Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
lookpizza
Party Hard
 
lookpizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Coast
We Were Skeletons

I've been listening to these dudes hard lately. They have a really fresh sound, especially for a screamo band. More people should be into this. They gots free downloads on their myspace too.

http://www.myspace.com/wewereskeletons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTs...feature=related
__________________
I'm an asshole.
lookpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
DavidTerrawr
The next Escape the Fate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarah's Soda
hmm they sound pretty good, singing sounds good and the guitars are pretty creative(though some riffs sound a little weird, little blues or jazz inspiration) I think they'd get more attention if they spiffed up their bandpage, like a new layout. Better recording may help and just plain playing shows outside their region
DavidTerrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
lookpizza
Party Hard
 
lookpizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Coast
They're not really that kind of band.
__________________
I'm an asshole.
lookpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
kurtrip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
hmm they sound pretty good, singing sounds good and the guitars are pretty creative(though some riffs sound a little weird, little blues or jazz inspiration) I think they'd get more attention if they spiffed up their bandpage, like a new layout. Better recording may help and just plain playing shows outside their region

who cares how a bandpage looks..
who cares about good recordings..
its hardcore punk, just listen to the tunes..
kurtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
 
phoenix_crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Love these guys
__________________
last.fm
deadformat
yusuke

Ampeg V4, Acoustic 450, Laney AOR 50
Mesa 2x12, Acoustic 2x15, Acoustic 4x12
phoenix_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
MustangMan311
Cody
 
MustangMan311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Carolina
The default MySpace page > Fancy, Flash-oriented MySpace page
__________________
Escher
FFO: The Faceless, Periphery, Meshuggah, BTBAM, SikTh

Between the Buried and Me, UG group

I'm on Last.fm.

I write for Decoy Music.
MustangMan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
hmm they sound pretty good, singing sounds good and the guitars are pretty creative(though some riffs sound a little weird, little blues or jazz inspiration) I think they'd get more attention if they spiffed up their bandpage, like a new layout. Better recording may help and just plain playing shows outside their region

I'm guessing they don't want to be Escape the Fate, so your point is moot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
 
Kyle<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Hmm I actually liked this a lot.
__________________
last.fm
tumblr
Kyle<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
kurtrip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
I'm guessing they don't want to be Escape the Fate, so your point is moot.


oI'm gonna use that comment each time some moron says something about hardcore punk recording quality
kurtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
DavidTerrawr
The next Escape the Fate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarah's Soda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtrip
who cares how a bandpage looks..
who cares about good recordings..
its hardcore punk, just listen to the tunes..


hmmm That's why when you guys start bands you guys get nowhere. I'm saying if they wanted more attention not how good they are or how they sound like(they are pretty good). All that stuff matters you dimwits, myspace is the most powerful place for a band to get recognition and overall tells if they are good/popular or not. If your page looks like the default myspace page chances are I'm pressing the back button right away without even scrolling down. I'm looking at this from a business point of view people 'o' plain Facts.

lookpizza said they needed more people to get into their music, well I'm just saying how they can GET people to listen to their music, or even look at it.

@Nashawa and your right, they'll never be like Escape the Fate....xDDDDDDDDDD
DavidTerrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
 
phoenix_crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
If you exit out of the page because it doesn't have a fancy design with twitter feeds you probably wouldn't like the music anyway.
__________________
last.fm
deadformat
yusuke

Ampeg V4, Acoustic 450, Laney AOR 50
Mesa 2x12, Acoustic 2x15, Acoustic 4x12
phoenix_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
12shinn21
UG's Jack Black
 
12shinn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
overall tells if they are good or not.

Explain how you came to this.
12shinn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
@Nashawa and your right, they'll never be like Escape the Fate....xDDDDDDDDDD

Thank the lord.

Come back here when you're not 100% ******ed. Then we'll talk.

Until that day comes, I can't be bothered.

The fact is that you're shallow and know nothing about the music industry, but you're acting like you're an all-star.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!

Last edited by nashawa : 09-22-2010 at 10:53 AM.
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
DavidTerrawr
The next Escape the Fate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarah's Soda
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12shinn21
Explain how you came to this.


You forgot to quote good/POPULAR. I'm saying (from a very blunt point of view, when you 1st open a page) and they have a default bandpage, usually most will exit out (I know I do) It doesn't grab your attention and in turn wont get discovered by many. It has nothing to do with how good the band is but shows a lot of how good/bad they are at advertising themselves If you don't make an effort to put yourself out their, then you'll never get discovered 'o'
DavidTerrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #15
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
If you can't be bothered to click the play button because the band can't afford a flashy myspace even though you've already followed the link, that just says something about how much of a tool you are. It says nothing about the band.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
DavidTerrawr
The next Escape the Fate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarah's Soda
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
Thank the lord.

Come back here when you're not 100% ******ed. Then we'll talk.

Until that day comes, I can't be bothered.

The fact is that you're shallow and know nothing about the music industry, but you're acting like you're an all-star.


Dude, and who the hell do you think you are?? Seriously bro? Didn't make a comment on the band but instead (like a troll) have to nit pick at someone's comment. I may be a little brute but I'm making a point, I'm talking about myspace dude not the whole music industry, get that in your tiny brain. Until you can throw in your two cents on the matter don't talk crap
DavidTerrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
Dude, and who the hell do you think you are?? Seriously bro? Didn't make a comment on the band but instead (like a troll) have to nit pick at someone's comment. I may be a little brute but I'm making a point, I'm talking about myspace dude not the whole music industry, get that in your tiny brain. Until you can throw in your two cents on the matter don't talk crap

I did throw my two cents in, hence your response. In fact, you quoted my "two cents."

And who do I think I am? I'm someone who actually knows what he's talking about, and furthermore, and actual music fan. I'm not trolling, you're just a douche and the world would be better if less people acted the way you do.

EDIT: And I've talked about how much I love this band in other posts. Just because you just decided to drop in and know nothing of this forum has nothing to do with me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!

Last edited by nashawa : 09-22-2010 at 12:50 PM.
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
kurtrip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTerrawr
hmmm That's why when you guys start bands you guys get nowhere. I'm saying if they wanted more attention not how good they are or how they sound like(they are pretty good). All that stuff matters you dimwits, myspace is the most powerful place for a band to get recognition and overall tells if they are good/popular or not. If your page looks like the default myspace page chances are I'm pressing the back button right away without even scrolling down. I'm looking at this from a business point of view people 'o' plain Facts.

I'd rather put more effort in songwriting, DIY recordings (www.myspace.com/laatstehalte; we made recordings in a rehearsal room, we hardly knew how the equipment worked and had only one day to record, but I don't care, for me that's just a part of hardcore/punk) and playing live (recordings mean nothing when a band sucks live)
kurtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #19
lookpizza
Party Hard
 
lookpizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Coast
I'm so confused by this all. Usually if a band has a big flashy myspace I don't bother listening to them because it takes to long to load in my browser and that shit is gaudy.

edit: @kurtrip I didn't know that was your band hah I just downloaded your split off Skream your Lungs Out like a week ago. It's good stuff man.
__________________
I'm an asshole.

Last edited by lookpizza : 09-22-2010 at 02:10 PM.
lookpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #20
DavidTerrawr
The next Escape the Fate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarah's Soda
Bla-bla-bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
I did throw my two cents in, hence your response. In fact, you quoted my "two cents."

And who do I think I am? I'm someone who actually knows what he's talking about, and furthermore, and actual music fan. I'm not trolling, you're just a douche and the world would be better if less people acted the way you do.

EDIT: And I've talked about how much I love this band in other posts. Just because you just decided to drop in and know nothing of this forum has nothing to do with me.


I never quoted any of your two cents boy. Lets see, all you have done is complain about my comments, you have said nothing knowledgeable or presented an argument towards mine, instead you complained like a girl on her period. I'm done wasting my time with someone who can't even play well yet acts like an elitist DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DavidTerrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.