Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
greggybhoy
Glasgow Irish!

Question Budget alternative to a Deluxe Reverb.

Is there a budget alternative to a Fender Deluxe Reverb for less than 400? Basically, I love the tone of the amp and would love it if there was a cheaper alternative with roughly the same wattage - preferably less, as I could never afford a real one.
greggybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
sowhat360
UG Newbie

well i have the fender blues deluxe, i believe thats in the same price range(i bought mine in dollars), BUT definately check the blues jr cause it has the same tone, just lower wattage and lower price.
sowhat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
greggybhoy
Glasgow Irish!

Isn't the Blues Junior differently voiced? I thought it had EL84's whilst the Blues Deluxe has 6L6's. EL84's are supposed to be more British sounding, I think.
greggybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
timfxckingklotz

The Blues Junior/Blues Deluxe overdrives much sooner on the clean channel. I'd say to go with the deluxe reverb, but buy used.
timfxckingklotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
the-kid66(3)
Banned

Ive got a fender Super 60 and its pretty good sounds bettor than the Blues deluxe and closer to the DEluxe reverb gets the same tone when its brought up to 5 and if you want bettor just take it up to 7 its got plenty of head room up until 5 i just got it biased so its great now.
there relatively cheap and bettor buys than the blues deluxe the only thing youll need for it is a Holy grail reverb and your set the onboard reverb is good but if you want it as good as the deluxe get the grail.
I actually prefer it over the Deluxe its a real tone machine.
My whole point is if you cant afford the Deluxe then get the Super 60 its bettor than the Blues deluxe and alot cheaper, the blues delluxe is difrently voiced.

I think it also goes as the Super 112
ans some other guy pointed out I think the reason its closer to the Deluxe reverb is the duet of 6L6' it carries
Its a really great amp bettor than the Blues Deluxe on the overdrive at least on the Super its passable and your able to do more than just blues you could actually do some punk and 80's metal, its still harsh by the way and a good bad monkey will solve that.

All these things im mentioning like getting a Bad monkey or a grail might turn you off and say well might as well get the BLues Deluxe but to tell you the truth that amp needs that **** to and it wouldnt sound as good or as close to the Super 60 even with that stuff

Last edited by the-kid66(3) : 03-21-2008 at 12:23 PM.
the-kid66(3) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
slatsmania
downright dinosaurian

There's nothing new out there comparable to a Deluxe Reverb that costs less. Certainly not in the UK. In the US, you might be able to find a Vintage Ampeg that would come close for a reasonable price, but that's about it.

Finding one used is your best bet. Even the Blues Jr. and Blues Deluxe don't come close to the Deluxe Reverb.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
i love you slats.
slatsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
the-kid66(3)
Banned

^well thats why im saying get a Super 60 on ebay. Dont like it, then just sell it. But i find it hard ti bealive that you wont like it like i said i prefer it to a deluxe reverb, all you need is a holy grail.
But like i said its the closest one to a Deluxe that i know of that is cheap and all tube.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
slatsmania
downright dinosaurian

The Super 60 might be a great amp, but I don't think it's what the TS wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybhoy
Is there a budget alternative to a Fender Deluxe Reverb for less than 400? Basically, I love the tone of the amp and would love it if there was a cheaper alternative with roughly the same wattage - preferably less, as I could never afford a real one.

The Super's a 60W amp, probably more comparable to a Blues Deville or Concert than a DRRI.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
i love you slats.
slatsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
the-kid66(3)
Banned

no way i got the amp and its not the same or even close to the amp
I wouldnt aggree altough the amps EQ look the same they both got presence and only two HI LO frequency jacks they sound nothing alike the Blues Deluxe is overly bright while the Super 60 is also bright but not as much, all fender amps are bright.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
the-kid66(3)
Banned

yah and i woulldnt put it up there with the DR but its bettor than any other low end tube amp ive tried from fender

Rate This Thread: