Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

Bugera Users' Militia (for all things Bugera)

Welcome to the Bugera Thread. I wanted to make a place where everyone could go, to talk to people who actually own and use these amps. Also, I wanted to make it so that Bugera owners could have a community so that they could interact with each other, and work together to get the best possible tone out of this amps. Feel free to post pics, recordings, cool settings you've found, tips/tricks, or great retube combinations. I will continually update this thread and also try and answer as many questions as possible

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

120 Watts running 5 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 4 6L6 Power Tubes. Can be switched to EL34, KT77, KT66. 2 Channels, Clean/Crunch and Lead. Shared 3 band EQ.

Good for: Harder Rock, Metal (and all its subgenres), Hardcore, or anything calling for a tight crunch tone

Skip it: If you rarely use high gain sounds

120 Watts running 6 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 4 6L6 Power Tubes. Can be switched to EL34, KT77, KT66. 2 Channels, Clean/Crunch and Lead. Seperate 3 band EQ and Presence/Reverb controls for each channel. Slightly LESS gain than the 6260. The extra preamp tube is used for the clean channel

Good for: Harder Rock, Metal (and all its subgenres), Hardcore, or anything calling for a tight crunch tone

Skip it: If you rarely use high gain sounds

333/333XL

120 Watts running 4 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 4 6L6 Power Tubes (333) or 4 EL34s (333xl). Either can be switched to 6L6, EL34, KT77, KT66. 3 Channels, Clean, Crunch and Lead. Seperate 3 band EQ for each channel. 333XL has built in Noise Gate. Slightly LESS gain than the 6260/6262, but more bottom heavy. More 3D and Hifi sounding than 626x series

Good for: Rock, Punk, Metal (and all its subgenres, though not as suitable for tight riffing), Hardcore, or anything calling for a thick slabby tone.

Skip It: If 3 channels is a bit much, or you are more or less a plug and play person as this amp requires more tweaking

120-Watt 3 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 4 5881 (6L6) Power Tubes, 2-channel (Clean, Lead). Power switch to select between pentode (120 watt) or triode (60 Watt) operation. Nice Marshall-esque roar.

Good For: Classic Rock, Rock, Punk, Metal (specifically more old school styles, not a modern metal machine here). Some Hardcore styles.

Skip It: If you need tight, or more bottom heavy crunch. Clean channel is not this amps strong point either.

150 watt (supposedly), 3 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 4 EL34 Power Tubes. 2 Channel, 4 input design, meaning you can bridge the inputs to get more crunch. No master volume so this thing has to be balls loud to get crunch.

Good For. Classic Rock, some hard rock, Punk, Classic Metal.

Skip It: If you need channel switching, reverb, or low volume crunch tone. This thing is loud!

V22

22 Watt, 3 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 2 EL84 power tubes. 2 Channel with Pentode/ Triode switch. Smooth crunch but can get nice bite too. Probably my personal fave of the Bugera line. RICH power tube breakup

Good For: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Punk, or my personal brand of Post Hardcore ;P. Perfect in the studio or at home, yet load enough for big gigs (mic'd of course)

Skip It: If you need br00t4l bottom end, tight crunch, or loads of preamp gain.

V55

55 Watt, 3 12AX7 Preamp Tubes and 2 6L6 power tubes. 2 Channel with Pentode/ Triode switch. Smooth crunch but can get nice bite too. RICH power tube breakup, but much more clean headroom than the V22

Good For: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Punk, or my personal brand of Post Hardcore ;P.

Skip It: If you need br00t4l bottom end, tight crunch, or loads of preamp gain.

Bias Info

Plate V =480V
6L6 @ 30W dissipation
Set @ 70% = 21W
IA = 43.75 mA

FAQ:

Q: How reliable are Bugera Amps?

A: This is a rather frequent question. I will give my take on it. The First run Bugeras had one major design flaw. Rather than hardwire the transformer, Bugera used a plastic snap in clip. Wehn these got hot, they could arc and burn up, turning your new amp into a 100 watt paperweight. However, it was an easy problem to fix and Bugera addressed it. I have not seen any issues with new run Bugeras so it is my view that the new Bugeras are quite reliable. My 6260 has been on 5 multi state tours ranging from 2-weeks to over a month, recorded 2 albums and has done hundreds of smaller gigs. It has performed faithfully, and the infamous clip went out after 1 1/2 years. I fixed it and it still works after nearly 2 years of hard work. In my experience my I have had much less trouble with my 6260 than I have ever had with most of the other amps that I have owned. An judging by the experience of most of the members of the Bugera Militia, my experience has not been unique.

Q: How do I bias my Bugera?

A: Go here Biasing my Bugera or just PM either me or BeerChurch. Its easy

Q: My transformer clip went out, what do I do?

A: BeerChurch posted a nice instructional blog, with pics. Follow these instructions

Q: I play [insert genre here] music, which Bugera will work for me?

A: See the breakdown of the models above, silly walnut head. Still don't know, just PM either me, BeerChurch or KurtCobain77

Q: Will my Bugera cook for me and do my laundry?

A: Only if you ask nice and take it to a lobster dinner

Q: Will my Bugera get me the wimmens?

A: Once you wow them with your tube tone, they'll be dropping panties all over the place.

If I missed your FAQs, PM me and I will add them

Clips of the 6260-212 and the V22 can be heard on my UG profile

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge

Last edited by Bloodshed : 03-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Bloodshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
jimmy666page666
YOU left me incomplete

I hear people saying there not reliable..is this true ?? I don't want to get something thats a peice and is going to break.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

Well, to be honest, I have heard one instance of a blown cap on HC, but the owner said it was his fault. A couple others have had fuses blow which typically means that a tube has gone. The thing is they haven't been out long enough to say anything about reliability. Plus, I do know that their warranty program is amazing, and so is customer service.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
IbanezPsycho

From the demos i've heard i like there cleans, but im still in debate about there gain channel. Now if they copy Bogner anytime soon i might jump on one lol
Old 04-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
yoyodunno
Tanned

How many people do you think on UG have the Bugeras yet?
(")_(")
My youtube

Flickr
yoyodunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #6
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

I've seen quite a few so far, and a LOT of people considering buying them

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
jimmy666page666
YOU left me incomplete

How are the speakers on the combos? I might get a 6262 or 333xl..
Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

They actually aren't terrible. I still wanna change out for Eminence eventually, but only after the warranty runs out. It keeps up with my other guitarist's Mesa Solo 50 running Vintage 30's. After you run it at moderate to high volume and the speaker break in a bit they warm up a bit. You can also run a cab with it too if you wanted to move some more air

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #9
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezPsycho
From the demos i've heard i like there cleans, but im still in debate about there gain channel. Now if they copy Bogner anytime soon i might jump on one lol

hey man, i hate to be "that guy", but werent you just bashing bugera a few weeks ago? or did you have a change of heart? lol
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
Moe.
UG Newbie

I'm half a Bugera user.
I use a Behringer cabinet with Bugera speakers, and to be honest; they don't cut it.
Very buzzy and what not.
Moe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 AM   #11
Guitarzan1143
UG's 80's God

A buddy of mine just got his bugera in like 2 days ago. He loves it ofcourse, hes a teenager with a new all tube amp. ive been around the block, playing wise, on quite a lot of amps, yet i still consider myself an amp-tard. The tone was alright. Its better than the price tag, but i still wouldn't buy one. i do hear alot of unreliability, but its new, so there will be problems. inevitable.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

If it helps, I gave a rundown of some other amps I've owned in the past, one of them was a 50 watt JCM800. I gotta say, this thing is pretty amazing if you know how to use it. To Moe, what kind of head is on top of that cab?

To Guitarzan, which Bugera did he get, and was it a stack or combo?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
Guitarzan1143
UG's 80's God

he got a combo 6262 or something along those numbers. its loud, but thats aboutttt it.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 AM   #14
dbzrage3k

Im running a Bugera 6262 head through a Marshall 1960A cab.

Sounds pretty good to me. I generally dont get a chance to turn it up past about 3, even during band practice. I can imagine it would sound a lot better if i cranked it up more. If they made a lower wattage version, I would've been all over it.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

You could take it to a tech and have it modded for either a power soak, or a half power mod. The half power mod is simple, you just pull the two outer or inner tubes, and have the fuse changed. Your other option is an attenuator.

I did notice that the combo starts to open up sooner

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-25-2008, 12:57 AM   #16
Moe.
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
To Moe, what kind of head is on top of that cab?

Randall RM100m.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #17
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

Wow, yeah a Behringer cab wont nearly do that amp justice. In Bugera's defense, their speakers on their own stuff are better than the ones in Behringer cabs. Sell it and get an Avatar 2x12.

I think I'm gonna put one under my combo

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #18
Moe.
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
Wow, yeah a Behringer cab wont nearly do that amp justice. In Bugera's defense, their speakers on their own stuff are better than the ones in Behringer cabs. Sell it and get an Avatar 2x12.

I think I'm gonna put one under my combo

Nah no thanks.
Right now I'm heading for the Randall Ra412xc cabinet. Mainly because they have mic eliminators and what not.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #19
henza_x

I have a 333xl head.

Pretty good, I've only used the rehearsal room's JCM900, JCM800 and obviously, the 333xl kicks it. (rehearsal room modded those so they're only one the 1 channel)

The Reverb for it sounds too watery in my opinion, I like reverb that sounds like a slight echo in a hall.

I find that the noisegate and the XL button doesn't do much, but the HIGH GAIN/LOW GAIN inputs are fantastic, really helps.

Soundwise, 3 channels, Lead is the only one i use thats metal enough, crunch is slight distortion sounds thin, and clean, well, i don;t use it enough to compare it to anything.

My first tube amp, my first head, overall happy with it, but i just haven't found the right settings to get it as ballsy as my mates 6505+.

That being said, the 6262 didn't compare to the 333xl. Too thin.
henza_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:38 AM   #20
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

Sounds cool.

I never found one to try yet. But i think it seems like the 333 series is more modern tonally, while the 6260/6262 are more vintage on steriods.

Does that seem accurate.

As for reverb, go Holy Grail....um noise gate, HUSH Super C

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge

Rate This Thread: