Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #11581
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves24
So in a way, the Bugera's mechanical shortcomings actually turned me into a better guitarist. Well done Bugera, well done.

tl;dr It's had minor issues, but once they were dealt with, has been solid and made me a better player!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #11582
ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Get real noob...

Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Plumb
Hi All,
Dustin here. I'm the product manager for BUGERA, working out of our Seattle office.

I wanted to drop a quick note about our reliability, just so you hear it from the "horse's mouth". We're the first to admit that when we launched the line, we had reliability issues with a couple of our models. We have since taken HUGE steps in bringing our manufacturing and quality assurance standards to the next level.

One of the many benefits of our MIDAS brand acquisition, was gaining the invaluable resource of their legendary, state of the art manufacturing and testing methods (something MIDAS is famous for). We have worked tirelessly and spend a great deal of capital on bringing the BUGERA manufacturing facility up to the same strict standards and we've seen a measurable decrease in our failure rate as a result.

If you haven't played a BUGERA amp in some time, we implore you to seek out a local BUGERA retailer and put one of our amps through its paces. You won't be disappointed.

We understand that you have a huge number of amp options out there and we really appreciate those of you that have chosen BUGERA as your go-to brand.

I'm here to answer any questions you might have, so please feel free to fire away.

Talk to you soon,

Dustin Plumb
Product Manager
Bugera

What amperage are the 7915 and 7815 regulators in positions ic1 and ic2 on a 6262. I would like to change these. I have 1a ones just wanna be sure.

Guys my amp back up and running. it only cost me 5 bucks... I added a heatsink to the regulators. Still don't trust it, wanna solder in some new ones. It's gonna be a PITA
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
ChuggyMcBr00tlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #11583
ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Get real noob...

Amp still acting up, changed those regulators still doing it. Could the preamp tubes have anything to do with channel switching ?
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #11584
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tas38
Somehow I'm guessing this is his first and last post.

So far, so true.

Why bother putting yourself (and your company) out there like that if you're not gonna bother following up? He should have never posted in my opinion... Just makes me think they're spending more money on BS PR stuff than they are on actual solutions.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Last edited by tubetime86 : 11-01-2012 at 02:15 PM.
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #11585
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

^ Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Amp still acting up, changed those regulators still doing it. Could the preamp tubes have anything to do with channel switching ?

I seriously doubt it. I know preamp tubes are sometimes used to drive reverb or FX loops but not as channel switchers. Can you take it to a tech?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #11586
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy

I've been offered a modified 333xl for my 6505+, I want something that can do Iron Maiden, Saxon, and that sort of thing. The heaviest would be Stone Sour or Slipknot.

Here is the description of the mods I got: I had jeff from dsr amplification in sarnia put in mesa 6l6 powertubes about 3 months ago, and he alos replaced a few internal parts to make it more "road-worthy". I noticed you said the 6505+ doesn't fit your tastes. The bugera I am offering has a pretty good clean channel, a crunch that sounds pretty marshall esque and can go from light breakup to metal tones. The lead channel can be really heavy/ in the same realm as the 6505. I have the foot pedal for channel switching. I'm offering mostly because i have always liked the 6505+, and play metal 95% of the time. if you are interested just let me know. If you want a second opinion on it i would recommend asking jeff from dsr about it (if you know him,or you can find him on facebook), he was pretty impressed with it. thanks!

Would the amp with those mods suit what I want?

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us... [/SIZE]

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Charvel1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #11587
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvel1995
I've been offered a modified 333xl for my 6505+, I want something that can do Iron Maiden, Saxon, and that sort of thing. The heaviest would be Stone Sour or Slipknot.

Here is the description of the mods I got: I had jeff from dsr amplification in sarnia put in mesa 6l6 powertubes about 3 months ago, and he alos replaced a few internal parts to make it more "road-worthy". I noticed you said the 6505+ doesn't fit your tastes. The bugera I am offering has a pretty good clean channel, a crunch that sounds pretty marshall esque and can go from light breakup to metal tones. The lead channel can be really heavy/ in the same realm as the 6505. I have the foot pedal for channel switching. I'm offering mostly because i have always liked the 6505+, and play metal 95% of the time. if you are interested just let me know. If you want a second opinion on it i would recommend asking jeff from dsr about it (if you know him,or you can find him on facebook), he was pretty impressed with it. thanks!

Would the amp with those mods suit what I want?

I own a bugera 333 and you deff do not want to trad your Peavey for one. I understand you don't really dig your amps tone, but that is an idiotic trade. While bugeras sound good, your peavey is built like a tank and made with much higher quality components.

Just hang in there and you'll either sell it or find someone who will swap you.

EDIT: It is like trading a BMW M3 for a Frod Focus. Bothe are cars and drive, but the BMW is infinately better.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

Last edited by Robbgnarly : 11-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #11588
Axe-man69
UG Board King

HI everybody! I'm back, I said I'm BAAACK!

How's things here in Bugera land? Still bitching back n forth or the trolls be banishethed?

I've been busy doing loads of musical and retail stuff.

Among which, are several recent BUGERA demos.

Pleas take a look and feel free to ask questions about anything presented!

All done on Modded V55HD!

Enjoy...

You Wanted the BEST, You GOT the BEST, You KNOW the Rest...

http://beaverrecords.com/forum please join our newest music related forum on the net!
Axe-man69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #11589
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Yeah dude, you missed the guy from Bugera posting in here. He went on a little rant of how everything is ok all better now and then left.

Gear:
TBA
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #11590
tubetime86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
Yeah dude, you missed the guy from Bugera posting in here. He went on a little rant of how everything is ok all better now and then left.

You forgot the part where he offered his help, then disappeared and now isn't responding in here or to PMs.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #11591
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Oh yeah, sorry about that, what tubetime said.

But seriously Dan, what more do you except from a low-cost company? They can't afford to even buy tested tubes, let alone pay some guy to help at an online forum.

Gear:
TBA
Gibson SG Faded
Old 11-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #11592
tubetime86

Then don't offer.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #11593
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

crazy talk dude. How else are they going to convince everyone to buy a bugera instead of a peavey or vox or marshall? Obviously the easiest way is to lie and hope that no one calls you on your BS! C'mon dude, what part of this aren't you getting? They could spend their PR dough on proper QC, but no one gives a rat's ass about that, so why would they?

Gear:
TBA
Gibson SG Faded
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #11594
tubetime86

Hey man I don't wanna spin this into speculation and Bugera bashing... I'm only speaking to what I can prove and that is that Bugera has a reputation for being unreliable, and that guy's little visit here only makes the company as a whole seem less reliable.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #11595
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Oh I mean I loved my bugera, but the lack of integrity in the company shown by that debacle was quite frustrating

Gear:
TBA
Gibson SG Faded
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #11596
ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Get real noob...

Pot

Ok so i fixed my 6262, a poster (danglin'fury) on another forum fixed a similar problem on a peavey XXX and pointed me in the right direction. It was 20 cent 1 megaohm resistor in the R54 spot.

Back in Bid-ness.....
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #11597
devideva
UG Newbie

I got the V55 Combo for 330 bucks US. I am a poor bloke. I get so much good sound. I am really happy with it. I also got a Earthquaker Speaker Cranker and with that bit of dioditure clippiture it has a really fine sound.

I haven't swapped tubes. I talked to one well known tuber who impressed to me that in his words the amp would best "Go with the Tung-Sol 7581's and for the 3 x 12AX7's do a Tung-Sol in V1, Ruby 12AX7AC7 HG in V2 and a Sovtek LPS in V3."

I was ready to buy NOS and -or Genalex NI, but he said this above combo was ideal. I researched them more and see where he's going with them.

That will be my next jag with this amp.

I have a used EHX LPB2UBE coming soon for some tube satchmo and distro. I am looking forwards to that.

It has been loads of fun.
devideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #11598
epicrate

Picked up a lightly used 333 head and a brand new 412F-BK cab for $500 Canadian today, In a get this outta my store sale, For that price I couldn't pass it up
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #11599
wahalrus
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Hey guys, is the V22 loud enough to play clean with a band with a moderate-light drummer?
wahalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #11600
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahalrus
Hey guys, is the V22 loud enough to play clean with a band with a moderate-light drummer?

i didn't crank it all the way at the store, but it seemed like a fairly loud amp. if you put the amp on a table about waist high i bet it would keep up just fine. also place it about 4 feet from a wall for some good rear projection, should also help fill up a room.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: