Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  

Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #1
Outside Octaves
Thinking about the octave
Outside Octaves's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Using the amp EQ in place of a tone pot?

If in reconfiguring my guitar's wiring I loose my tone knob (going for 2 concentric pots possibly), I've heard tell around the net that there is a way to use your amp in such a way as to have the same effect as rolling on/off your tone knob. Is this true, and if so how? And how close to the effect is this?
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me


Outside Octaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #2
Almost Sane
CorrosionMedia's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK? I'm good too.
My personal preference is to simply build a tone pedal. Basically just wire a tone circuit (ripped straight out of the guitar if you like) and put it between a pair of jacks. Completely passive, easy to make true bypass and much faster to activate (at least for me!).
Comic Sans is a terrible font.

Here's my SoundCloud Page
(Mostly rough demos/protos)
And my Bandcamp
(Much the same, but expensive)
CorrosionMedia is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.