Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #61
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

Sam Ash carries Bugera too.

By the way, I just recently emailed Bugera and told them how impressed with my 6260. I mentioned how well the thing was working out, for jazz, praise, and hardcore, and anything else I throw it.

Bugera emailed me back the next day, they seemed very responsive and friendly. They thought it was pretty cool that I was putting this thing up against a Mesa and other amps. They told me to keep in touch and to let them know if I had any ideas to improve the stuff in the future, and asked for my address and shirt size so that they could send me some free stuff. I'm not one to refuse free stuff.

I gotta say, they seem pretty cool, and I hope they continue with some new lines in the future.

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Bloodshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #62
Moe.
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshed

I gotta say, they seem pretty cool, and I hope they continue with some new lines in the future.

Hopefully.
They should really sort out the problems some people have been having first though. (Not trying to bash..)
Old 04-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #63
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

True, but they are responsive, so I highly recommend people send their concerns to the company. They do sound like they wanna improve ad keep going.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #64
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

@ Moe - it seems that the "issues" they are having you mention are mostly power related and a couple of tube issues. This seems about "normal" for any cheap Chinese made merchandise. When you factor in cost for tone, this amp cannot be beat right now. Not at 120 watts anyway...
TheEsupremacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #65
Moe.
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy
@ Moe - it seems that the "issues" they are having you mention are mostly power related and a couple of tube issues. This seems about "normal" for any cheap Chinese made merchandise. When you factor in cost for tone, this amp cannot be beat right now. Not at 120 watts anyway...

But how much of that 120 watts do you really need?
I can assure you, people needing 120 watts of power for stadium gigs, can afford more than the Bugeras.

But hey, I see what you're saying.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #66
Fama
Nubnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe.
But how much of that 120 watts do you really need?
I can assure you, people needing 120 watts of power for stadium gigs, can afford more than the Bugeras.

But hey, I see what you're saying.

Yeah, 120 watts is way too much. But on the positive side, at least you won't be too quiet

I've been thinking of maybe pulling two of the power tubes in the future, but the speakers would have to be rewired since currently they're 16 ohm and that's also the max setting (6262 combo).
Fama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #67
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

I've heard/read happy ending stories on switching out the speakers on the Bugera combo. That mod and some new tubes and wow. It just can't be beat. 120 watts is perfect for bedroom playing IMHO.

*Just got my 6262 half stack delivered. Works great. Tone is awesome. Best $700 I ever spent. Now to get some pedals and such.

Last edited by TheEsupremacy : 04-30-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #68
Ryohazuki

Yeah, I love my Bugera to death. Got it back in March, along with my marshall 1960A. Sounds like a sweet setup to me. Does everything I want it to do perfect.

I got the 6262 cause I decided i wanted to be a bit versatile and be able to use cleans and what not with an independent eq for it. Other than that it's lasted me so far gonna play a show with it soon, which is good. Anyway I must say for the price it really can't be beaten as others have said.
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Ryohazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #69
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

Oh my God this thing IS REALLY LOUD for a practice bedroom amp. I almost feel stupid for thinking this would be a sane idea, almost . I think I'm gonna buy a Boss GT 10 later today and run it through the effects loop and hope for the best. I don't have a lot of money to get all the effects I'd like to hear through this amp. I hope I'll be happy with the GT 10.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #70
Brendan.Clace
UG's Metalcore Producer

Buying a 6262 head in a few weeks.... which is more modern gain though? I am looking for a head that will do anything from clapton to like In Flames and in between....

Also buying a Vader 2x12 to match it....this will be sick

Cant wait to post some soundclips with the new studio i set up as well....SO excited...
Brendan.Clace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #71
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

The Lead channel on my 6262 is SICK. I LOVE the stock distortion. It's a more modern sound most definately. I borrowed some of my friends pedals to play with and WOW. Just freakin' WOW. I'm happy. I'm fairly poor so this is the best I can do and at least it's a F'N VALVE AMP. Bash away...Lol.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #72
Guitarmike123

Which would be the best choice for me: the 6260 combo or the 6262 combo?
I'm looking for that brutal 5150 tone and I've heard that the Bugera is a good clone worth the pricetag.
Also, how are the reliability, build quality etc. I've read about people having them break down and the build quality is supposed to be dodgy. But that could simply be people jumping the bandwagon because 'someone else sez so lol'-
So I thought it was best to ask here and get answers from people who actually own these amps.
Guitarmike123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #73
PimpedOutSquier
OHMYGODI'MONFIRE

I would get one, but there's no way I'd use 120 watts. If/when they make an amp 50 watts or below, then I'll buy one. If the prices are this low for 120 watt amps, I wonder how cheap a 5 watt would be. Could blow the VJ out of the water.
Originally Posted by gh0sthack
Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
PimpedOutSquier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #74
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

^ The thing is, the VJ is class A, meaning it requires a huge transformer to power it, and stuff like that.

To clarify for everyone.

The 6260 is based on the 5150, so for Brendan.Clace, the distortion channel is A+ for nailing the melodic metal sound.

The 6262 is based on the 5150+, so slightly less gain, but more versatility. I will say though, even the 6260 is very versatile, and can do pretty much anything the 6262 can. Although having an eq on the clean might be nice.

To Guitarmike123...I would wholeheartedly recommend the 6260. I bought it because took the 5150 and made a few improvements (adjustable bias, MUCH better cleans, less fizzy gain; etc). Mine has had zero problems. I know there have been reports of problems, but much of it is band wagon (a friends, friends great aunts Bugera died) and the more I talk to techs, it seems that user error (t00b n00bs) is the biggest common denominator. Remember, it does have a year of warranty. So be smart and register your amp when you buy!! If you want the 5150 sound, you wont be sorry.

To pimpedoutsquier....you could have a tech pull two power tubes, giving you 60 watts of power, or use THD Yellow Jackets and EL-84s to drop down to around 30 watts (I think thats right)

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 04-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #75
Brendan.Clace
UG's Metalcore Producer

Okay, that does it!

Def. Buying a 6262 in 2 weeks!!!!

Also... my Vader cab.... or should I go genz benz... GAH
Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #76
howey

The 333xl I tried was really noisy even with the inbuilt gate on 10. Are the 62XX series like that to?
And would you need an OD to tighten them up or are they fine by them selves?
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
howey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #77
Bloodshed
UG's Delay Wh0re

They sound good by themselves...although an OD really tightens it up.

Now as for the noise gate on the 333, its like the one in a Peavey XXX, it only knocks out a little bit of noise. Get a real gate for the efx loop

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #78
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

I'd like to hear a 333XL. Those wern't in stock when I bought my 6262. I am happy with it though. No complaints, nothing blown up yet. *Knocks on wood*
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #79
Brendan.Clace
UG's Metalcore Producer

So, im confused.... the 6262 has slightly less gain than the 6260, but a nicer clean, plus an independant EQ?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #80
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan.Clace
So, im confused.... the 6262 has slightly less gain than the 6260, but a nicer clean, plus an independant EQ?

Exactly.

Rate This Thread: