guitar so in a couple weeks I'll have a Deluxe or Swede or Super Swede. Cleared it with momma so I can has My ol' lady not mommy

Last edited by twisty571 : 08-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #89
twisty571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastin
My Super Swede is the first guitar i've ever owned. Thought I was buying a cheap guitar because of the price, but was wrong I guess. I love this guitar, don't see me really using anything other that what i've got now.

Why are they so cheap?

hey man someone wrote on your guitar Who is it?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #90
Lastin
Hagstrom4Life[SS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571
hey man someone wrote on your guitar Who is it?

Nazareth, they came to Fort St. John BC one summer, about two years ago I think.

I've had this plan to get that hagstrom signed by as many old/classic rock players as I can.

I have one of the new Hagstrom acoustics on order, suppose to be a cutaway with pickups, all I know about it, I'm a die hard hagstrom fan so I just said go ahead and order it. The acoustics aren't advertised on the site so not sure what model it was.

Next on the list is to get my hands on one of the grade A select super swedes. I love the feel of these guitars, and I've had no trouble getting any kind of sound of these.

Super Swede
Blues Jr
Cry Baby 535Q
TS-808
Supa-Trem
Decimator
Lastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #91
digman50
Don't tread on this

elvis used a hagstrom viking deluxe in the 68 comeback special
he borrowed it though
nice red colour
digman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #92
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE

Old 09-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #93
shvmr

Hey Guys, had my Select Swede for a few months. Love it, but not for leads, more a great rhythm guitar, due to that BIG assed Neck where it meets the body. hagstrom cheaped out a bit on this one, but still, great guitar for the price. I can tell you that if you thought the regular Swedes were heavy, try this one out. They sure didn't cheap out on the amount of wood...

Have the blue chip model, just gorgeous... Uploaded a stock pic, but if you want to see my pics, they are here: Hagstrom Select Swede

I use the one account for all my guitar stuff, just scroll down the page. Most of the pics are on the second page.
Attached Images

shvmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #94
MarkFL

I have a 1967 Hagstrom Viking. I am looking for a tailpiece (Haggie calls them "stringholders) in good condition. None presently on Ebay or at the Sweden parts site.
The new Chinese manufacturer has not made any spare parts available, or I'd order one new. If anyone has a tail piece or a dog Viking you're parting out, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark in FL
MarkFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #95
shvmr

You could ask here:
http://pub22.bravenet.com/forum/1869638175/

With the economy the way it is, I've seen some nice Vintage Hags available. There's a '68 on Ebay that's just drop dead gorgeous. There's also a 72 Viking floating around with the tan finish like the picture just above. You guys see the new Vikings with the Trem Bar yet? Ohh...
Old 10-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #96
twisty571

Very nice fella's. I ended up with this:

'

I absolutely love the feel of it. My Strat doesn't feel right now. If I buy another which could happen I may try out a Select Ultra Swede or Viking next.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #97
fretboarddragon

I got the Ultralux Ultra Swede in red flame top, and I was more than impressed!!! The thin neck is right up my alley since my main guitar is an Ibanez 540 R with the Ultra neck...so thin is in for me.

Right off the bat the stock pups came out and a Duncan JB/Jazz set went in. Not really necessary, but I'm a Duncan user in all my guitars so this was a must for me. With the single coil tap switch, this gets great tones out of this really lightweight guitar. I'm a small guy, so the slightly smaller Les Paul style body fits me perfectly. Tuning problems are almost zero, and after a pro set up I got the low action I prefer.

Would I own another one? Undoubtedly. In fact, I may just go for the XL-5 for something different. I got lots of gigs coming, and a chance to save up some money.
fretboarddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #98
shvmr

Congrats to the new Hag owners. It occured to me that us Hag guys are pretty much like the Agile and michael Kelly owners, once we get our mitts on one, we swear by them for the rest of our lives.

Not G.A.S., obsession are the more likely words.

And speaking of that, Hagstrom showed their new line finally. We may actually see the fabled 8 string bass reissue, but I think I know what we will all drool over, the new trem system...

I'm so sorry to all of you that actually had visions of using their money for useless things like food, rent and so on rather than the truly important thing in life, a new guitar.

Swedes, Super Swedes, Viking Deluxe, Jimmy, and the D2F all will have these as a option. Hope they hit the states (They better actually)

No Selects though, but I'm gonna guess that's for 2010

That's a Super Swede in the pic, without the pickguard, which I find interesting. But it's clearly stated as a regular SS, not a Select, and it's a limited edition, only 48 made. Isn't that the most gorgeous red fat bitch you have ever seen? Wow.
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus

Last edited by shvmr : 10-06-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #99
Schleimwurm1

Hey,
I'm the proud owner of a Hagstrom F20T, love it. i'm really content with the bridge pickup, but the neck one is sort of... boring. they are both H Custom 60 Humbucker Pickups.
i rarely play any metal, mainly rock and blues. the bridge humbucker has a nice hard rhythm sound and i'd like sort of a soft tele-like sound for the bridge. the guitar has got a LOT of wood. (I mean she is rather heavy).
what would be a good neck pickup for me, and how hard is it to build one into a guitar?
thanks a lot!
Schleimwurm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #100
IbanezPsycho

New Ultra Swede Owner

Rate This Thread: