Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
m_wilkie

Pedal switching (n00b) question...

Alright, even though I've been playing guitar for years, I'm really new to the idea of pedal switching ie going from one pedal loop in the Dirt channel to another in the Clean channel without the need for tap dancing.

My equipment is as follows:

TU-2 > Way Huge Green Rhino > MXR Analog Chorus > MXR Carbon Copy > DBA Reverberation Machine > Orange OR100 (w/ two way footswitch)

For example - with one flick of a switch - I'd like to go from Clean/Chorus -> Dirt/Green Rhino.
Then maybe Clean/Reverb/Delay -> Dirt/Reverb
Then maybe Clean/Green Rhino -> Dirt/Green Rhino/Delay
etc. etc.

I know this would be done with a switching/looping device but how would I include the switch from dirt channel to clean channel? Or incorporating the Orange footswitch into the looper/switcher if that is how it works?

Apologies if the explanation was wack but if you need to know anything else then I'll do my best to explain further.

Cheers.
m_wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #2
metalmingee

Check out Voodoo Labs Ground Controller and Control Switcher. That setup can do everything you mentioned and probably more. There may be some less expensive alternatives though.

Maybe the part you're missing is the Control Switcher which can control non-Midi amp switching in most cases.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)

Amps:
Mesa Roadster 212 Combo
Peavey 5150 212 Combo with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
metalmingee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
m_wilkie

Damn they look pretty pricy (and quite complex).

I did see that Joyo had a pedal switcher/looper with some type of trigger option that could incorporate an amps clean/dirt channels?

http://joyoaudio.com/en/product/show_204.html
Old 05-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
guitarsngear

Check out this channel on youtube, the guy has a bunch of videos going through - in detail - how the different Joyo loopers work and how to set them up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Eytsch...ch?query=looper
guitarsngear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
m_wilkie

Ahh yes I've seen a number of this guys vids. Pretty informative and quite humorous, but damn they're not exactly brief haha.

I'll catch when I get home after work, cheers.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
dspellman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmingee
Check out Voodoo Labs Ground Controller and Control Switcher. That setup can do everything you mentioned and probably more. There may be some less expensive alternatives though.

Maybe the part you're missing is the Control Switcher which can control non-Midi amp switching in most cases.

There's a Voodoo Labs Ground Controller Pro in the Guitar Denter USED gear listings for $249. That'll save you about $150 unless you can talk them into an even lower price.

This is part of the reason I went with a modeler.

While you can set up *which* pedals you want to activate with a preset on the Voodoo, you can't change the settings on the individual pedals, nor can you change the order (I don't think...don't remember). With the modeler, you can run the same effect in preset #1 with one set of parameters and in preset #2 with an entirely different set of parameters. And you can put them in any order you like. Obviously this isn't something that will spill over into the pedals that you own now (it'll only work on the FX inside the modeler itself).
dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #7
Maidenheadsteve
I do the guitar good

I disagree with everything and suggest either the joyo pxl pro or Rocktron patchmate 8. Multiple banks, up to 8 pedals per bank, the ability to split up what goes straight to the amp and into the fx loop.
Charvel So-Cal(SH6TB/N). Joyo pxl pro: Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Whammy DT, green rhino and swollen pickle. Loop 1 out into ISP decimator II. Loop 2: Line 6 m9. Loop 2 out into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212

Last edited by Maidenheadsteve : 05-14-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Maidenheadsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: